Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 06-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #16
n0thing

You have a link for the map?
n0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
kimlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblade5858 View Post
I beg to differ, I did pretty well playing counter-strike back in 2000 when I was 8 years old. But anyways that's besides the point, I don't have to convince anything on you because your an ignorant 1.6 Hammer Legion Member who can't have anything but 1.6. And you know what? They're never going to change GO to make it more like 1.6, and you have to deal with the knowledge in your head that it exists That's right it will be there, and people like me will play it, we will play it and enjoy it and there's nothing you can ever do about it no matter how hard you rage, complain, , or how many times you make sarcastic remarks to replies to people responding to your thick-headed stupidity it will never change, it will never go back, and you know what? Most of us like it.
Legend mate and +rep. Sick of 1.6 players ing about any aspect of the game that is not identical to 1.6
kimlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Sam43

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblade5858 View Post
I beg to differ, I did pretty well playing counter-strike back in 2000 when I was 8 years old. But anyways that's besides the point, I don't have to convince anything on you because your an ignorant 1.6 Hammer Legion Member who can't have anything but 1.6. And you know what? They're never going to change GO to make it more like 1.6, and you have to deal with the knowledge in your head that it exists That's right it will be there, and people like me will play it, we will play it and enjoy it and there's nothing you can ever do about it no matter how hard you rage, complain, , or how many times you make sarcastic remarks to replies to people responding to your thick-headed stupidity it will never change, it will never go back, and you know what? Most of us like it.
There are some 1.6 players out there that wont take anything different.

To me, and A LOT of other players, we'll take something different, only if its BETTER.

Now take a look at the model sizes, tracers, tactile feedback, map layouts, movement (-russian walking), skill ceiling, bullet tagging, AWP delay... You name it. Explain why ANY of these elements are done better in GO than 1.6 and i will give you a 3 internet cookies.

A lot of us legitimately look at EVERY element in the game and just see everything being done worse than it was in 1999, which is a shame because we want the game to be BETTER than 1.6.

I dont want a 1.6 clone, i want a game that surpasses 1.6. Right now the game is far too easy, boring, imbalanced, ect.

a 1.6 clone would bore me too. Im tired of this "only 4 viable weapon." bs. I want to see more colorful gameplay through different weapons played with. I want a new game, with new maps, yet keeping the classic maps.

I dont want a 1.6 clone, but its REALLY damn disappointing to us every time we take ANY individual element about the game and compare it to 1.6 and it turns out that it's done better in 1.6.

Its disappointing when valve says the game will be a "midground" on 1.6 and source, yet you look at mechanics like wall banging, and you see its about 95% source 5% 1.6.

You look at the maps and they're ALL based on source maps, the same ones we felt were imbalanced compared to 1.6 maps.

You look at the huge model sizes and realize that no matter what the skill ceiling wont be raised in this game because shooting at people is like shooting at the broad side of a barn.

You look at the feel of the game and realize you'll never get that great analog feel of 1.6 again. Like you were control of every aspect of movement and could learn to control shooting as well.

You look at flashbangs and realize they're even more ungodly powerful than Source.

EDIT: now all of these things really lead me to believe its the source players afraid of change and not us. Ive seen so many times a 1.6 mechanic explained in great detail and why its better and the source players here just reject it in a 2 sentence long post that doesnt explain WHY its better in GO/source. The source players have their source 2.0. It's the same game. They reject our ideas because they dont want to relearn something. They reject redoing the model sizes because they do not wish to become better at the game. They reject 1.6 like dust2 because they are simply used to the inferior imbalanced version. They reject freedom of movement because it's something else they'd have to learn to compete. They reject everything a 1.6 player says with no explaination other than "ur afrade of change." Which is REALLY really annoying. They dont talk objectively about WHY it isnt done better in 1.6, because they know the 1.6 players will mop the floor with them on WHY its done better in 1.6. I've done this SEVERAL times. What happens? the source player 1 stars your thread, never replies again (because well, i mopped the floor with him.) and just goes into other threads with other source players screaming "deez 1.6 playors afrade of change." again with no explaination at all, when in Reality. THEY are the ones who dont want to try anything new.

The game is simply bad and 2 months isn't nearly enough time to fix this source run and gun abomination.

Kid you have to wake up. 1.6 has ALWAYS been bigger than source. We are the majority. If the game isn't made to appeal to the majority... then it will simply split the CS community further. Tell me. What's MORE like 1.6 in this game than it is source past the "uber upped recoil skill ceiling zomg!" and slightly better movement. Name one thing that favors 1.6 gameplay over source. The way i understood it, the developers were supposed to make the game fun for those who prefered 1.6 AS WELL as source, but that simply isn't the case. The majority of the community in 2004, (260k players, not todays 70k) rejected CS Source back in 2004 for a REASON.

IT SUCKED.

I remember not finding ONE person who liked source at all back then. The game was a total flop and GO is 95% the same as that flop.

Now i dont want GO to fail. I want it to be the best game possible, but that simply wont happen. Heres what the launch might look like

First few months: WOW! the game is doing really well! 100,000 users all the time
Little bit later the casual people and new players to cs will get bored and quit.
1.6 players will quit
and it will end up having a slightly bigger player base than source after a year, because... lets face it. That's all this game is.

Last edited by Sam43: 06-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Sam43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
broadwey_again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam43 View Post

To me, and A LOT of other players, we'll take something different, only if its BETTER.

Now take a look at the model sizes, tracers, tactile feedback, map layouts, movement (-russian walking), skill ceiling, bullet tagging, AWP delay... You name it. Explain why ANY of these elements are done better in GO than 1.6 and i will give you a 3 internet cookies.

A lot of us legitimately look at EVERY element in the game and just see everything being done worse than it was in 1999, which is a shame because we want the game to be BETTER than 1.6.

I dont want a 1.6 clone, i want a game that surpasses 1.6. Right now the game is far too easy, boring, imbalanced, ect.

a 1.6 clone would bore me too. Im tired of this "only 4 viable weapon." bs. I want to see more colorful gameplay through different weapons played with. I want a new game, with new maps, yet keeping the classic maps.

I dont want a 1.6 clone, but its REALLY damn disappointing to us every time we take ANY individual element about the game and compare it to 1.6 and it turns out that it's done better in 1.6.

Its disappointing when valve says the game will be a "midground" on 1.6 and source, yet you look at mechanics like wall banging, and you see its about 95% source 5% 1.6.

You look at the maps and they're ALL based on source maps, the same ones we felt were imbalanced compared to 1.6 maps.

You look at the huge model sizes and realize that no matter what the skill ceiling wont be raised in this game because shooting at people is like shooting at the broad side of a barn.

You look at the feel of the game and realize you'll never get that great analog feel of 1.6 again. Like you were control of every aspect of movement and could learn to control shooting as well.

You look at flashbangs and realize they're even more ungodly powerful than Source.

The game is simply bad and 2 months isn't nearly enough time to fix this source run and gun abomination.

Kid you have to wake up. 1.6 has ALWAYS been bigger than source. We are the majority. If the game isn't made to appeal to the majority... then it will simply split the CS community further. Tell me. What's MORE like 1.6 in this game than it is source past the "uber upped recoil skill ceiling zomg!" and slightly better movement. Name one thing that favors 1.6 gameplay over source. The way i understood it, the developers were supposed to make the game fun for those who prefered 1.6 AS WELL as source, but that simply isn't the case. The majority of the community in 2004, (260k players, not todays 70k) rejected CS Source back in 2004 for a REASON.

IT SUCKED.

I remember not finding ONE person who liked source at all back then. The game was a total flop and GO is 95% the same as that flop.
I agree with most of this even though I was a Source player before GO.
I now love 1.6 as I've come to learn more about it and care about more than Graphics.

1.6 is amazing in every way and I'd like GO to be very similar to it gameplay wise, unless there's something better.
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
Peyman

I want 1.6 guns and recoil back so bad. I missed 1.6 m4 so much
Peyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
ca1

what are "1.6ers" meant to be smiling about? a map from csgo on cspromod?????????
ca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
Sam43

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwey_again View Post
I agree with most of this even though I was a Source player before GO.
I now love 1.6 as I've come to learn more about it and care about more than Graphics.

1.6 is amazing in every way and I'd like GO to be very similar to it gameplay wise, unless there's something better.
Yeah, my point is i want the game to be BETTER than 1.6.
its been 12 years. give us something BETTER.
No crouch hop to peek corners? fine. give us SOMETHING to help us peek with.

also, case in point on my edit up there.
No replies because they cant say anything at all.
Sam43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
B-Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1 View Post
what are "1.6ers" meant to be smiling about? a map from csgo on cspromod?????????
That there is still hope .. because right now GO is nothing more then a carbon copy of source with a few minor changes ...

And sam43 great post... I myself am not asking for a 1.6 clone I just recognize that anything even remotely suggested here as being a great gameplay mechanic from the best counterstrike there ever was is always swept over by valve with no consideration whatsoever ... your right with your analogy;

95 % source
5 % CS 1.6

And this coming from valve who said there supposedly trying to make a game that unites both source and 1.6 community, this is a p|ss poor effort.
B-Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #24
aWh

1.6er not smiling promod is fun and all but it won't be able to compete with in-game matchmaking if you wanna make a 1.6er smile fix banana in inferno on cs:go and make a way to go into lower in nuke from outside
aWh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
Sculament

Banned
Quote:

EDIT: now all of these things really lead me to believe its the source players afraid of change and not us. Ive seen so many times a 1.6 mechanic explained in great detail and why its better and the source players here just reject it in a 2 sentence long post that doesnt explain WHY its better in GO/source. The source players have their source 2.0. It's the same game. They reject our ideas because they dont want to relearn something. They reject redoing the model sizes because they do not wish to become better at the game. They reject 1.6 like dust2 because they are simply used to the inferior imbalanced version. They reject freedom of movement because it's something else they'd have to learn to compete. They reject everything a 1.6 player says with no explaination other than "ur afrade of change." Which is REALLY really annoying. They dont talk objectively about WHY it isnt done better in 1.6, because they know the 1.6 players will mop the floor with them on WHY its done better in 1.6. I've done this SEVERAL times. What happens? the source player 1 stars your thread, never replies again (because well, i mopped the floor with him.) and just goes into other threads with other source players screaming "deez 1.6 playors afrade of change." again with no explaination at all, when in Reality. THEY are the ones who dont want to try anything new.

IT SUCKED.

Now i dont want GO to fail. I want it to be the best game possible, but that simply wont happen. Heres what the launch might look like

First few months: WOW! the game is doing really well! 100,000 users all the time
Little bit later the casual people and new players to cs will get bored and quit.
1.6 players will quit
and it will end up having a slightly bigger player base than source after a year, because... lets face it. That's all this game is.
LOL. You wasted 30 minutes of your life to explain something to ignorant peasants. Chill out mate , GO won't kill 1.6 . I'll give it a year tops , before 1.6 rules again. Unless they pull one of the biggest upsets ever and actually make a good CS , but lets face it , what are the odds ?
Sculament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
Warboss Choppa

I love what you have done so far. The maps just need a bit more cleaning up in those shots.
Warboss Choppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #27
MutantMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mack View Post
I mean how easy it is to kill people , when your aiming and shooting it literately feels so Iron sight they may of well just gone the full nine yards and implemented it fully with full line of sight weapon placement.
It sounds like you have simply been watching videos of other people, good people, play the game and are making judgements based on that.

When you actually play the game you will see that it really isn't any easier to hit a target than it was in at least Source.
MutantMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
Guyver.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mack View Post
That there is still hope .. because right now GO is nothing more then a carbon copy of source with a few minor changes ...

And sam43 great post... I myself am not asking for a 1.6 clone I just recognize that anything even remotely suggested here as being a great gameplay mechanic from the best counterstrike there ever was is always swept over by valve with no consideration whatsoever ... your right with your analogy;

95 % source
5 % CS 1.6

And this coming from valve who said there supposedly trying to make a game that unites both source and 1.6 community, this is a p|ss poor effort.
lol...ProMod itself isn't even like 1.6
Guyver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #29
n0thing

If you played the 1.09 DM beta of CSP then you wouldn't be saying that
n0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #30
Warboss Choppa

Quote:

IT SUCKED.

1.6 players will quit
Amazing post. I loved that first paragraph under the EDIT line. I would say I am more of a Source player over 1.6, but I don't think the game should be more so than the other because I played X over Y more.

After 10+ years 1.6 is still played more than Source, wonder why.

After all this time in the forums the same threads about fog, PP, tracers, models, wallbanging, movement, sound (I hope its the best in any of the games after this update) keep coming up by 1.6 players more so than Source. And even some Source players agree some 1.6 mechanics should be adapted over present ones?

After GO gets released, 3 months later, which CS title will be number 1?

VALVe says they wanted a middleground as you mentioned. I remember them saying this and on multiple occasions. And I know it's 2 months until shipping and they don't have time to make the "proper" product. But we all know VALVe will countiue to change the game. Probably even keep a post release beta where they will try out other things.
Warboss Choppa is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive