Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Supreme Commander series

Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
darthslam

SupCom2 Infinite Build Queue Not Working ?

Hi guys, I've read the sticky, and not found anything relevant.

I hated the new economy model in SC2, so stopped playing it, but was told then they had patched it. The infinite build queue is exactly what I wanted, but despite listing my version as 1.2.5, I am still stuck with the same economy. What am I doing wrong?

I have looked through the options, I have enabled the DLC for skirmish/multiplayer, I have verified the game content, removed the old Game.Prefs file. I thought this would just work by default.

I am playing on Win7, and I also own the infinite war DLC. The game loads fine, and plays fine, but I just do not seem to have access to the improved economy model. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
White Castle

Define how it is not working.

When you add something to the build queue, are you charged the resources for it?
White Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
darthslam

In full.

I get the ACU, engineers and factories all stopping and waiting for resource to roll in, as opposed to draining the resource slowly over the duration of a build. as per SC1/FA.

I am told that the newest patch reverted to the old model, but mine does not seem to have.
darthslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
White Castle

Before the economy was changed, everything in the queue had to be paid for immediately.

Now, you only need to pay for whatever the engineer, ACU, factory, etc, is building at the moment.

For example, if Engineer 1 is building a power generator and (by shift+clicking) adds three more to the build queue, you will not be charged the resources for those additional three power generators until the engineer physically starts to build one.

Another example, if a land factory is building a tank and you add two MMLs to the build queue, you will not be charged for the MML until the tank is finished and production of the MML begins.

In the past, you were charged immediately for whatever you added to the queue. That is not the case any longer.

If you are thinking that the new economy model is the "flux economy" that SC1 and FA has, you are mistaken.

I hope I was clear.

However, there is a mod for SupCom2 which implements the "flux/rate based economy" that TA and the previous SupCom had. You can find it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/scale-mod-fa-economy

Last edited by White Castle: 05-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.
White Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
darthslam

Then I shall trouble the forums no longer, and return to Forged Alliance.

Thanks for the explanation.

D
darthslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
abortabortabort

Considering most things aren't that expensive, I would hardly consider a lack of flux/flow detrimental. I think that factories gaining veteranancy, basic units being useful, units not becoming as obselete, and a variety of other features that SupCom2 has would give you a game that you could play along with FA. I love FA, it is a perfect flux/flow economy RTS with a tier system. SupCom2 is the only RTS I know of that has a fun research tree.
abortabortabort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
Dreag0n

And another advantage of this supcom 2 over the original ones: Now you can finish a multiplayer game in somewhere between 1 and 2 hours instead of just getting your economy started in the same time.
Dreag0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Supreme Commander series