Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
royal_prawn
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
how do I beat TFC?

for backlog purposes of course
royal_prawn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
urban360
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 512
TFC is multi-player PvP game. Theres no single player aspect where you play one time through and you finished it. Its unbeatable because theres no end to its game play.

Quote:
for backlog purposes of course
Huh...?
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Jifcuits
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 11
Posts: 174
You beat tfc when you get a quadruple detpack kill whilst crowbarring a feigned spy
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
pizzahut
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Reputation: 1171
Posts: 4,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban360 View Post
TFC is multi-player PvP game.
To add to this, TFC does have some other types of gameplay, too, e.g. skill maps (bunny hop / jump, strafe, conc/rocket/pipe jump) and fun maps (climb, hide & seek, escape (more recently movie themed maps), obstacle course controlled by a team, maze, golf course). A few servers offer bots vs humans (PvE).

Also there's a difference between clan and pub style of play in PvP. There are pickups for clan style play and currently there's a league running in Europe (WPTFCL) - maybe the last one?

Other things you can try:

- Visit http://secrets.tfccentral.org/ to find out map secrets.

Last edited by pizzahut: 05-31-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Removed freefall4.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
orangensaft
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Reputation: 22
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
- Find out how to get invisible on freefall4 (Google).
http://goldsrc.org/?sec=files&fileid=392


Also clarify what you mean with "beating TFC"?
orangensaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
urban360
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
- Find out how to get invisible on freefall4 (Google).
Oh come on dude. Don't encourage the use of game bug exploits. That one especially is worse than the nail grenade exploit. Encouraging use of dirty/cheap playing methods wrecks the spirit of the game. Its practically a form of cheating.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
Gogeta
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 7
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban360 View Post
Oh come on dude. Don't encourage the use of game bug exploits. That one especially is worse than the nail grenade exploit. Encouraging use of dirty/cheap playing methods wrecks the spirit of the game. Its practically a form of cheating.
It's a goofy map that I don't think ANYONE has ever played seriously. The invisible spy just makes it more goofy.



If you're an anti-exploit guy, you may as well go back to the stone ages of TFC (which I think you already do?). Walking and turning is fundamentally an exploit.
Gogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #8
urban360
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta View Post
If you're an anti-exploit guy
Damn straight I am. You imply that as if its a bad thing. I rather be in the stone age of TFC than to condone new age style of playing where anything goes. Which is why servers like Evil and AI Masters I refuse to associate with. My TFC experience started on a server that heavily enforced fair/clean play and it will end on some server that does the same. I'm one of the last of a dying breed who refuses to accept a game of TFC any other way. I'm a fair play die hard.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #9
orangensaft
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Reputation: 22
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban360 View Post
Oh come on dude. Don't encourage the use of game bug exploits. That one especially is worse than the nail grenade exploit. Encouraging use of dirty/cheap playing methods wrecks the spirit of the game. Its practically a form of cheating.
> game exploits

YES! Features in the map are game exploits! How much bull can you fabricate in one day, urban360?
orangensaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
urban360
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangensaft View Post
> game exploits

YES! Features in the map are game exploits! How much bull can you fabricate in one day, urban360?
You say its BS but you dont explain how that is. I cant see anything anyone elses way without vivid explanation. Im not talking about use of exploits just in that map. I'm talking about exploit usage in anything. My anti-exploit statement has nothing to do with any specific map. Im not BSing in any way. What I said is true. It seems like amount people who frown on use of exploits and ofther forms of cheep playing styles has been on a continuous decline while the amount of people accepting playing cheep is on the continuous rise. This is based through personal observation of the kind of players now vs years ago. And my TFC experiences that started on a server that strictly enforces clean/fair play is no lie either. I've gotten kicked for accidentally throwing a mirv grenade at a spawn door one time when it bounced too far. Server rules were in fact enforced heavily with no exceptions. It was my favorite server of all time but they packed up and moved to TF2 3 years ago as a server that loops over the same map 24/7. I visited the TF2 server and I was very disappointed.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
Jifcuits
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 11
Posts: 174
It is BS because your original complaint to pizzahut was him telling people about a map feature. The rest of your post about exploits and heavily enforced servers is irrelevant and therefore BS.

BS! BS!
Jifcuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
pizzahut
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Reputation: 1171
Posts: 4,739
urban360 is right in that it is an exploit, however it wasn't my intention to encourage people to abuse it.

When performing a certain task, the map gives you invisibility and quad damage at the same time as reward. But the combination of these effects only makes you translucent, not invisible. Due to a bug in TFC it is possible to extend the invisibility effect until death, and thus you will become invisible as soon as the quad damage wears off.

Last edited by pizzahut: 05-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
urban360
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 512
@orangensaft

Quote:
Damn straight I am. You imply that as if its a bad thing. I rather be in the stone age of TFC than to condone new age style of playing where anything goes. Which is why servers like Evil and AI Masters I refuse to associate with. My TFC experience started on a server that heavily enforced fair/clean play and it will end on some server that does the same. I'm one of the last of a dying breed who refuses to accept a game of TFC any other way. I'm a fair play die hard.
That was an explanation specifically to Gogeta about my original post because he implied that being an anti-exploit kind of guy is a bad thing.
Quote:
You say its BS but you dont explain how that is. I cant see anything anyone elses way without vivid explanation. Im not talking about use of exploits just in that map. I'm talking about exploit usage in anything. My anti-exploit statement has nothing to do with any specific map. Im not BSing in any way. What I said is true. It seems like amount people who frown on use of exploits and ofther forms of cheep playing styles has been on a continuous decline while the amount of people accepting playing cheep is on the continuous rise. This is based through personal observation of the kind of players now vs years ago. And my TFC experiences that started on a server that strictly enforces clean/fair play is no lie either. I've gotten kicked for accidentally throwing a mirv grenade at a spawn door one time when it bounced too far. Server rules were in fact enforced heavily with no exceptions. It was my favorite server of all time but they packed up and moved to TF2 3 years ago as a server that loops over the same map 24/7. I visited the TF2 server and I was very disappointed.
That one was to you when you decided to bash my post that wasn't even directed towards anyone else including you. It is not necessary to give harsh,rude or blunt criticism every time every time you see fit. Most of every reply that comes from you is usually said in a trashy/negative manner. You are too critical.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
Gogeta
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 7
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban360 View Post
That was an explanation specifically to Gogeta about my original post because he implied that being an anti-exploit kind of guy is a bad thing.
Quote:
ex·ploit
verb (used with object)
1.
to utilize, especially for profit; turn to practical account:
There are differences between exploits and glitches. Exploits are just unintended consequences of the engine and what's in it. Stuff like bhopping, conc jumping, and wall strafing are all exploits. If you're against advanced movement techniques such as those, then you're probably really bad at TFC and I would never dare call you anything close to a 'true TFC player' (as cheesy as that sounds ).

Quote:
My TFC experience started on a server that heavily enforced fair/clean play and it will end on some server that does the same.
Exploits are taking advantage of what the game has given you. If you stop a player from bhopping, you're the one actually changing the game. Everyone has the opportunity to bhop, it's a skill that needs to be learned. It has become as basic to TFC as aiming and shooting.

Calling 'exploits' unfair or cheating because you can't or refuse to use them is just silly.
Gogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
urban360
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 512
Quote:
Exploits are just unintended consequences of the engine and what's in it.
I know that. Conc, b-hop and wall strafing isnt what I had in mind when I posted about being against exploits 'and' playing dirty. Just because something unintended for use exists to all don't mean its ok to use. Example: nail grenade in the ceiling. Anyone can do it but don't make it clean and just. Heck, if you are going to use such an exploit, you are not much different than using a shoot through walls cheat. As for non exploit dirty play like camping spawn doors to farm free kills, even though anyone can do it and its not impossible to take out the camper, its just the whole idea of someone playing like that is appalling. Its like a basketball team shoving or tripping the opposing team's players to the floor to increase their own teams winning odds. Its just bad sportsmanship. Only players that still plays TFC become more and more accepting and lenient towards formerly forbidden ways of playing.
Quote:
then you're probably really bad at TFC
I'm not the best nor am I the worst.
Quote:
changing the game.
I'm not a one sided TFC player who favors only vanilla TFC game play or only servers with weapon addons. I like both.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.