Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
wuweird

It's exceptionally frustrating when a developer who has promised you a game then spends time delivering several other games before finally getting back to coming through on what was paid for.

Quote:
it looks like you don't even check upon news on the game you bought
You mean the Steam store page that says "Dejobaan will continue to polish the game -- with your feedback -- 'till it’s as smooth and silky as an ugly baby's bottom for launch in 2011"? Or are we just supposed to magically know to go to the developers site and hunt around for information on why its delayed?

Why can't Dejobaan update the Steam store page?

Quote:
all you bastards do is complain
It's absolutely dumbfounding how other consumers are actually apologists for this behaviour, as if we should be grateful that we spent money for the privilege of funding them.
wuweird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
Scorpio27

I bought day 1 and don't regret because I know the support will be awsome
that and its fun even at this stage
Scorpio27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #18
dejobaan

Dejobaan Games, LLC
Hi guys,

I totally understand this sentiment:

> It's exceptionally frustrating when a developer who has promised you a game then spends time delivering several other games before finally getting back to coming through on what was paid for.

So, let me address that: I have to apologize both for taking significantly longer than I'd expected, and for the lack of updates. I've been working on the game throughout development, and should have been sharing everything we've created throughout, because there's been some neat stuff:

http://www.dejobaan.com/three-years-...y-screenshots/

A lot of that was axed, because I didn't it was much fun -- I didn't want to share something that folks would hate. In retrospect, I think you guys would have liked playing with the builds -- and I actually think that you'd have been able to help me determine what portions were enjoyable. Lesson learned.

With Defective Studios, we've created a proof-of-concept to show that the game can run in Unity. My next step is to get this to the point where you can play it on Steam. During that time, our own John Polson is going to keep you guys updated on what we're working on, on a weekly basis here: http://www.dejobaan.com/category/uglybaby/

I appreciate your keeping tabs on the game -- we're going to keep at it until it's done.
dejobaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > 1... 2... 3... KICK IT!