Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
GordonFreeBoi

Banned
why the hate for new counter strikes?

ok i just think people shouldnt hate the small changes as much. i mean i love the old halos but now they are making it like cod now. Sprint, perks, some playlists even have killstreaks.

i just read a thread where a 1.6 player was freaking out how this game is more like CSS and not enough like 1.6 and that its a cash cow and is insulting. but i look and this game has barley and changes that are to core gameplay. if valve was a sell out they would of put in like perks and iron sights
Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
5onic

Cs go is awesome. I'd buy it how it was before, and I'd still buy it now.

However 1.6 still remains king and its unfortunate that they could've remake to live on its legacy. This is not Counter Strike 2. Remaking CS 1.6 would be a better choice. After all, if this is not CS 2. Why is CS GO getting all these new features? Does that mean when CS 2 comes out, it will not be like 1.6? Because a sequel = more features, right? Meh whatever. I enjoy playing CS Go.
5onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
MartinKhan

Banned
I personally enjoy every single Counter-Strike game in its own way, including the long forgotten Condition Zero. CS 1.3 will always have a special place in my heart, though, as it was the first CS I ever played.

I don't care if one CS is slightly different from the previous one, I'll try to enjoy it for what it is, and not for what the other were.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
4yMl

Because Valve already has a good base for a competitive Counter-Strike game, 1.6, instead, they prefer to use CS:S as a foundation.

They did a lot of stuff to make the learning curve as little as possible by adding adding fog to prevent long range sniping, restricting movement (no long jump, no crouch hop to peak over crates etc), creating and dissecting old maps just to add ridiculous camping spots or making them more straightforward, they also added a lot of useless clutter to the maps that only makes them look like landfills, they also messed up the money system to prevent 15 awp's in public when the competitive scene didn't need that etc etc.

tl;dr: Chickens on de_inferno
4yMl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Sam43

my problem is... 12 years and there hasnt been a suitable sequal to CS.
i dont want a 1.6 clone. i want a game better than 1.6. but for that to happen, it has to be as good as 1.6 before it can become better, but right now its not as good of a game as 1.6.
i want a BETTER game. not a c rate casual game half assed by valve and HPE.
Sam43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
JosephBroze

Because we can't see eye-to-eye on whether CS is defined by its overall design or the arsenal of 1.6 exploits the Vets dont wanna let go of.

Also, some people are still dreaming of the day their online shooter obsession will blossom into an actual full-time job. And every design decision which undermines CS's "potential as an eSport" comes across as a kick to the nads. So there's that.

Last edited by JosephBroze: 06-19-2012 at 11:24 PM.
JosephBroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
omiclix

I think the hate is stemming from the lack of communication between the players and devlopers.

There was a post on the cs website about the "science of fog" and how it helped so much, when in reality it does the exact opposite, and really screws with our frame rates. No one in their right mind can say they prefer Aztec with fog.

Tracers are another one, where first person tracers should go away because they screw with our perception of aim, yet they are still there with no explanation of why they cannot remove them from the person shooting them (Seriously if they cant program tracers like that, then why do these people work for Valve?)

I do not hate the new counter-strike, but I hate being told I am wrong about something that the entire community asks for. I do not want 1.6 or css, but I do want a viable game that is fun and competitive, and these things detract from it, so why isn't their priority what they said it would be?
omiclix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #8
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBroze View Post

Because we can't see eye-to-eye on whether CS is defined by its overall design or the arsenal of 1.6 exploits the Vets dont wanna let go of.

Also, some people are still dreaming of the day their online shooter obsession will blossom into an actual full-time job. And every design decision which undermines CS's "potential as an eSport" comes across as a kick to the nads. So there's that.
"over all design" includes but is not limited to:

Map design
Movement
Economy
Differences in weapons, which includes:
spray pattern
damage
recoil
silencer/burst options
Focus on competitive potential
Focus on balance
Emphasis on quick firefights determined by aim and the first 1-3 bullets
And and steep but not entirely intimidating learning curve with a high ceiling.

CS:GO contradicts many of these things, and these are features that define CS. CS:GO is not CS, it doesn't have enough of what 1.6 or source are to be called that.

If you're going to pretend like this is a blind hate argument of "casuals vs nolifer pro wannabes" at least come up with a good argument. Saying people just want to hang on to glitches without learning anything new is just ignorant of what's really going on. The entire design direction is entirely different in GO, and people are rightfully annoyed about that.
Kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #9
Marcem7121

Quote:
Originally Posted by omiclix View Post
I think the hate is stemming from the lack of communication between the players and devlopers.

There was a post on the cs website about the "science of fog" and how it helped so much, when in reality it does the exact opposite, and really screws with our frame rates. No one in their right mind can say they prefer Aztec with fog.

Tracers are another one, where first person tracers should go away because they screw with our perception of aim, yet they are still there with no explanation of why they cannot remove them from the person shooting them (Seriously if they cant program tracers like that, then why do these people work for Valve?)

I do not hate the new counter-strike, but I hate being told I am wrong about something that the entire community asks for. I do not want 1.6 or css, but I do want a viable game that is fun and competitive, and these things detract from it, so why isn't their priority what they said it would be?
Did you read the post about how the test would work? http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...3/beta-status/ It explains that things like the fog and tracers have ongoing discussions and all. And somewhere else, Chet Faliszek explained that they would like to explore all of the possibilities with some things like tracers and fog. They could easily remove them at any time.

Last edited by Marcem7121: 06-20-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Marcem7121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
weekendwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBroze View Post

\

-A good competitive game will have high skill ceiling so that the players who train the most will be more likely to be favored (as opposed to things like aim-assist and random spray patterns in which you could hardly tell if a noob or a seasoned player was shooting).
-To have a high skill ceiling, you need dynamics (elements that will diversify gameplay i.e. movement mechanics, recoil pattern, tight controls, economy system; essentially anything that will favor the smarter player)
-CS 1.6 has held true to many of these aspects; this is the reason why it's been surviving for 12 years.

You see the same concept apply in Quake and Starcraft, two other franchises that are pillars of eSports.

Last edited by weekendwarrior: 06-24-2012 at 07:55 PM.
weekendwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #11
JosephBroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku View Post
If you're going to pretend like this is a blind hate argument of "casuals vs nolifer pro wannabes" at least come up with a good argument.
Res ipsa loquitur, bro.
JosephBroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #12
ptR1

Banned
Why the hate for new counter-strikes?

Because its inferior to the previous release.
ptR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #13
ShefQet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5onic View Post

This is not Counter Strike 2. Remaking CS 1.6 would be a better choice. After all, if this is not CS 2. Why is CS GO getting all these new features? Does that mean when CS 2 comes out, it will not be like 1.6? Because a sequel = more features, right? Meh whatever. I enjoy playing CS Go.
Funny when i hear people talk about CS 2.

I mean there have come out 3 CS versions after CS1.6 and none of them is considered a followup / CS2 ???
ShefQet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #14
ptR1

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShefQet View Post
Funny when i hear people talk about CS 2.

I mean there have come out 3 CS versions after CS1.6 and none of them is considered a followup / CS2 ???
Because the games aren't the same.

I would like CS2 to be like how Dota2 is turning out. An updated version of 1.6 where they only upgrade the graphics, and add stuff like matchmaking etc. But without destroying the great gameplay
ptR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #15
lakshay1995

Banned
The truth - veterans dont want to remove those glitches that exist in 1.6 to which they have adapted and made a tactic.
Bhopping.
Crouch jumping.(how can someone jump without standing up?)
Wallbanging from one end of a map to another.
Russian walk.
Water bugs.

Valve tried to change it, but what? These people started bashing it saying it isn't 1.6 or source.. Blablabla..
Whos asking you to play? Dont like it? Adapt to it, or stick to 1.6 or source rather than messing up a new game.
After this comment, people are gonna rage at me. But you know what? I dont give a .
lakshay1995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive