Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
wazzoman2

For people who own multiple accounts

One of the many things that bugs me is when you own like fie accounts, and each one has different games on said account. So if you want to play a game thats on a different account, you have to logoff of your current one, then logon to the new one. I dont know about anyone elece, but my computer is really slow, so it can take up to ten minutes to switch accounts.

So, what I'm proposing is that valve makes it so that switching acounts is not necessary. Alow me to explain. Rather than switching accounts to play that same game, you could just pull it open in a different account. If you can proove that these two accounts are owned by the same person, then you could play it without switching accounts.

Now I know what you are probably thinking right now. You're probably thinking that this is something valve would never do beceause what someone could do is connect their account to someone elces, and give them the game for free. Well, to get around that, what valve could do is make it so that only the account that originally owned that game could install it, there by limiting any illegal transference of the game through out the internet. I'm sure there are more ways to avoid this illegal stuff, but I'm not sure what they are.

Please leave comments on this. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
ChrisW

They should not do this as it would make cheater's lives easier. Most people with multiple accounts are people that cheat, get VAC banned, then purchase the game again on a new account so they can continue to cheat. Everyone else just purchases all their games on one account.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
psihomir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
They should not do this as it would make cheater's lives easier. Most people with multiple accounts are people that cheat, get VAC banned, then purchase the game again on a new account so they can continue to cheat. Everyone else just purchases all their games on one account.
I use multiple accounts for farming TF2 items.

This feature would not make cheating itself any easier so I'm not against it, it'd be a handy thing to have.
psihomir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Mr. Slippyfist

If the two accounts had to be verified to the same email it would help quite a bit too, on top of your anti-piracy suggestion.

But I just don't see a need for this. Why are you buying games on different accounts? What is this getting you?
Mr. Slippyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Sagenth

message wlbeattie he developed a program called game nanny, I am pretty sure it manages multiple accounts as one of its features.

His forum profile is
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...r.php?u=245761

This is the page for the application, though I have not tested it myself. So for safety reasons use this at your own discretion, I can not claim it is safe as I have never used it.
http://www.gamenanny.org/
Sagenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
ChrisW

Quote:
Originally Posted by psihomir2 View Post

This feature would not make cheating itself any easier so I'm not against it, it'd be a handy thing to have.
With all due respect, we also don't want to help people farm either. Both are people taking advantage of the system. The only people that this would help are cheaters as they are the only people that would need to have their game split between accounts. This would do farmers no good as you can't have multiple copies of the same game on one account.

Last edited by ChrisW: 06-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
stevethepocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by psihomir2 View Post

Farming TF2 items with dummy accounts is what I would call cheating, so you just disproved your own claim.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
psihomir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
With all due respect, we also don't want to help people farm either. Both are people taking advantage of the system. The only people that this would help are cheaters as they are the only people that would need to have their game split between accounts. This would do farmers no good as you can't have multiple copies of the same game on one account.
"We" in this case being "you" and not some majority of users, right? Nobody in their right mind has anything against TF2 farming - because, unlike cheating, it does not affect anyone's gameplay experience negatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethepocket View Post
Farming TF2 items with dummy accounts is what I would call cheating, so you just disproved your own claim.
Just because you would call it cheating does not make it such - it's Valve's word that determines that and not yours. So no, I did not disprove anything.

Last edited by psihomir2: 06-12-2012 at 11:38 PM.
psihomir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
Anarchisteve

I agree with ChrisW, farming in TF2 is not an activity that should be helped. I would much rather Valve spend their time working on features that benefit the community, not just people who idle their games to get free stuff.
Anarchisteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas