Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God

Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Arphahat

Didn't get credit for slaying a god?

Forgive me if this is obvious, but I just started playing today.

I was part of the end rush, got all the way to the end and the guy was killed. But, I don't have a count for killing a god in my steam achievements. Also, are you supposed to get some sort of bonus for killing the god? It seemed like it just ended?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Docman

Which achievement are you going for? Enemy of Gods requires 100 kills, and Slayer of Gods requires 1000 kills. There isn't a way to view your in-game god kill count, unfortunately.

You have to deal the killing blow to get credit. Gods dieing nearby will give you EXP but not credit toward the achievement.
Docman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
ton de mo nai

It sounds to me like you went to Oryx. Oryx, in spite of being the game's namesake as a "Mad God" doesn't count towards god kills.
The god kills in game(and the achievements Doc mentioned) refer to a specific sub-class of enemy, the most dangerous ones in the realm.

As for achievements, there is an achievement for killing Oryx, but you actually have to deal the finishing blow to get credit.
And contrary to popular opinion, there is a way to see how many god kills you have. If you go to your Steam library, click on the game, view all achievements and scroll down past all the ones you've already gotten. Any that require doing something X number of times will have a meter that keeps track of your progress and will tell you how many gods you've killed, party members you've leveled up, and quests you've completed, until you actually earn the achievement.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Docman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ton de mo nai View Post
And contrary to popular opinion, there is a way to see how many god kills you have. If you go to your Steam library, click on the game, view all achievements and scroll down past all the ones you've already gotten. Any that require doing something X number of times will have a meter that keeps track of your progress and will tell you how many gods you've killed, party members you've leveled up, and quests you've completed, until you actually earn the achievement.
Oh cool, I didn't know that. Thanks!
Docman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Arphahat

Ah, thanks for that. Yes, it was when we went to Oryx, and my character was nowhere near powerful enough to have encountered any of the gods.
Arphahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Arphahat

Instead of creating a new thread that is similar to this one, I will revive this one instead.

It doesn't seem like some of the Steam achievement counts are updating properly for me. The gods slayed with one character is at 10 on the ones that track it. But, on the last dood, the in-game stats said 13, so I know something is off. Does it only increment in counts of 10 or something?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphahat View Post
Instead of creating a new thread that is similar to this one, I will revive this one instead.

It doesn't seem like some of the Steam achievement counts are updating properly for me. The gods slayed with one character is at 10 on the ones that track it. But, on the last dood, the in-game stats said 13, so I know something is off. Does it only increment in counts of 10 or something?
Yes, I noticed the same thing, that the counts don't update with each kill. They update in increments of ten while you're still alive, and will only hit numbers that aren't a multiple of ten when your character dies. But even that update isn't always instantaneous. It's a common problem with Steam Achievements, that they don't always update as soon as we want them to; but give it a day or so, and they usually update properly.

And this goes for the achievements related to god kills, party member level ups, and quests completed.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Arphahat

Ah, thanks for the confirmation.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God