Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Headcrab_Zer0

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - is SolidShield gone?

Has SolidShield been removed from Crysis 2 Maximum Edition?

Someone who's bought it can check with ProtectionID and paste the results.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
dat_dupe

no idea, but my crysis 2 vanilla still has solid shield and activation limits. i believe its set at 5 times max.

Last edited by dat_dupe: 05-30-2012 at 02:25 AM.
dat_dupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Selfdestructive

oh boy i almost forgot this.

If this is still on the game im not buying. hell ill even wait till C3 comes out to see if they release it on Steam or not.
Selfdestructive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Bonq

Quote:
it has no third party DRM stuffed into it, unlike the original version which had a SecuROM 5 activation machine limit
source: http://www.legitreviews.com/news/13256/

I hope that is correct. Could someone confirm? If the DRM is still there, it is simply no sale.
Bonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
sergio_mikkos

And there is DX11 included in the Max Ed. or we have to download on external servers again?
sergio_mikkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
flibitijibibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonq View Post
source: http://www.legitreviews.com/news/13256/

I hope that is correct. Could someone confirm? If the DRM is still there, it is simply no sale.
Is that even a real news site? It almost looks like a satire page. Not to mention, Crysis 2 used SolidShield rather than SecuROM. I doubt that this author's research is very good.

If you guys figure out the SolidShield deal, let us know over here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1537801
flibitijibibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Bonq

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibitijibibo View Post
Is that even a real news site? It almost looks like a satire page. Not to mention, Crysis 2 used SolidShield rather than SecuROM. I doubt that this author's research is very good.
I don't know if it is real or not, just found it when googling info about this drm issue. And yes, I know C2 used Solidshield (C1 used Securom I think), that's why I never bought it. Anyways, isn't steam store page supposed to say if the game includes 3rd party drm? The page says nothing about this... Can it be trusted?
Bonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Pixelationist

I too would like to know. Need every reason I can to justify this ty, ty purchase.
Pixelationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
blips

Any solid confirmations yet?
blips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Pixelationist

Well, since the crytek rep isn't touching this one with a barge pole I think we have our answer.
Pixelationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Freyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelationist View Post
Well, since the crytek rep isn't touching this one with a barge pole I think we have our answer.
They don't post on here that often.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
Magnumsworld

I just purchased "Crysis 2 Maximum Edition" on Steam. I am presented with this:

LIMITED LICENCE AGREEMENT

3. Technical Protection Measures. This Software uses Solidshield digital rights management technology. This Solidshield technology does not require a separate installation. For more information about Solidshield, visit www.solidshield.com. An Internet connection is required to authenticate the Software and verify your license ("Online Authentication") using the serial code enclosed with the Software. CRYTEK reserves the right to validate your license through subsequent Online Authentications. If CRYTEK determines your license is not valid, you may not be able to use the Software. CRYTEK does not recommend that you attempt to disable Solidshield. If you disable or otherwise tamper with the technical protection measures, the Software may not function properly and you will have materially breached this License. Each computer must be authorized before you can play the game. Authorization automatically occurs after authentication and license validation by CRYTEK (i.e., Online Authentication), described above. The first end user of this License may authorize up to five machines on which s/he may play the offline features of this game at any one time. Access to online features and/or services is addressed in Section 1.C, below. When you install the Software on a machine, the machine is automatically authorized (provided you have authorizations available). When you uninstall the Software from a machine, that machine is automatically de-authorized. You may manage your authorizations yourself by following the de-authorization instructions found at http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize. An Internet connection is required for de-authorization. Upon uninstallation of the Software and successful machine deauthorization, the Solidshield technology associated with this Software will be removed from your machine.
-----------------------

I suspect that may be a leftover clause from previous versions and that the game does not actually contain that DRM... however I can't be sure.

I've still got the License Agreement open and I'm contemplating rejecting the agreement and asking for a refund... Still hoping someone provides a definitive answer... SOON.
Magnumsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Goteki-45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumsworld View Post
I just purchased "Crysis 2 Maximum Edition" on Steam. I am presented with this:

<Snip>

I suspect that may be a leftover clause from previous versions and that the game does not actually contain that DRM... however I can't be sure.

I've still got the License Agreement open and I'm contemplating rejecting the agreement and asking for a refund... Still hoping someone provides a definitive answer... SOON.
Hey, since you purchased the game, can you scan as asked in the first post? That would clear up any SolidShield speculation immediately. Other games suffer from boilerplate EULAs involving DRM even when they don't contain DRM the EULA specifies.
Goteki-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
Amy

There's no sign of any DRM in the file except the Steam key activation for online mode.

It's clean.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
Headcrab_Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
There's no sign of any DRM in the file except the Steam key activation for online mode.

It's clean.
Not to doubt you or anything but I'll wait for a ProtectionID scan result before making any further moves.
Headcrab_Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series