Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revelations 2012

Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
Lurkys302

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindPower View Post
Could you give me a little more details as to how or why it doesn't launch? Did you install all the requirements listed in the first post? Did you try starting it in debug mode? (there's an entry for that in the Start Menu).

The shutter angle feature determines the amount of movement you want to appear in each frame. You can view a detailed explanation here. It is not a "cheesy way" of calling it, as the effect it produces is exactly the same as the effect you get if you were to modify the shutter angle of a regular video camera.

I'd also like to point out that SrcDemo2 is not by itself a recording program. It is just a wrapper around Source Recorder, which comes built-in to all Source engine games. So you could use that instead, and you wouldn't have to download anything at all (unlike Fraps, which requires you to, you know, download Fraps).
Huh, cheesy? It's a great feature..
Lurkys302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
Stixsworld

The only details I can give as to why it wont launch is...it wont launch.

I mean seriously no error message. No .exe has stopped working. No logs that I could find. Nuthang.

I checked the issues section for my problem and it does have a Not Launching issue reported. But the person that reported apparently isnt running into necessarily the same thing as me.

In that issue report you clearly see him mention being able to open up the SrcDemo2 window. Its apparently after that he is running into problems.

I cant even get a window to popup. Literally I double-click the exe to launch/start it see it in task manager start and jess as fast as it started it stops.

---Stixsmaster
Stixsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #33
WindPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixsworld View Post
The only details I can give as to why it wont launch is...it wont launch.

I mean seriously no error message. No .exe has stopped working. No logs that I could find. Nuthang.

I checked the issues section for my problem and it does have a Not Launching issue reported. But the person that reported apparently isnt running into necessarily the same thing as me.

In that issue report you clearly see him mention being able to open up the SrcDemo2 window. Its apparently after that he is running into problems.

I cant even get a window to popup. Literally I double-click the exe to launch/start it see it in task manager start and jess as fast as it started it stops.

---Stixsmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindPower
Did you try starting it in debug mode? (there's an entry for that in the Start Menu).
5debug
WindPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #34
Stixsworld

I love how you say that with SrcDemo2 you dont needa DL anythang but it for it to work.

Well if it aint launching for me when I try to and your telling to try the debug mode. Well even if I did I bet it would probly say im missing sumthang that I needa DL.

That is a fail.

With Fraps you download Fraps. You arent required to get anythang else.

I should be able to download my game recorder install itself alone and instantly use it with no issues starting it.

I shouldnt have to run the game recorder in debug mode only to have it tell me that im missing this and this and this that I now need to go in search for on the web.

So again I say poor choice in software.

---Stixsmaster
Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #35
GamingAwesome1

Quote:
Blah blah I'm not willing to put in the effort for more high quality work and I'm going to choose to attack your choice in software with the most asinine and frankly dumb argument on the planet, exposing my own ineptitude with any piece of software that isn't "one button does it all for me"

---Stixsmaster
This is more or less what I heard from that.

I'm not saying that more complicated is better, hell I use Fraps, part of the program's appeal is the simplicity but sometimes a bit more work will yield superior results. Again, the program's not a recording utility on its own, it's a wrapper for the currently existing Source Demo Recording thing, of course you'll need another utility to make full use of it and end up with the finest quality source recording possible.

Dude, it's fine if you don't want to use it and/or having problems using. But don't be so utterly ill-mannered towards those trying to help you and just say that you'd much rather stick with a method that's tried and true and works for you.

It's a lot more humble and polite than to try and come up with excuses and make yourself look like a technological incompetent in the process.

Also, your spelling makes it very difficult to grasp what the hell you're saying. I take it English isn't your first language but browsers these days come with built in spell checkers, a cursory glance at this would've told you that "thing" is not spelled "thang" like you're stealing your vocabulary from rap music.
GamingAwesome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #36
Lagg

Quote:
I love how you say that with SrcDemo2 you dont needa DL anythang but it for it to work.

Well if it aint launching for me when I try to and your telling to try the debug mode. Well even if I did I bet it would probly say im missing sumthang that I needa DL.

That is a fail.

With Fraps you download Fraps. You arent required to get anythang else.

I should be able to download my game recorder install itself alone and instantly use it with no issues starting it.

I shouldnt have to run the game recorder in debug mode only to have it tell me that im missing this and this and this that I now need to go in search for on the web.

So again I say poor choice in software.

---Stixsmaster
What kind of moron says and does stuff like:

Quote:
I then launched Sony Vegas Pro 11. I loaded the frap video files I made into it and made sure that resampling was disabled for all files. & reduced interlace. I then rendered it in mp4 format. I made sure to let it do 2 passes to be extra sure with quality. I also gave it the highest quality audio all around possible. I then set it to render in 60 FPS. & to render using my gpu instead of cpu if possible which it was. & then I set the bitrate all around to be 20MB instead of the standard 8MB.
Which can be entirely redundant with what you're uploading to, and then have the gall to say that something is a fail and complain about what you have to download? I've ran this tool just fine before, because I'm not a moron.

I mean obviously it's the tool, how could you with your infinite technical knowledge and grasp of language be at fault here? How?! Black magic, I bet. The cream cheese waterfall has penetrated your very soul.
Lagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #37
Stixsworld

HEHE.

Go ahead yall blur your work away.

---Stixsmaster
Old 05-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #38
Pikabuster

Banned
Quote:
HEHE.

---Stixsmaster
I don't think anyone in this world likes you at all. Oh and btw your videos suck.
Pikabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #39
Stixsworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikabuster View Post
I don't think anyone in this world likes you at all. Oh and btw your videos suck.
This is a quote from: https://code.google.com/p/srcdemo2/wiki/ShutterAngle

Quote:
As you can see, while the video does look very, very smooth, it looks smooth to the point of being sickeningly blurry.
Like I said enjoy blurring away.

No where am I getting false info.

---Stixsmaster
Old 05-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #40
davestanley

Quote:
This is a quote from: https://code.google.com/p/srcdemo2/wiki/ShutterAngle

Like I said enjoy blurring away.

No where am I getting false info.

---Stixsmaster
It only becomes nauseating when you mess up the settings. If you actually tried it, you'd be able to customise how much blur etc. is produced. Or are you just saying this because you don't want to feel like you aren't a computer whiz?

It'd be much better if you tried it, rather than assuming: "Wow lolol it probs wont evn work if i try it."
davestanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #41
Stixsworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestanley View Post
It only becomes nauseating when you mess up the settings. If you actually tried it, you'd be able to customise how much blur etc. is produced. Or are you just saying this because you don't want to feel like you aren't a computer whiz?

It'd be much better if you tried it, rather than assuming: "Wow lolol it probs wont evn work if i try it."
Another thing it clearly states that to achieve the smooth effect it has to blend or like I said resample frames together. Hence causing blur.

Try and please be more constructive. Like me.

---Stixsmaster

P.S. to be clear I am saying blur is a poor trade off for smoothness. Hence why you dont see that crap in my videos and everything actually looks clear and proper and smooth.

Last edited by Stixsworld: 05-20-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
Iainfixie

Quote:
Another thing it clearly states that to achieve the smooth effect it has to blend or like I said resample frames together. Hence causing blur.

Try and please be more constructive. Like me.

---Stixsmaster

P.S. to be clear I am saying blur is a poor trade off for smoothness. Hence why you dont see that crap in my videos and everything actually looks clear and proper and smooth.

Almost every post I've seen you make is filled with some barely legible attack on whomever is asking you a question or pointing out a fault that you've made. If you are a native English speaker, please learn to type better before using the internet. Part of the reason I am writing this game off, and not buying is due to you, just so you know. (Read your unintelligable review, read most of your posts here.) You just seem like a rude child, or someone who has the same mental issues the devs of this drek do.

Thanks for swaying my purchase away from this lump Stixsmaster!
Iainfixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #43
Booke

This thread was great and provided some good laughs at the end of a work day. My favorite part (by far) was:

Quote:
HEHE.

---Stixsmaster
Such a comment about an optional process that's common on most rendering software was priceless. Also, loved the bit about not being able to use it because "it won't launch." Clearly, whatever Dark Artz is paying you isn't enough.

+1, funny
Booke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #44
Booke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iainfixie View Post
Almost every post I've seen you make is filled with some barely legible attack on whomever is asking you a question or pointing out a fault that you've made. If you are a native English speaker, please learn to type better before using the internet. Part of the reason I am writing this game off, and not buying is due to you, just so you know. (Read your unintelligable review, read most of your posts here.) You just seem like a rude child, or someone who has the same mental issues the devs of this drek do.

Thanks for swaying my purchase away from this lump Stixsmaster!
That's the great thing about posters like Stixsmaster. Whether their vehement, zealous, solo defense of something so widely criticized as terrible is genuine or ironic (read: trolling) the effect is the exact same: it gives most readers a further negative impression of the product.

It's no different than people rating this game 8+ on metacritic (of whom Stixsmaster is one). The arguments are so baseless and biased that it serves no purpose other than to deter legitimate readers.

Similarly, Valid Gaming's review did the same thing. They may believe their insane, comical review. It's also possible that they were coerced or encouraged to give the game a brilliant review. With either case, when the only negative things a review has to say about game so widely-regarded as bad are the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid Gaming
Cons

Looks a lot like Left For Dead
It’s not out yet
Very heavily reliant on Mayan culture; which may deter some from playing, seeing as every media outlet is trying to play off of the Mayan Doomsday
Parts of the game like unique artwork or points of interest that relate to Mayan culture may go over many uninformed gamers head unless prompted.
It serves no purpose than to reinforce the fact that it would be a good decision to stay away from this game.

This thread, in entirety, is the exact same thing.
Booke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Revelations 2012