Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 06-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
kinoth

Steam Wont Update My Payment Info

I used to use my mum's credit card to buy steam games. Now that I have my own paypal account, I've started using that. However, every time I go to buy something it automatically fills in my old information (for my mums credit card) and I have to manually change it, which is very annoying. I can't figure out how to get it to remember my new information instead of the old credit card.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
Rifle Elite

Banned
Could you please contact Steam Support by clicking that lovely link at the top that says "SUPPORT". You can't miss it, it's in all capitals ;>.

Create a separate Support Account from your Forum and actual Steam account, and make a new ticket in the correct category, and tell Steam Support this exact problem.

You will get a much more accurate and better response from them about your issue.
Rifle Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
Verminus

Try going to your steam account page, (click on "%username%'s Account" in the top right coener of the steam client window or go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/) and in the box on the right, under your Steam wallet balance it will list the payment methods saved on the account. Delete your mothers CC and next time you buy something it wont auto fill with those details. you should then be able to save your new payment method.
Verminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Rifle Elite

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verminus View Post
Try going to your steam account page, (click on "%username%'s Account" in the top right coener of the steam client window or go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/) and in the box on the right, under your Steam wallet balance it will list the payment methods saved on the account. Delete your mothers CC and next time you buy something it wont auto fill with those details. you should then be able to save your new payment method.
Or do what this helpful man said!
Rifle Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
kinoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle Elite View Post
Could you please contact Steam Support by clicking that lovely link at the top that says "SUPPORT". You can't miss it, it's in all capitals ;>.

Create a separate Support Account from your Forum and actual Steam account, and make a new ticket in the correct category, and tell Steam Support this exact problem.

You will get a much more accurate and better response from them about your issue.
Steam Support usually takes at least a day to respond, and I didn't really want to bother them with such a trivial issue.

Thank's Verminus - that worked!
kinoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips