Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
mutikax
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 13
Posts: 179
Did I get dota 2?

hey I just looked at my library on steam and noticed Dota 2
Is it some beta, or was I chose to get this game?
a pic:
http://i47.tinypic.com/3461hjn.jpg
mutikax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
lidec
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 263
Its a beta you got it from entering the survey
lidec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
mutikax
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 13
Posts: 179
why is there a dota 2 test then? lol ;o
mutikax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Slayer2.0
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutikax View Post
hey I just looked at my library on steam and noticed Dota 2
Is it some beta, or was I chose to get this game?
a pic:
http://i47.tinypic.com/3461hjn.jpg
Yes, you're in the beta, if you come from LoL and expect the game to be the same difficulty, HA, it's not.
Slayer2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
ASecondOpinion
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 710
Posts: 3,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutikax View Post
why is there a dota 2 test then? lol ;o
Dota 2 Test is, in a way, a beta of the beta, for testing new heroes and balance changes.
ASecondOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
GirlPower23
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 8325
Posts: 10,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutikax View Post
why is there a dota 2 test then? lol ;o
The Dota 2 Test is to test the patch before it goes live. There are a lot of critical bugs that need to be found before they go to the live client, some bugs are very game breaking. So I understand the point of it.
GirlPower23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
RulingRura
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 412
Posts: 1,348
Congrats. I don't see why this isn't freely available to download. Doesn't everybody have it?
RulingRura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
cortez09
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 628
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutikax View Post
why is there a dota 2 test then? lol ;o
its the beta of the beta so they can find bugs and fix them before shipping to the main game. It prevents people from raging over things thta should not happen and allows the competitive scene to continue with the same settings, in fact one updtes was held because the wildcards were being disputed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RulingRura View Post
Congrats. I don't see why this isn't freely available to download. Doesn't everybody have it?
the beta is only done when all the original heros are ported in i belive, and there have been lots of new features added over the updates
cortez09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
mutikax
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 13
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer2.0 View Post
Yes, you're in the beta, if you come from LoL and expect the game to be the same difficulty, HA, it's not.
no i do not come from lol, i played dota, heard about the survey and did it

so once they put dota 2 for sale, i wont have that game anymore?
mutikax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
GirlPower23
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 8325
Posts: 10,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutikax View Post
no i do not come from lol, i played dota, heard about the survey and did it

so once they put dota 2 for sale, i wont have that game anymore?
Dota 2 will be F2P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez09 View Post
the beta is only done when all the original heros are ported in i belive, and there have been lots of new features added over the updates
The Beta will be done when they can support the influx of hundreds of thousands of new players without the network becoming crippled. Also Yes, the game is very incomplete right now.
GirlPower23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
BernardoOne
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 205
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutikax View Post
no i do not come from lol, i played dota, heard about the survey and did it

so once they put dota 2 for sale, i wont have that game anymore?
Dota 2 will be free.
BernardoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.