Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
inF.sUiCiDeR

E3

Hello everyone,

So I was at the E3 convention. I kind of think it's sad that for the #1 online game of all time, all CS:GO had was a small booth of 5 XBOX's at the Microsoft and PlayStation booths. VALVE did not even have their own booth to promote this game. The ONLY thing VALVE did was have a meeting room that was only open to the media. It feels like they are not putting any emphasis on this game especially at the Super Bowl of all gaming events.

Here is a pic of what the booth looked like.

http://www.noobpower.com/misc/csgo_e3.jpg

sUiCiDeR
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
tehMITCH

Nice, I wondered what the booth would look like but nobody ever posted anything.
tehMITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
nople

Have you trying to play? What your impression about that's game?
nople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
keeganzero

E3 has become a joke. It's no longer the "Super Bowl of Gaming", very much evident from this year's show.
keeganzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #5
pack-man

how does it fill to play cs on a joystick ??? Any good ?
pack-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
lakshay1995

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pack-man View Post
how does it fill to play cs on a joystick ??? Any good ?
Gamers who do not own an Xbox or ps3, would say this .
I also thought that we cant play any fps on consoles, but, it isnt bad at all.. It needs some practice.. Play 3-4 days, and u ll get used to it.. I hated fps on my Xbox, but when I boght cod mw3 for Xbox, it isnt bad at all.
lakshay1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
inF.sUiCiDeR

I did have a chance to play it on XBOX while I was there. It is hard to aim for myself since I am a PC only gamer. The new weapons are cool. The fake smoke/HE nade fakeout comes in handy. At first, I thought this was supposed to be a cross platform game meaning XBOX and PS3 users will play against PC users. However I talked to Valve while I was there, and they said this is not the case. XBOX and PS3 users will only be able to play against themselves.

I also talked to Valve about how server administration will work. Apparently Valve has an admin pack kind of like Sourcemod they are going to include with this game to handle administration. They are also going to rent out dedicated servers themselves. I guess this is why the game is so cheap in price cause they will make up te $$$ in server rentals/hosting.

Overall, I was not impressed unfortunately. I've been a CS player since the 1.3 days and I feel like CS:GO is to Source as Condition-Zero is to 1.6. Just an attempt to bring some life back to a dying legacy.

sUiCiDeR
inF.sUiCiDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
cortez09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshay1995 View Post
Gamers who do not own an Xbox or ps3, would say this .
I also thought that we cant play any fps on consoles, but, it isnt bad at all.. It needs some practice.. Play 3-4 days, and u ll get used to it.. I hated fps on my Xbox, but when I boght cod mw3 for Xbox, it isnt bad at all.
thats because cod has aim assist on consoles
cortez09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
broadwey_again

I played it at Eurogamer (Yes I know this was ages ago) and it felt really nice on PS3 and t had quite a big presence there.

Wtf happened to E3?!
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
stevethepocket

People have been calling E3 "dead" for years. Being disappointed in the poor showing some companies have at it is pointless, but especially this year. Everyone displayed nothing but disappointment this year. At least Valve didn't waste money having some jackass with a microphone go up on stage and announce their upcoming games that everyone already knows about.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
Randomhero204

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez09 View Post
thats because cod has aim assist on consoles
...sighs... Mw3 has it on pc as well... But pc players that never play console imagine these fps games with magic "aim assist" that makes aiming non existent but it's just not true. I really wish they would've had cross platform play... Consoles are not magic aim hacks of fps games guys .

As for e3 being dead, think about it. We live in an age where if a new game comes out we know as soon as its leaks or some developer talks about it. So hy bother with all the dramatics? It's a huge waste of money o show people why they already know.
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Warboss Choppa

The fact how little they had for CSGO shows how much they really care. Sure the game is only $15 bucks but still they could have put more of an effort into promoting the game. They could have made it a 50/50 booth with DotA 2.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
JimmyMcNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss Choppa View Post
The fact how little they had for CSGO shows how much they really care. Sure the game is only $15 bucks but still they could have put more of an effort into promoting the game. They could have made it a 50/50 booth with DotA 2.
Everything is just coming off as lethargic at the minute concerning CS:GO.

IDK what's really going on.
JimmyMcNulty is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive