Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
AnarkisZ

Angry Dota 2 Pool Punishment- not fair

I am a PUB gamer, a thing happen when my team mate as dire got disconnected all DIRE member got an abandoned status after a game. Although we won the match. As we have an abandoned status from disconected team mate. My acct. has now a pool punishment. But I didn't quit.It happens always when I have a team mate get disconnected. I hope valve will do something about this.

*pool punishment will put your account to low priority finding match and no battle points..thus it will take too much time to get a match.

Good for quitters but how about its not you who quit? And getting disconnect due to technical problems.

Last edited by AnarkisZ: 06-19-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Title
Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
Pl2sku

Hello.

I feel your anger but I think you should be better off posting such issues in the official Dota 2 development forum at http://dev.dota2.com

More Dota 2 players and even developers read that forum.
Pl2sku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
GDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkisZ View Post
Good for quitters but how about its not you who quit? And getting disconnect due to technical problems.
How can the game know if I get disconnected by just turning off my router, or pulling the cable out rather then a having a technical reason.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
AnarkisZ

If I were, they should give disconnection credits each day.
AnarkisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
GDL

Quote:
If I were, they should give disconnection credits each day.
That's not a bad idea.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #6
AnarkisZ

OK tnx.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Sly_Squash

If you genuinely got an abandon for a game that you didn't quit, you might be able to work something out. However, I suspect you were simply put in the leaver queue for some other reason.
- If you AFK in a game, you can get an abandon automatically from lack of APM.
- If players report you and those reports are verified, you can also be put into the leaver queue without leaving a game.

I suspect you did something wrong and you know it.
Sly_Squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #8
benetti32

Quote:
People with technical problems simply shouldn't play this game. Only you are responsible for your PC/connection, so why ruin the game for others. I know a guy who is 900 days in low priority because he was playing with terrible connection and he ruined more than 150 games because of this
benetti32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
AnarkisZ

I got DC once because of electric issue.. it started with that. maybe sum1 reported me.. .the other abandons I got is from a discoonected team mate.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #10
Remember Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDL View Post
How can the game know if I get disconnected by just turning off my router, or pulling the cable out rather then a having a technical reason.
It doesn't matter either way. You ruined a 30min to 1 hours of game play for 9 other players. You wasted 9 hours of peoples time they will never get back. If your connection isn't stable or is acting up you shouldn't be playing and if it random then it should happen more then 1 or 2 times in a few monthes.
Remember Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
Sly_Squash

Quote:
I got DC once because of electric issue.. it started with that. maybe sum1 reported me.. .the other abandons I got is from a discoonected team mate.
Told ya.

Most likely the guy who disconnected from your match reported you. Often people who rage quit are unhappy with the performance or demeanor of their teammates. I suspect you did something in the game that PO'ed the leaver into leaving, be it something you said (ex. flaming) or something you did (ex. something he perceived as intentional feeding).

He'll still get his just rewards from his own abandon, of course.

Anyway, one abandon from legitimately abandoning the game + one report is presumably sufficient to drop you into the leaver queue. Your punishment is both warranted and fair.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #12
GDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by benetti32 View Post
People with technical problems simply shouldn't play this game.
Everyone has technical issues at somepoint.. lets all stop playing games just in case eh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Pluto View Post
It doesn't matter either way.
Which was my point, it's a global punishment for a reason, some issues cannot be helped or predicted but they are going to be a small number and they physicaly can't check if it's a real issue or a 'homemade' one.

Last edited by GDL: 06-19-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #13
AnarkisZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Squash View Post
Told ya.

Most likely the guy who disconnected from your match reported you. Often people who rage quit are unhappy with the performance or demeanor of their teammates. I suspect you did something in the game that PO'ed the leaver into leaving, be it something you said (ex. flaming) or something you did (ex. something he perceived as intentional feeding).

He'll still get his just rewards from his own abandon, of course.

Anyway, one abandon from legitimately abandoning the game + one report is presumably sufficient to drop you into the leaver queue. Your punishment is both warranted and fair.

I accept the punishment when I got DC.. what I cant accept is having an abandoned status because of other player(Team mate) who quit in game.That caused my account again into low priority.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #14
graspee

It's a game in beta that you have got for free. Any issues you have are not really issues.
graspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #15
Sly_Squash

Quote:
what I cant accept is having an abandoned status because of other player(Team mate) who quit in game.That caused my account again into low priority.
No. The teammate's disconnection did not, in itself, place you in the leaver's queue or give you an abandon (unless you've found a bug that very rarely surfaces, in which case you'll need to report the match details, circumstances, and match ID to the Dota 2 dev forums.)

Considering I've had dozens of teammates leave games and never gotten an abandon nor heard of anyone getting an abandon for a game during which they had a teammate abandon (and didn't AFK), I'm pretty dubious it's a bug. I'm 99% sure you AFK'ed somewhere along the line to pick up whatever abandon you claim is undeserved.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic