Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 05-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Health Angel

getting kicked instantly from almost every game

My problem is that i can't join MP games except for certain coop (DomiOA) servers. From all other multiplayer games i keep getting kicked instantly or even banned (this is what the message says, don't know if i am really banned just for trying to join).

I tried almost everything (including different versions of Battleye) that i have found on the web to solve this problem except for complete reinstall. I am running Arma 2 CO plus BAF and PMC full versions -all from Steam and updated to current versions. It doesn't matter if i try to join by using Six Updater or Arma Launcher and it doesn't matter which mods i try to use or if i play the vanilla version the results are always the same: i can play coop DomiOA but nothing else.

I hope someone has a solution for that problem or at least a hint that leads me to it.

Thanks in advance

Health Angel
Old 05-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Doob

Try reinstalling Battle eye. It can be weird.
Doob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Health Angel

I already tried that a few times and with different versions (Steam and from Battleye homepage).
Health Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
do You own both A2 and OA, did you ran A2 once prior using OA ? same for BAF (once prior runnin OA)

Old 05-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
7th_Serf

are you checking for mods? If you're joining a server running mods and don't have them you'll get kicked.
7th_Serf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
Health Angel

I bought Arma 2 Combined Ops (so yes, i own Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead) in July 2010 and bought later in 2010 BAF and PMC after their release. All Steam versions.

Last time i played Arma 2 was in december 2011 and i have had no issues with multiplayer. Nothing has changed on my computer or hardware since then except for the usual software updates.

As many others i was curious about DayZ and wanted to try it but whatever i tried i couldn't connect to a server without being kicked. Then i tried unmodded servers and several mod servers (with the proper mods installed of course) and found out that i can only play on coop DomiOA and Scontrol servers at the moment without being kicked.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
followed simple instructions in this sticky?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2705492

Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
Health Angel

Yes i did. Especially this part:

WARNING:
1. You should RUN STEAM via "run as administator"
2. and start ARMA 2 once , then exit
3. then start ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead via the desktop shortcuts from installers

Unfortunately no luck. Using the desktop shortcuts doesn't help either.

To say it clearly: i can join servers, i can see other players and their pings in the list, i can even sometimes load mission files but i am getting kicked instantly or after a few seconds.

Last edited by Health Angel: 05-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
sounds like not installed BattlEye

check
C:\Program Files (x86)\STEAM\STEAMapps\Common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

is there BEclient.dll ?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
Health Angel

Yes it is. I have also tried the newer files (compared to steam files) from battleye homepage. No difference.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
Rautapalli

Dunno if this is already solved or not, but usually problems like these are because your game data differs from the one the server uses. This can be because you're running addons that the server doesn't allow or some of the arma 2 files themselves are corrupted.

I'd try verifying both games in Steam. Right click game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache. That looks through all the files and checks if they match with the ones in Steam.

Last edited by Rautapalli: 06-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Rautapalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
mattsmiley

Router issue

I was having all the same problems and tried all the file related fixes but nothing worked.

I have a boblight router with iinet and I updated the firmware to the latest version ( as the battle eye support page suggests for this error) and I haven't had the "battle eye client not responding" problem since.

hope this helps.
mattsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead