Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Old 06-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #61
DooM187

Hmmm if it's real that would be pretty neat.
DooM187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #62
Muji

I'm gonna say about the same stuff that I said at Lambda gen. The Thing looks like its flying in space, or in really harsh conditions(Some of the pics have lines around it).

The mouth of the Thing seems to resemble a Black hole engulfing something (Things are stretched much when going into black holes) or a sun with solar flares. Just my thoughts on what it could be. I hope it stays.
Muji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #63
P.S.Y.C.H.O.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSphinx
I don't get it. We wait 5 years and half of the fanbase goes crazy from lack of content, and then when we finally do get content, half the fanbase complains? Jesus Christ guys, be happy that we're getting this and stop trying to prove it fake at every single point.
You're right. We have some concept-arts of very mysterious game. And I don't understand, why folks complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schru
The news post at ValveTime.net says that the person who sent the pictures said that they're from 2008.
If it's true, some things in the game can change. Because pictures is 4 years old, and during this time Vavle could (and can) change some things.
P.S.Y.C.H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #64
scojer 2.0

Some of those look psychedelic. Pretty neat looking though whether real or not!
scojer 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #65
Chris_D

For the avoidance of doubt, I just want to stress that we absolutely would not release these pictures if we didn't know for a fact they were real.

They absolutely are.

Please just enjoy them as they are, and try not to look for conspiracies that aren't there.

I mean, it's not like we're doing it to attract traffic to our site. We know our server can't cope with the load so we don't want massive influxes of traffic like this. You may have noticed we've been offline since!
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #66
The Dias

It's fake. None of this fits in with any of HL2's established style, namely the Resistance's clothes. Some of these pictures are meaningless squiggles/swirls. The Advisor looks like it was photoshopped into the picture rather than drawn in, which I've never seen done in real Valve concept-art.

This whole thing reeks of fakeness.
The Dias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #67
Hellmarcher

People need to stop declaring "fake" and actually read the whole thread.
Hellmarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #68
Lilgreenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D View Post
For the avoidance of doubt, I just want to stress that we absolutely would not release these pictures if we didn't know for a fact they were real.

They absolutely are.

Please just enjoy them as they are, and try not to look for conspiracies that aren't there.

I mean, it's not like we're doing it to attract traffic to our site. We know our server can't cope with the load so we don't want massive influxes of traffic like this. You may have noticed we've been offline since!
Chris_D is the big guy at Valve time. Listen to him.

All of this just looks intriguing, and coupled with today's Pyromania update, it's the most stuff we've seen from Valve on one day since October 2007.
Lilgreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #69
Ded-

Banned
I will go ahead and act like somebody who is here.

Give source.

You know what im saying right? You said the same to me. Why are you doing it now?

Last edited by Ded-: 06-27-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Ded- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #70
Lilgreenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded- View Post
I will go ahead and act like somebody who is here.

Give source prick!

You know what im saying right? You said the same to me. Why are you doing it now?
You come back when you've run the biggest HL fan community around for over 8 years, then we'll talk about providing sources.

Smash said it, Chris_D said it. This is real.
Lilgreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #71
tornreaper

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
it would take a lot of effort to do something like that just for attention.
You'd be surprised how far people go for attention.
tornreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #72
WonderfulLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash View Post
Because I know who the source is, but I'm not going to give it away just yet for exclusivity reasons. (Unless it was mentioned in our news post, but I haven't seen the news post)
Uh, guys...
WonderfulLizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #73
Leushenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded- View Post
You said the same to me.
Yes, but the difference is this is actually convincing and interesting.
Leushenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #74
CombineFrieza

Alyx doesn't look like she's modeled after Jamil Mullen anymore, I don't think I can take it. D:
CombineFrieza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #75
luminar2010

dont think its unreasonable to ask for sources, as has been said - if its required of some, then its required of all. thats only fair really. im not saying true or fake - and i dont think everyone is outright decrying them. but be reasonable, if these appeared from anyone but smash or chris_d - noone would buy it. so for the sake of fairness, yeah i think sources are needed. otherwise you cant expect anyone to ever give a source again. sources or no sources, really makes no odds to me, its not life or death, but for the sake of continuity and even handedness, im afraid yeah there needs to be a source
luminar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Episode Two