Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Ys Series

Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Matt0rz

Ys Origin Bug / Suggestions thread

I thought it might be a good idea to get something like this up. There currently isn't a forum set aside for Ys Origin so I'm guessing this particular board will be the base for future XSEED releases for now.

In any case I'll start off with something minor:

In the config, the option for full screen is somewhat misleading. It is defaulted as checked. I wanted to play it in windowed so I thought disabling the full screen option would allow that. It turns out that turning the option off makes the game full screen.
Currently, if you want to play the game windowed just leave the option checked.

Edit: This is incorrect. Please read the post below. (I don't know how to do strikethroughs on here)

That aside, I'm starting the game now and I'm looking forward to plaything through it!
I also love how all the difficulties are available from the get-go! I'm going to enjoy struggling through Nightmare mode lol.

Last edited by Matt0rz: 05-31-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0rz View Post
In the config, the option for full screen is somewhat misleading. It is defaulted as checked. I wanted to play it in windowed so I thought disabling the full screen option would allow that. It turns out that turning the option off makes the game full screen.
Currently, if you want to play the game windowed just leave the option checked.
Actually, the option is labelled right. There's just a bug with the "Play" button in the config not saving your settings correctly. Better to hit "OK" right now and then start the game separately.

Another standing bug though: The achievement related to the last boss isn't functioning properly. The other boss achievements are working just fine, so I'm kinda glad it's that one and not one of the others.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Matt0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSara View Post
Actually, the option is labelled right. There's just a bug with the "Play" button in the config not saving your settings correctly. Better to hit "OK" right now and then start the game separately.
You're probably right.
After testing it out a few times it does seem to have an issue with saving settings. I was getting the error message from Steam saying it wasn't saving to steamcloud or something (didn't think to screenshot it sadly and now I can't even get it to reappear).

Last edited by Matt0rz: 05-31-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: It doesn't affect saves
Matt0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Essedieffe

This was in Felghana too:

The vibration doesn't work with X360 controllers unless you use this little program which you can find here http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...4#post29886624

Last edited by Essedieffe: 05-31-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Essedieffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Karanum

The game decided to crash upon getting the Blue Moon Crest and speaking with the Roo. An MDMP file was created in the game folder, and if I recall correctly it had to be sent to XSEED. Where exactly should I send it to?
Karanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Wyrdwad

XSEED
Essed: I'm not sure there's anything we can do about that, since the game wasn't specifically designed to support Xbox 360 controllers. We can try... but I don't think there's much we can do without Microsoft's direct support, unfortunately.

Karanum: Sorry to hear the game crashed on you! Crash dump files can be attached to an email sent to support@xseedgames.com, and we'll pass them along to have them inspected. It's possible this was just a fluke, too -- try playing it again, and see if the problem recurs. (But still send us the MDMP file, if you would, so we can try to make sure it doesn't happen to you a second time!)

-Tom
Wyrdwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Stexred

hurray for the sexy female French - Japanese voice in the into movie
that alone made this game worth buying :-P
Stexred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
CaptFalkon

Speaking of the intro movie, for some reason I can't watch it (the narration), or the OP (with the song). I tried reinstalling, enabling/disabling the skip all cutscenes option, using every resolution possible, fullscreen or windowed, nothing. Will not show. Just shows the mouse cursor "spinning" (I assume that's loading?) and plays like 1 second of each before skipping into the character specific intros.

It plays the cutscene for entering the tower alright, though, so I don't get what the issue is. I'd love to get whatever the bug is fixed so I could enjoy the intros, but I'm enjoying the game at the moment regardless.
CaptFalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFalkon View Post
Speaking of the intro movie, for some reason I can't watch it (the narration), or the OP (with the song). I tried reinstalling, enabling/disabling the skip all cutscenes option, using every resolution possible, fullscreen or windowed, nothing. Will not show. Just shows the mouse cursor "spinning" (I assume that's loading?) and plays like 1 second of each before skipping into the character specific intros.

It plays the cutscene for entering the tower alright, though, so I don't get what the issue is. I'd love to get whatever the bug is fixed so I could enjoy the intros, but I'm enjoying the game at the moment regardless.
Sounds kinda like a codec issue to me... do you have any codec packs installed?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
PixyJunket

Is there an ETA for the final boss achievement fix?

If it's coming soon I might try to hold off to get things in order. /OCD
PixyJunket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyJunket View Post
Is there an ETA for the final boss achievement fix?

If it's coming soon I might try to hold off to get things in order. /OCD
It's already in the pipeline for whenever we get a patch out, but I don't know yet when the patch will be. You probably shouldn't hold off, just keep your last boss saves for each character handy.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
PixyJunket

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSara View Post
It's already in the pipeline for whenever we get a patch out, but I don't know yet when the patch will be. You probably shouldn't hold off, just keep your last boss saves for each character handy.
Will do, captain.
PixyJunket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
FailTuna

I'm at the part where Epona asks if you want a hint in the Devil room (I think that's what it's called) and when I am given the option to choose something, I get an empty text box/choice selection with an annoying noise.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Success...843?tab=public

Any help please?
FailTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
Just dropping in here to say I'm fast-tracking a fix for the Epona issue as well as the achievement. Until then, you can go out of your way to avoid Epona appearing to get around the freeze, but we're hoping the patch will be out ASAP.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
FailTuna

Wow that was a fast response, thanks. I guess I'll load a previous file and get there again.
FailTuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Ys Series