Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
ceab17

idea?

I just started playing this game again and I love it. it seems like this forum is a little uninspired when there could still be potential. i have a few ideas that i wanted to share. in addition, i don't know about the current state of future updates, but personally i'd buy the out of anything valve threw on xbox live. i have no idea why they seem to be neglecting the market and letting it fester. but i digress.

i like versus but i don't like how it is paced. i think its kind of a grind having to switch teams and replay the same area again. so i got a bunch of ideas and i'll just throw them out there.

1)a mutation where the survivors have less health and the infected are significantly more powerful. so people are dying more often. survivor respawns are ramped up. this would cut down on the annoying respawn times for special infected.

2)maybe when a survivor dies his/her killer gets to respawn as the survivor. and the departed then plays as infected.

3)or, when you kill a survivor, you gain some ability (maybe the ability to respawn as the infected of your choice), or you regenerate health, or something.

4)regarding #2: it wouldn't be versus since the teams would be changing. this got me thinking about a ffa mode? basically you'd play as usual and switch sides when you kill a survivor like i said. damage dealt as an infected counts toward your individual score. so you retain those points when you switch to playing as a survivor. then as a survivor you add to your score with kills and damaging the infected, plus bonuses, and in addition to your individual completion score (distance traversed while playing as a survivor). i think this would really add to the "left for dead" aspect; selfishness, greed, and a little bit of luck. of course you could lose points for friendly fire, or... you don't. so people are literally willing to kill each other for health packs. could be interesting.

5)instead of waiting to spawn as special infected, you could play as a common infected. sure youd die in a heartbeat but you could just instantly respawn as the nearest one. heck itd be better than waiting 20 seconds doing nothing.

and for the sake of creativity, 6): l4d ffa, with upwards of 16 players in one game. real time "infection," cumulative points, rewards & leveling up. actually just a ing zombie mmo. i don't know of any good games of the type, nor do i play on pc/mod. game is gta-esque set in a city and you could play as human or infected. dunno if this is even relevant; maybe i'm just dreaming about l4d3 but why not.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
uait

Man, valve stopped developing this game 2 years ago...
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
ceab17

why?

even if everything i said is farfetched i stand by the first thing i said. i played the out of this game in 2011 and just started up again. theres always a game, in each and every mode. people still play it. why would they stop taking our money.
ceab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Jewbacca478

I recently started playing L4D2 again after they announced the "upcoming" DLC.

They only thing I wish Valve would do is this: instead of rotating the mutations out every two (sometimes three) weeks, replace the mutations with a different community map. The mutations are all played out IMO.

I like the idea of shorter spawn times when playing as SI, but rather than lowering the health of the survivors, limit the spawn of T2 weapons and scatter them throughout the maps and not in the starting safe room.
Jewbacca478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
metaltragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceab17 View Post
why?

even if everything i said is farfetched i stand by the first thing i said. i played the out of this game in 2011 and just started up again. theres always a game, in each and every mode. people still play it. why would they stop taking our money.
i don't even think it's really about them wanting our money. hell if it was up to them they wouldn't charge for the dlc to begin with. they've just seemed to have moved on from the game. i still play it. almost every day. but a few hardcore players aren't going to make them set up shop again and start treating this game like it was just released. i'm kinda starting to get over the fact that we hardly get any support for the title anymore, but it does still suck knowing that we could get more. guess i have to make the jump to pc if i want to play this game to it's full potential. i just still have a shred of hope that we'll get cold stream before all is said and done.
metaltragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
ceab17

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaltragedy View Post
i don't even think it's really about them wanting our money. hell if it was up to them they wouldn't charge for the dlc to begin with. they've just seemed to have moved on from the game. i still play it. almost every day. but a few hardcore players aren't going to make them set up shop again and start treating this game like it was just released. i'm kinda starting to get over the fact that we hardly get any support for the title anymore, but it does still suck knowing that we could get more. guess i have to make the jump to pc if i want to play this game to it's full potential. i just still have a shred of hope that we'll get cold stream before all is said and done.
i think its more than just a few hardcore fans
Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
uait

Valve enjoys making fool of their customers... there is no reason.. is just a fact of enjoiment.
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
ceab17

i dont get it. there is a virtual marketplace out their with thousands of stupid kids on their mothers' credit cards who will buy anything that is put on the market. this forum might be dead but i know for a fact l4d2 is not. i just played nonstop for like 3 hours. its almost like valve wants it to become a wasteland like tf2. and the smart developers like infinity ward will keep releasing stupid that just gets eaten up. on the latest major nelson report, there are 3 call of duty games in the top 10 (although i do take those with a grain of salt since he works for xbox). but theres got to be a reason for that. i'm gonna take a gander that its because the producers are willing to dish out more when the customers ask for it (map packs etc).
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Xyst

GT: JUGGALO BROBIN

Damn. I'm getting REALLY low on good players on L4D2. I really have noticed lately how low the quality of any team I see is lately.
Xyst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2