Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Jed

Exclamation The CS:GO Matchmaking System

Hey,

Here is a brief video regarding the current state of the CS:GO matchmaking system and why, in my opinion, it is so flawed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHruZV9x9A

What do you guys think about it?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
broadwey_again

There are some very good points in that video and I agree with all of them.
The only problem with punishment for leaving is if you have to leave to go do something or you're internet has been disconnected for whatever reason then you're being punished for something unavoidable.
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Gilmar

I fully agree with you !
Gilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
jna

match making is bad tbh.
if you leave you should be punished from competitive games..
the elo system should work like starcrafts or league of legends.
jna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Verio

I do like the idea of showing the ELO rank on each player. I want to know if the person I'm playing with is on a high skill level. As far as people leaving a game and get in the low priority pool, I think that that should only be placed in the classic Competitive and not the classic casual. People who play classic casual are the people who just play for a bit and don't care about their rank. One thing I would like for them to add ASAP is the steam group ELO rank (team/clans), so that would be constant matches and also have the ability to find other teams. 5v5 my team against your team.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Kraftik

I had a pretty good idea, at least I think it was pretty good. Your rank should go up with wins and loses on a per round basis. It's has stated in the past that this is a bad idea because some rounds you plan to lose or don't matter as much because economy rounds and such. So my idea was to add a modifier based on how much points you get based on how much money the other team invested in to winning that round. Your team spends no money on a round but the other team all buys awps. Bam really big bonus to your ELO. This is only based on the price of your weapons, not your equipment also carrys over as long as you have guns.

Also i think your ELO rank should only be visable to your friends because I bet you people with high ELO and i know this will happen, will be automatically banned from a ton of pubs.

Last edited by Kraftik: 06-15-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Kraftik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Jed

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwey_again View Post
The only problem with punishment for leaving is if you have to leave to go do something or you're internet has been disconnected for whatever reason then you're being punished for something unavoidable.
True, this happens in DotA 2 sometimes. I have had 3 abandons (the punishment system for leaving a live game) that I had no control over. Fortunately it takes a significant amount of abandons for you to be put into the low priority pool.

So, for the most part, it will only punish those who are purposely leaving live matches!
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
efarah

I can't connect to games when searching with friends, only ever able to get in solo
efarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
checkk

I don't agree, I like to join a match and change it. By the time we finished that game, map changes and then we all start from fresh.

It's nice ofc, to join a game from the start.
checkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Jed

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkk View Post
I don't agree, I like to join a match and change it. By the time we finished that game, map changes and then we all start from fresh.

It's nice ofc, to join a game from the start.
But don't you think it would be better to start fresh from the start and choose the map when you search for the game before hand?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
911^NEmeSis

Hey mate! Remember me?
Anyways just found out about your awesome Youtube videos and this one is spot on! Leaver penalty should definitely be implemented and yes, voting during a competitive match is really annoying.

Cya in game budy
911^NEmeSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
Jed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911^NEmeSis View Post
Hey mate! Remember me?
Anyways just found out about your awesome Youtube videos and this one is spot on! Leaver penalty should definitely be implemented and yes, voting during a competitive match is really annoying.

Cya in game budy
Yeah of course I remember!

I'm glad you agree with me, I'm having a hard time keeping this thread on the first page though. I doubt it will even get a look in by the developers.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
Bjolf

Your spot on Jed
Bjolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
oldcontent

i cant stand afk punishments they had those in world of warcraft. what if u had an emergency or something? as long as the match making almost does what it is meant for. PAIRING YOU with equal skilled ppl it will make the game FUN!!!! no more pros me :]
oldcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #15
beggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
Hey,

Here is a brief video regarding the current state of the CS:GO matchmaking system and why, in my opinion, it is so flawed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHruZV9x9A

What do you guys think about it?
on the one hand i agree with almost everything you say, on the other hand i think the actual matchmaking system isn't even implemented yet, lol.

i dont mind having symbols instead of numbers. numbers only get important at the very highest rank anyway.
beggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive