Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Brothers in Arms series

Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
PrivateJoker

Thumbs down Why do the 82nd have Hearts on their helmet?

This is in relation to 'Earned in Blood'.

The men of the 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne in World War II had hearts painted on their helmet, so that they could be distinguished from the other regiments in the 101st. This is why the men in the game have hearts on their helmets, BUT the 82nd airborne division did not have any insignias painted on their helmets. Yet in this game they have the hearts, obviously Gearbox got slack and decided not to spend an extra day removing this from the helmets of the 82nd guys, which is rather annoying as it completely takes me out of the immersion, I like WWII games to be accurate and little details like this really peeve me off.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
DJ Iboga

the 82nd being a division, and the 502nd being a regiment, its possible that the regiment of the 82nd being portrayed (not sure which one that is, dont think the mention) uses the same identifying mark, after all, theres only so many playing card suits(4 isnt their?) which is generally how many regiments are in a division in the army, i think, the marine corps has 3 regiments per division
DJ Iboga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
PrivateJoker

First, this was clarified in the OP, second only the 101st had the playing card symbols on their helmets, third the only unit in the entire war with hearts on their helmets were the 502nd Regiment of the 101st Airborne.
PrivateJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
DJ Iboga

well, was just a theory, more likely they were just too lazy to skin different helmets
DJ Iboga is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Brothers in Arms series