Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
rlgs

So, JoeR, what about it?

You say there is a build dated after 20th April, but it's apparently not coming via the CDN... where's the direct link? Bypass the CDN because that too it seems is broken.

Better yet, place everything into a single zip/dmg so that the ridiculous first download after install isn't needed and give us a direct link to that... again, no CDN.
rlgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
edurey

I'm also having this exact error displayed... And when I download, the client inside the dmg is dated apr 18, 12:52... Is there a link to a post apr 20th build that is not the one on the steam download page?
edurey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
joshnoworries

I'm having this problem too. Anyone have the latest client, the one from the Steam homepage is still not working for me.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.
joshnoworries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
Columbosaur

Having this problem (still) too. I haven't been able to play Portal, Half Life 2, etc... for months.
Columbosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #20
rlinney_NOOB

Say, this isn't anything to do with some kind of crazy restriction on MacOS version is it? I don't know what version people are using - I know I'm not up to date and have the same problem... was just wondering whether other users with the same problem are also using "old" OS versions.

EDIT - not so old that i should be having problems though apparently... I'm on 10.6.7 and should only need 10.6.3 as a minimum.

Last edited by rlinney_NOOB: 05-15-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: additional information
rlinney_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
cta11

Is there still no fix?

I've tried literally every single thing that I have read in this forum and have had no success, I still cannot get the steam update to finish - somebody respond if they have an actual fix please!
cta11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
V2Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinney_NOOB View Post
Say, this isn't anything to do with some kind of crazy restriction on MacOS version is it? I don't know what version people are using - I know I'm not up to date and have the same problem... was just wondering whether other users with the same problem are also using "old" OS versions.

EDIT - not so old that i should be having problems though apparently... I'm on 10.6.7 and should only need 10.6.3 as a minimum.
I'm on 10.6.8 (dunno why you're not :P), and it works fine for me. Probably more of a problem on the internet side of things.
V2Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
MysticalOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Blast View Post
I'm on 10.6.8 (dunno why you're not :P), and it works fine for me. Probably more of a problem on the internet side of things.
This is not an internet problem, trust me. I've sent the packet info to prove just that to devs, as they requested, and hopefully it yeilds some further info. It's an issue with the client THINKING there is an interent problem when it's perfectly fine.
Perhaps something wrong with keep alive code being overly strict and aborting/timing out if it doesn't get 10ms response or something during a download on a maxed connection (ie a slower 1M down stream connection that's actually downloading at it's MAX download bandwidth, thus our latency might actually jump up to 300-400ms range during download).
Could be something else entirely that's just speculation. But clearly it's a coding issue as i play many games and their updaters work flawlessly (even blizzards shotty D3/MoP launcher with is full of torrent code) and use many internet applications. I can even use torrents with tranmition just fine and that has 60 similtanious connections all uploading and downloading just fine and that's about as brutal of a download/upload as you can get. So why is downloading a simple 50MB update file over http on a single socket connection so borked if it's my internet connection? Your posts are entirely unhelpful. "mine works so it must be you doing something wrong" replies (like this one http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3&postcount=19) are just ignorant and rude. Suggesting user upgrade to 10.6.8 is useful, but telling everyone their wrong cause yours works just makes you a forum troll.
MysticalOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #24
V2Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
This is not an internet problem, trust me. I've sent the packet info to prove just that to devs, as they requested, and hopefully it yeilds some further info. It's an issue with the client THINKING there is an interent problem when it's perfectly fine.
Perhaps something wrong with keep alive code being overly strict and aborting/timing out if it doesn't get 10ms response or something during a download on a maxed connection (ie a slower 1M down stream connection that's actually downloading at it's MAX download bandwidth, thus our latency might actually jump up to 300-400ms range during download).
Could be something else entirely that's just speculation. But clearly it's a coding issue as i play many games and their updaters work flawlessly (even blizzards shotty D3/MoP launcher with is full of torrent code) and use many internet applications. I can even use torrents with tranmition just fine and that has 60 similtanious connections all uploading and downloading just fine and that's about as brutal of a download/upload as you can get. So why is downloading a simple 50MB update file over http on a single socket connection so borked if it's my internet connection? Your posts are entirely unhelpful. "mine works so it must be you doing something wrong" replies (like this one http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3&postcount=19) are just ignorant and rude. Suggesting user upgrade to 10.6.8 is useful, but telling everyone their wrong cause yours works just makes you a forum troll.
You're just reading way too much into things. At no point did I suggest you were imagining or causing the problem. I'm simply theorizing based on the limited information I have about your problem. You asked for help; I tried to help.

Chill.
V2Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #25
dinesh1

pls

can some one link me to their steam folder without games adn login cred i have this problem too but dont understand how to fix
dinesh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam