Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Zombie Driver

Old 12-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
chwynn

"I Like My Car Clean" Achievement

Hey guys,

I started a new game about 2 hours ago, hoping to get this achievement, and I've been mashing enter when a level ends so I can get to the next one, but for some reason, on level 11, it placed the enter key on an upgrade button. So that cocked that up.
My question is, can I get this achievement if I just don't use the upgraded car, or do I have to start again from the beginning, and be more careful?
Or is there a way to downgrade the car and pretend it never happened ;P

Thanks,
Andy
Old 12-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
confid3nt

I believe you've just lost that achievement. To get it, all car must be "clean" aka no upgrade.
confid3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #3
chwynn

Technically, the car I upgraded was the bus, so... I'm clutching at straws here

-fine- I'll do it all again ><
chwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
TrappaKeepa

When your purchase an upgrade, you can cancel the purchase by pressing the "cancel purchase" button...
TrappaKeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
chwynn

I'll try just finishing the game from here, and see if I get it. I loaded the game up and it had forgotten my purchases.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
mehmet_can

Play with your current save game for full fun. Then, after finishing the game, you can focus on completing the achievements. This game can be completed faily quick, so you might want to comlete it several times after your first beat.

I Like My Car Clean Achievement requres no upgrade for any of your cars. Weapons a re excluded from this requirement. So, you can buy all of the weapon upgrades whihc are located RIGHT side of the shop menu, but you can not buy any upgrades located at the LEFT side of the shop menu.

have fun.
mehmet_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
chwynn

I have already completed the game once, and I got all other achievements on that run through, so I thought I'd give it another shot. Only got 3 more mission to go and I got the achievement!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
chwynn

Woo! got it! I didn't upgrade the car or weapons at all for the entire game in the second playthrough. Fun game, but I'd like to see a level select or something
Old 12-18-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
mehmet_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwynn View Post
Woo! got it! I didn't upgrade the car or weapons at all for the entire game in the second playthrough. Fun game, but I'd like to see a level select or something
Congratulations !

I like this game alot and I have also completed it many times. it worths.
mehmet_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:56 AM   #10
chwynn

I don't think I'll be playing it any more now though, cause it is basically just mowing down zombies with the car, and there is nothing to aim for.

I have completed the game, and completed every bonus objective with no up grades at all, which is basically the hardest difficulty setting, so there is nothing more for me to do here.
I'm a completionist, and achievements feed that tendency, so unless they put more achievements in, or more content, then I think I'm done with that game until I come back in a few years and play if for nostalgic value.

Good game though guys. A little predictable story after about the second mission, but who plays a game like "Zombie Driver" for the story?

The game has kept me entertained for 8 hours, and it was worth whatever I payed for it. (Got it in the steam sale, along with about 15 other games, the prices have just melted in my head)

Loved it all, except getting the military supercar with a naked ambulance. That bit sucked ;;
Old 05-09-2010, 03:49 AM   #11
eastx

Are you allowed to buy guns when going for this Achievement?
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:44 AM   #12
William Shatner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Are you allowed to buy guns when going for this Achievement?
Correct. You can buy all the weapon upgrades, but no armor, speed or ramming.
William Shatner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Bererengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmet_can View Post
I Like My Car Clean Achievement requres no upgrade for any of your cars. Weapons a re excluded from this requirement. So, you can buy all of the weapon upgrades whihc are located RIGHT side of the shop menu, but you can not buy any upgrades located at the LEFT side of the shop menu.
have fun.
Thanks so much for that info! This was exactly what I was hoping to find in the forum *thumbs up*

All the best,
Bererengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Zombie Driver