Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fieldrunners

Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
žabrewulf «

$4.99 PC version VERSES $1.99 Android and IOS version?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NzdHVkaW9zIl0.

Have it for my Tablet, its a good TD game, nice price at the Play Store, but not sure about the $4.99 (regular price) for PC gamers?

Ok, so the Android Version ATM has 4 battlefields and 7 weapons and says "DLC coming soon", which I'm assuming is what's included in the Steam PC version. The 4 extra battlefields and 3 extra weapons. Hmmm...

But the feature list says "Includes all 8 original maps" 8 Original maps from what version? Ios, Android??? Speaking of IOS version, says this there - "New content coming soon!
NOTE: You DO NOT have to pay for the the maps you have already purchased. Simply click BUY and the maps will unlock for FREE." - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/field...292421271?mt=8

Wow, confusing stuff...

So it $3 more for the DLC basically. Gonna have to see what the Android version DLC goes for when released.

At least there aren't any stupid "In App Purchases" in the PC version right? How I hate that crap!

Here's a few IOS customer reviews to stew on...

Wow....

by Jennifer Marcussen

You pay 2.99 for 1 map. Then ones free. Then you unlock two. And there's like 5 more you have to BUY!!! WTF? Make the app free and have us pay for the mAps or something? Stupid.
Another Update

by niezam Sandakan

The updates for this game pretty ridicolous starting v1.3.0. Gamers tend to love when there is an update, but not for this game. The updates just want to get rid the bad reviews with nothing new introduced and special about the updates.

appshopper.com/games/fieldrunners - update records, v1.3 - 1.3.1 - 1.3.2 - 1.4.0 - 1.4.1 - 1.5.0 - 1.5.1 - 1.5.2 - 1.5.3 Whats next? Bug fixed updates of course.
what used to be a great TD game.

by Marat Voznyuk

and $1 per map?! GTFO

Last edited by žabrewulf «: 05-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Lurpsukka

It's -40% right now.
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
žabrewulf «

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpsukka View Post
It's -40% right now.
Note I said "Regular" price...
žabrewulf « is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
confid3nt

The word is "versus", just saying. "Verse" (plural verses) is a unit of poem or also used in the Bible.
confid3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
žabrewulf «

Quote:
Originally Posted by confid3nt View Post
The word is "versus", just saying. "Verse" (plural verses) is a unit of poem or also used in the Bible.
Thanks for educating me. Most appreciated...
žabrewulf « is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
poppashobes

Subatomic Studios
Hey žabrewulf «

I'm Alec from Subatomic Studios (we make Fieldrunners). Just got my account's permissions set up to start posting here, so I'm more than happy to answer your questions

Basically, Fieldrunners for iPad is $7.99 because it includes the 4 maps originally released as paid DLC for the iPhone build. The Steam version is built from the same unified codebase as the iPad version, so it includes all the extra levels that people have to normally pay for on iPhone. We figured that $4.99 was actually a pretty rocking price considering that the iPad version was a little under twice as much. Maybe we were wrong. The good thing is that we can put it on sale whenever we want, and it's currently on sale for $2.99 until June 1st

The iPhone and Android versions are $2.99 because they don't have the 4 extra levels in the Steam and iPad versions. However, they're also on sale at $1.99 because of the #BecauseWeMay sale (www.becausewemay.com - lot's of rocking games for cheap).

I can see how "Includes all 8 original maps" might be misleading. Hopefully this post helps clarify things, but if it doesn't please feel free to ask additional questions.

Sorry for any confusion! I hope you guys take a chance to check out our game while it's on sale. If you play and have suggestions, please let us know.

Cheers,

-Alec
poppashobes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fieldrunners