Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Scout

Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDAkatsuki View Post
Idk it feels similar to Fastlane to me in a way, and a bit of Granary.
fastlane is a horrible map and granary is also incredibly chokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchbacker View Post
Foundry is no where near as chokey as most tf2 maps. Off all the maps that you think are filled with choke points you pick foundry. Foundry is really good for scout. The 2nd point is pretty much built for scout.
For the average TF2 map, Foundry is great.

For 5CP? No.
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #32
Ttocsick

I don't necessarily have a favourite class, I just play what I feel like. So for example, some days I like making explode, so I go demoman. Another day I'll enjoy being annoying, so I'll go scout and other days I'm just not in the other moods so I'll snipe.

Generally my 'favorite' classes would be Demo, Scout, and Sniper. Maybe Battle Medic some days.
Ttocsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #33
Cap'n Funshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFireBug View Post
I hate stock scout because it's underwhelming, I enjoy playing Soda Popper scout and Milkman scout because they make you terrifying. Scout is my 2nd most played class.
Let me laugh for a bit. Stock scout, underwhelming. Hah.

Soda Popper, heh, crutch.

Milkman, heh, OP.

Okay done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkjon View Post
Scout is my main. I run stock + Basher (to build uber). I play on a UGC HL team currently.
Pretty much this.
Cap'n Funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #34
KinGamer7

I've been playing KOTH exclusively for the past few weeks and have grown really fond of the Scout ever since I lowered my sensitivity and practiced my track aim. I've got an insane amount of headroom for improvement, by all means, but he's incredibly rewarding and enjoyable to play as once you adapt to the hit 'n' run mindset he requires.
KinGamer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #35
grimreeferx09

hmm, not a lot of love for mad milk in this thread...
grimreeferx09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #36
Mogh

I hate Scouts. I main Medic and I always get killed by them, and when I try to play Scout myself I usually miss all my shots and end up just running around the map trying to tag enemies with the Fan O'War. I wandered into this subforum because I'm bored at work.
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #37
Rg Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiloace View Post
Yesterday, I was on cp_foundry and I played scout for a couple of hours. Did pretty well I think. I hope my aiming is improving. Actually, I bumped my mouse acceleraton up to 1.39 (from 1.35) and noticed it was significantly easier to track targets with the scattergun then. My final K/D ratio was 64/31 I think. Yeah, I know I was probably playing with noobs, but I don't care. Scout is a tricky class. It isn't the same old, charge the enemy, spam shots, get kills, etc. You flank, you run, you dodge, you ambush. Great fun, and I'm not sorry I would sooner main a more complex class like him instead of demoman or soldier.

Now, since this thread has no point to it, I will make one. So where does scout lie in your heart? Is he one of your top 3 go-to classes? Do you absolutely hate him? Why? WHat loadout do you use when you play Scout?
Soldier and demo basic? Lulz what scout just relies on DM the positioning aspect is next to zero thanks to Bonk. and hitscan DM isn't exactly impossible, it just takes time.

Scout is basically the best 1v1 class so as long as you play decent maps you can basically just over power everyone in a one v one.

P.S. demo is probably harder then scout( if you can actually compare one class against another?)
Rg Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
vivhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg Toad View Post
P.S. demo is probably harder then scout( if you can actually compare one class against another?)
It is really hard to say, the skills they learn are both very different. Demoman/Soldier is based around learning aim, timing, jumps and etc. Scout is more about game sense, knowing when and when not to take a risk and being able to pull off what you're going for, knowing how to take the pick, etc etc. They're two very different classes and hard to compare, and while Demoman and Soldier are easier to pick up, they have tons of room to improve and there is a HUGE gap between a good Soldier or Demoman and a bad one. Comparing Scout to Soldier and Demoman is tricky, Scout is more comparable to Spy or Sniper than anything where they require a similar set of skills.
vivhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
Shining Wolf

Scout my primary combat class, with Soldier it far behind it, but I have the most hours in Medic.
Shining Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #40
SilkThread

scoot iz ez class
SilkThread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #41
Parralelex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFireBug View Post
I hate stock scout because it's underwhelming
Like hell it is

When I'm at my A game as a stock scout, I feel terrifying. There's only one scout I've seen that's really good that didn't use stock, he used the soda popper. Any other really good scout I've ever seen runs stock scattergun, and they are scary as all hell.

Last edited by Parralelex: 06-07-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Parralelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #42
Rg Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivhero View Post
It is really hard to say, the skills they learn are both very different. Demoman/Soldier is based around learning aim, timing, jumps and etc. Scout is more about game sense, knowing when and when not to take a risk and being able to pull off what you're going for, knowing how to take the pick, etc etc. They're two very different classes and hard to compare, and while Demoman and Soldier are easier to pick up, they have tons of room to improve and there is a HUGE gap between a good Soldier or Demoman and a bad one. Comparing Scout to Soldier and Demoman is tricky, Scout is more comparable to Spy or Sniper than anything where they require a similar set of skills.
What? Unh what? Scout and game sense? What?

Scout is all mechanics movement and aim are key, positioning means very little.

What you Over extended? Who gives a the only thing that can chase you is other scouts. You also have the heads up in every un expected 1v1 encounter(assuming you can aim well.) Picks are pretty obvious and honestly your not the only decision maker you can ask your teammates whether you should back off or go in.

And while I understand you arguably can't compare the two I've been at pretty much the same comp level of HL and 6's as both classes, over extending or minor mistakes will get you a new butt hole torn by almost every class, same can't be said for scout .
Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #43
TheGameMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg Toad View Post
What? Unh what? Scout and game sense? What?

Scout is all mechanics movement and aim are key, positioning means very little.

What you Over extended? Who gives a the only thing that can chase you is other scouts. You also have the heads up in every un expected 1v1 encounter(assuming you can aim well.) Picks are pretty obvious and honestly your not the only decision maker you can ask your teammates whether you should back off or go in.

And while I understand you arguably can't compare the two I've been at pretty much the same comp level of HL and 6's as both classes, over extending or minor mistakes will get you a new butt hole torn by almost every class, same can't be said for scout .
You are either playing bad teams, or you are a godly Scout.

Regardless of his 1v1 potential, a single Scout over extending versus any where from 4-6 overhealed classes that may include Soldiers, Demos, Heavies, and other Scouts will get completely destroyed.

Can I ask what league/team you are on in 6s/HL?
TheGameMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkThread View Post
scoot iz ez class
silkthread is a ing hacker
4812622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #45
Rg Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameMage View Post
You are either playing bad teams, or you are a godly Scout.

Regardless of his 1v1 potential, a single Scout over extending versus any where from 4-6 overhealed classes that may include Soldiers, Demos, Heavies, and other Scouts will get completely destroyed.

Can I ask what league/team you are on in 6s/HL?
over extension is such as you move in to quickly and then you end up facing a roamer or going into a scout, not jumping into a combo and demo and medic.

And no i'm a decent scout, i was a lot better but i up'd my sens and played medic then soldier/demo. Scout's DM is different if you aren't being pressured by others you can gun down soldiers from a range where you shoot 50-60's it isn't hard. and you don't need an absurdly good aim, you just need to know your role.

and why would i need to be a godly scout? i never said i could run in and kill 9 straight people and not get shot, i said i can clean up people that are out gunned and manuvered and have honestly little chance unless their team comes to their rescue.

I've palyed in ESEA open, UGC 6's platinum UGC HL platinum, and UGC HL steel.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Scout