Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
gaugebozo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 64
Posts: 627
Requests for Consoles

Since everyone is asking for things to include/remove for the PC, I figured it would make sense to ask specifically for the consoles. There is not yet a console forum for this, so please no flaming. After playing some of the original Xbox Counter-Strike, a few things are apparent.

1). The controls are not great. Instead of a "quick-look" button, you should ALWAYS quick-look, then press something else (left trigger?) to slow movement (like aiming). Changing how you're aiming should not be reliant on pressing the same joystick you are using to aim. Call of Duty is maybe the best example of good button set-up.

2). The frame rate really needs to be consistently above 30, preferably locked at 60. This is much preferable to any graphics upgrades.

3). It would be great for all players, but for handicapped gamers in particular, to be able to customize the controls as much as possible.

Are there any other console related requests?
gaugebozo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
camhack
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 21
Be able to turn ambient sound off.. built in clan tags. Basically just do what you did for the first counterstrike on the xbox. I would also like a map pack further down the road with maps from the old cs xbox/condition zero
camhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Deilgyre
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 23
Posts: 259
Agree on OP's requests on all 3 counts.

1. Super high speed cap with a 'slowdown' button. Of course that's exactly what ADS is on consoles.
2. Needs to be 60fps. Gears of War 3, RAGE, DOOM3BFG...shoot even MINECRAFT is 60fps.
3. Fully customizable binds. Definitely.

I don't know if CSGO will have it, but I'd like a party system like CoD is there isn't one already.

Also a way to vote on a choice of 2 maps (or a random vote).

I'd actually really appreciate a way to fully customize the movement & look mechanic in CS:GO, like the way PC players have it. I'd like to ditch the time-based look acceleration and just have a super high turn-rate speed cap.
Deilgyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
gaugebozo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 64
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by camhack View Post
Be able to turn ambient sound off.. built in clan tags. Basically just do what you did for the first counterstrike on the xbox. I would also like a map pack further down the road with maps from the old cs xbox/condition zero
Agreed. I think a good thing for Valve to do with just about all of their games is have a community map pack for Xbox and PS3 a few months after release.

Last edited by gaugebozo: 06-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.
gaugebozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Randomhero204
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugebozo View Post
Since everyone is asking for things to include/remove for the PC, I figured it would make sense to ask specifically for the consoles. There is not yet a console forum for this, so please no flaming. After playing some of the original Xbox Counter-Strike, a few things are apparent.

1). The controls are not great. Instead of a "quick-look" button, you should ALWAYS quick-look, then press something else (left trigger?) to slow movement (like aiming). Changing how you're aiming should not be reliant on pressing the same joystick you are using to aim. Call of Duty is maybe the best example of good button set-up.

2). The frame rate really needs to be consistently above 30, preferably locked at 60. This is much preferable to any graphics upgrades.

3). It would be great for all players, but for handicapped gamers in particular, to be able to customize the controls as much as possible.

Are there any other console related requests?

God no. You don't know what your talking about.

Let me clarify how to play this game on console.

You have the normal speed of the game and you adjust te sensitivity to your liking, then when you see someone you hit the button for "crouch" and tht becomes your aim (kinda like your ads in cod) point is what you said is just dumb and makes no sense.

The quick turn isn't that bad and is somewhat useful if you have played lfd on console.

My biggest requesst are just mappable controller layout, party system, Custom game options so we can have some LAN tournaments and tons of advertising on Xbox live! It'll sell.
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Randomhero204
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugebozo View Post
Agreed. I think a good thing for Valve to do with just about all of their games is have a community map pack for Xbox and PS3 a few months after release.
The problem is that Xbox won't let them "give away" a map pack. And that's how valve rolls which is good. But is the reason valve is siding more towards the ps3

Also and some what off optic the cross platform play didn't go down because ps3 is ridiculously slow with approving their updates. Which is also why all call of duty content gets released on Xbox first. Because Xbox approves thing much quicker then ps3
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
THE Nakedgun
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2005
Reputation: 597
Posts: 4,145
Map any action to any button. If I ant +forwards on Triangle then so be it.

demo recording/playback and sharing possibly uploaded to the cloud.

some commands to remove hud features for movies/machinma or just basic customisation
THE Nakedgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Randomhero204
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 535
I would love to be able to change my crosshair! I hate the looks of the one tht I've seen at e3 and early Xbox gameplay.

And recording would be sweet as ****
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
gaugebozo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 64
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomhero204 View Post
The quick turn isn't that bad and is somewhat useful if you have played lfd on console.
I've played plenty of L 4 D on console. I wasn't talking about quick turn, quick turn is great (but would be unnecessary if they had the control feel of any other console FPSs).

The quick look feature in the Xbox version sucks because the normal turn is way too slow, and you have to hold down the aim stick to make yourself turn faster. It makes aiming at someone who is shooting at you from anywhere other than right in front of your sights pointless. This is not how it works in the PC version. The crouching for more precise aiming is fine also. This would not affect that.
gaugebozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
absta101
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 84
Posts: 1,310
Why do we need the slow-down feature??

Private matches are a must.
absta101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
javiermaki
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
Radio commands, as option in the ingame menu or button and
custom maps support like Unreal Tournament
javiermaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
Randomhero204
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugebozo View Post
I've played plenty of L 4 D on console. I wasn't talking about quick turn, quick turn is great (but would be unnecessary if they had the control feel of any other console FPSs).

The quick look feature in the Xbox version sucks because the normal turn is way too slow, and you have to hold down the aim stick to make yourself turn faster. It makes aiming at someone who is shooting at you from anywhere other than right in front of your sights pointless. This is not how it works in the PC version. The crouching for more precise aiming is fine also. This would not affect that.
Say it with me ..."controller sensitivity"!

You can just change it to your hearts content. You can even make it faster then pc settings if you like.

The quick turn button worked in l4d because the zombies would always go right on to you butt. In cs:go this is an unneeded option since you can adjust the sensitivity to your liking.

Edit: after re-reading your comment I has no idea what you are talking about in regards to this "quick look" you are talking about.. I just don't get why something called "quick look" would exist when sensitivity options are present??

Last edited by Randomhero204: 06-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
gaugebozo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 64
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomhero204 View Post
Say it with me ..."controller sensitivity"!

You can just change it to your hearts content. You can even make it faster then pc settings if you like.

The quick turn button worked in l4d because the zombies would always go right on to you butt. In cs:go this is an unneeded option since you can adjust the sensitivity to your liking.

Edit: after re-reading your comment I has no idea what you are talking about in regards to this "quick look" you are talking about.. I just don't get why something called "quick look" would exist when sensitivity options are present??
On the original CS on Xbox, movement with the aim stick was really slow even when set at the highest sensitivity levels. You could hold the joystick down and temporarily make your aiming move much faster. In the game, they called this "quick look". It was also terrible.

You're right, being able to adjust the sensitivity to your liking more or less takes care of this. All I was saying was that it would be nicer to either have a much higher sensitivity that you could set your controls to (along with a smoother movement for different joystick positions), or do something like a "slow look" where you slow down your aim while pushing a button. Because this was different from the PC version for the original game, I just wanted to make sure they got it right for CS:GO.
gaugebozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
Randomhero204
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 535
Yeah I got ya. But cs for original Xbox was valves first attempt at console controls. They have since mastered console controlls with l4d,tf2 and portal. After playing those games I'm not worried about controls at all.. I just want to map controls like tf2 for Xbox (and ps3 I suppose)

Last edited by Randomhero204: 06-19-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
GordonFreeBoi
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 44
Posts: 414
private matches and download custom maps that pc players have made
GordonFreeBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.