Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
DeltaSq

Not accept Retail CD Key. Dawn of War 2: Retribution

So I just bought Dawn of War earlier today at a Gamestop, completely new and packaged.

Get home and try installing, but it keeps saying it is invalid CD key no matter what I do. This is very irritating and wondered if there was a difference between the retail key and the steam key.

Ps: There is no 1, 0 or O in the key at all either.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Boe-Os

I would take your game back for an exchange at Gamestop. Retail/Steam CD keys version both the same thing, since its a Steam game.
Boe-Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Thanatos675

take it back and get another copy or take it back and get your money back to buy it on steam. Great game that should not be missed.

Also if they refuse to take the game back talk to the manager or even go above and beyond the call and talk to corporate. I've had problems with gamestop not taking back games that were opened before...
Thanatos675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
StayDowner

I wouldn't take it back so fast. I would contact the publisher of the software. It is their duty to provide you with a vail key, and this might be able to be done over the internet.

I hate having to talk to the staff in the EBGames(Gamestop) so I would try something else before hand.
StayDowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series