Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
DonVino

there a some videos how pub stompers tear through the lines of infected. It's ridiculous how they are able to rush through to the saferoom but they don't cheat at all. You said they were friends... a well coordinated team is far more worth than an automatic shotgun...a bunch of bad coordinated infected won't have a chance.
DonVino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
laazrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVino View Post
there a some videos how pub stompers tear through the lines of infected. It's ridiculous how they are able to rush through to the saferoom but they don't cheat at all. You said they were friends... a well coordinated team is far more worth than an automatic shotgun...a bunch of bad coordinated infected won't have a chance.
Yep, Its so easy to "break' the ai director in this game by rushing, particularly during some of the panic events. A good example is the event on blood harvest 2. Once you rush in front of the horde you are basically home free and won't see a single common infected for the rest of the map, due to the game's limitations with the amount of zombies that can be spawned at one time.
laazrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
epicphail

They can get cheaper keys btw as they live in a nation whose government does little to nothing to protect the IP of american companies so selling games cheap their is the only thing they can do to combat against piracy.
epicphail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Kabuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_d_har View Post
PROTIP: If a cheaters screen name is in Cyrillic, they could just as easily be serbian, bulgarian, macedonian or one of many other cyrillic using countries or they may just know the language.
Or just someone who thinks it's really ЯЗДLLУ ИЭДT to use all the alt-codes they know.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
General Jameson

Put the players on your block list and find another game. It is really that easy.
General Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
Pandemonyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jameson View Post
Put the players on your block list and find another game. It is really that easy.
That really doesn't help anyone. "Finding another game" is a horrible thing to tell someone that is angered about cheating players. It's like someone who happily invested 1.5billion dollars into an apple orchard on the moon, was just told that the investment was worthless and that they should "find another one".

Or more accurately, someone bought this game, was looking for fun and is now being told to buy a new game because the community is causing problems for the game. They spent 20ish dollars on a game and want to be entertained.

Edit: If you mean "find another server" then I may have misinterpreted your post. sorry.
Pandemonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
durrchet

I've seen 1 cheater in l4d2 from the day it was released. I have no idea what you're talking about. And it was obvious speedhax.
durrchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
Omega_K2

I also see hackers once in a while, mostly russian (and defininetly russian, as when I play I play on my own server where I have a plugin that adds the country to their name). Though it is not as bad as you claim, I only see a bunch of them every few games.
Oh and I only play versus.

And mostly they use ESP, I haven't seen aimbot in very long time. It is the type of players that already aim where you spawn while you are still invisible and in spawning mode.

But honestly, if you get your own server you can easily get rid of the cheaters. Ragequit is more of a problem in that case.
Omega_K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
gav114

There's way too many "Selective aimbot" and "ESP" users as of late.

Because the hack is binded to a specific key people can become very good at hiding aimbots. Detecting ESP users is just as hard unless you spectate or something the entire round.

If its true valve take a few months to bann them they most likely just get a new game/account. The game isn't very expensive, i mean say it takes 3 months for a bann that's just £5 a month.

It sucks.
gav114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #25
NabsterHax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav114 View Post
"Selective aimbot"
I know these actually exist, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people accused of using these actually are just good enough to pull off the occasional headshot.
NabsterHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
EpicLegend

PC: Hackers

Xbox: Glicthers
EpicLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #27
MystMan

The "wallhack" is more so people with good ears & speakers/headphones who can hear you behind the wall. Some walls CAN be shot through. You can even do this in campaign mode against AI. We need more detail, what SI were you and did you make any noise? AFAIK the hunter is truly the only SI which does not make any noise when standing still. (do not crouch when not required, in crouched stance he will make noise). Were you killed with a single bullet or repeated shots?

Aimbot: what proof do you have of this? The most obvious way to catch them is by going in first person mode and watching the game through their survivor's eyes (keep pressing spacebar to switch views), if the camera is shaking all around locking on everything instantly, then it's 100% aimbot.
Also, constantly making single-bullet headshot kills without wasting any bullet as soon as a target enters their view for an entire map is abnormally too good. If you see the survivor "looking" at you constantly in ghost mode, that is also an (outdated) aimbot.

I have encountered cheaters but by no means in such a large amount that the game is overrun by them. That happens to games which have no anti-cheat method and zero dev/publisher admin moderation.

Last edited by MystMan: 06-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.
MystMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
bha2597

and vac will ban them
bha2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #29
Milkycookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bha2597 View Post
and vac will ban them
VAC can't ban what it's not under their purview.

A lot of the cheats I'm encountering are admin console cheats. Essentially you log onto a Server with some sort of Admin Console plug-in that enables the User (Usually the server owner and his friends) to add little things which is hard to spot like; (Not exhuastive)

1. Slightly increased Horde Spawn. Ever noticed when a horde seems a little excessive during a boom? Or ever noticed a horde seemingly small in size when the opposing team is boomed?

2. Slightly faster Horde Spawn timer. Horde spawns slightly faster. It could be 5 secs sooner or more, depending on how much a risk being found out the cheater is willing to take.

3. Slightly increased and decreased SI Spawn timer.

4. Spawning supplies (this one is a little harder to spot)

5. No Charger/Boomer (Mostly Charger) ever play on a server where the Charger never ever spawns? Usually detected when you mention "hey there's no charger for the last 4 spawn cycles" The Charger will suddenly appear in the next cycle, the opposing team will suddenly drop back to Lobby and leave. (Also I've had the opportunity to join a game once and the idiots mentioned it over the mic)

6. Incredible aim. This one is quite hard to spot, since very good players and very good headphones can accomplish it...almost. Due to the cheat/hack or whatever it is, I think the user obtains an outline where the SI. However I think there is a limitation to it. Namely, it does not differentiate between spawned and unspawned SI. One of the ways I try to call out a cheater is to constantly move (harder to target and guess where I'm going to spawn) and do a 'spawn' move (you'll understand what I mean) to draw his fire.

7. Admin helping their friends out. This one is insidious. The Admin will spawn and move witches in your path to setup better ambush points. (I've actually seen this on a server which has seen gone down. Though the player is still around, and he cheats every chance he gets, though he does leave when he recognizes my handle)

I've been quite accurate with my guesses, cheaters are terrible players afterall.

How do I know if i'm accurate with my guess? (it's always still a guess, since you have no hard evidence) Be an ar.se on the server, outplay them even with the cheats, get them jarateed off. Soon enough they'll reveal. All cheaters want to reveal, they want to show off they are 'better' than you.

The reveal usually happens in a couple of forms.

1. Back to Lobby and the cheater leaves very quickly, together with his whole team without a word. These are the smart ones.

2. The dumb ones are hilarious and I've gotten this a couple of times;

- Dropping aeroplanes on top of my head. (in the middle of the cemetary bridge? Last level of Parish? lol)

- Spawning a continuous Horde (non event)

- Spawning a continuous stream of Tanks and Witches on top of you. You jarate him off even more, by out running and even gunning down or flaming the horde of Tanks.

It's wise to accompany all this mayhem with LoL and LuLz and watch the vulgarities fly.

Unfortunately none of this is Vac Bannable, it's a 3rd party server owned by someone else other than Valve. Unless Valve starts policing these 3rd party servers (they can't) or prevent the stats from uploading from these servers (i'm not sure if they even are) There is no way you are going to catch or ban these annoying little gremlins.

Last edited by Milkycookie: 06-12-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Milkycookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #30
FoQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedexReemexDK View Post
but there is no way to see/hear them when they havent even spawned yet
it is.
I currently have almost 1900 hours put in L4D2.
FoQs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion