Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II

Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Furry_King_Phil

Connecting Problems - Game not found - Multiplayer

Afternoon,

I'm playing CKII together with two friends.

Yesterday we wanted to continue our savegame, this was the first time we used patch 1.06. Before we played with 1.05 there were no connecting problems.

The server opened ports acc. to the manuel:
tcp/udp 27000-27030
udp 3478
udp 4379-4380

The checksums are all the same (I think it was YYEV).

But we didn't found us via opening a "internet game".

So we tried to use hamachi. My server-games were not found, but the game of one friend was found correctly and we joined it. Directly from the beginning I was not synchronized with the server, the third player had no problems. He was synchronized.

Restarting of routers and PCs didn't help.

All in all: My games were not found, neither via internet, nor via hamachi. The games from one friend were only found via hamachi.

Where could be our failure? As I said, before using 1.06. there were no problems. Is there a new port to open for 1.06.?

Anybody an idea?

Thanks a lot!!!

Furry King Phil

Last edited by Furry_King_Phil: 07-03-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
Klionheart

I've heard of a lot of problems with MP since 1.06. The metaserver in particular(for Internet games) seems to be down for now(http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...etaserver-down)

Have you tried a direct IP connection? (without Hamachi - you know how to "open" the server ports so you don't need it).

EDIT: whoa, just noticed the ports you posted. According to this, they have nothing to do with multiplayer games. Try opening the port range 1630 to 1641, both TCP and UDP.

Last edited by Klionheart: 07-03-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Klionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Furry_King_Phil

Thanks for information.

We managed it by opening the ports you mentioned.
But I think the main problem was that my new smartphone took the local IP adress from my router, which was opened to play CK II. So I opened the ports for another local IP adress and the other guys found my server immediately.

Thanks!
Furry_King_Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Klionheart

Ah, I see. That's the risk with using DHCP for everything. If I may, I suggest setting static IP addresses where possible, and setup your DHCP server so it doesn't assign those to anyone. Or disable it altogether if you don't really need it
Klionheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II