Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tribes: Ascend

Old 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Salad_Fingers

Game unavailable?

Anyone else? Installed, says launching "Step 1 of 1," then stops, with message "The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time."

Tried restarting Steam and my computer.

Too many people trying to log at once or something?
Old 06-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Sonikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Fingers View Post
Anyone else? Installed, says launching "Step 1 of 1," then stops, with message "The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time."

Tried restarting Steam and my computer.

Too many people trying to log at once or something?
May be your download-region being used too heavily right now. It happens, then. Try changing your download region in Steam's settings.
Sonikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Vulgore

same for me I dont know what to do....I downloaded it from the offcial site at first....saw they had a starter pack on steam so I bought that then I couldnt get the starter pack to work from that version I uninstalled and got the steam version one and now it wont even start it says game unavailable its been that way for an hour....
Vulgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
scodavis

I think it started about an hour ago. My download started choking and now has died completely at 74%.

Tried stopping and restarting Steam, rebooting, nothing works.

My internet is up and running. What's happening?
scodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
CaptWalters

I have the same problem. Error message says this game is unavailable at this time. Try again later. Thats now a week I have been trying and done everything that Steam has in the trouble shooting. Still nothing and same message. Bloody annoyed! Can anyone help with simple instruction? Thanks.
Ian
CaptWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
PixZomb

Try verifying the integrity of game cache, maybe it helps. (in the game library, right click the game go to properties then in local files press Verify integrity of game cache)
PixZomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
kimasamune

I've got the same problem. It's fully downloaded but it's just sitting at 'download paused' (it's not actually paused). According to the download section it's done the full 4,048.5 MB/4,048.5 MB but it won't start - "Game Unavailable".

Verifying game cache doesn't work, restarting steam / computer doesn't work, changing download location doesn't work. It's been like this for a day now.

It was working fine before I got the Steam version (been playing since beta) - I had copied over my beta files to the Steam directory + a verify cache (which ended up redownloading 80% of it anyway). I'd really love to keep playing this game, but it won't let me.
kimasamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
emwearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimasamune View Post
I've got the same problem. It's fully downloaded but it's just sitting at 'download paused' (it's not actually paused). According to the download section it's done the full 4,048.5 MB/4,048.5 MB but it won't start - "Game Unavailable".

Verifying game cache doesn't work, restarting steam / computer doesn't work, changing download location doesn't work. It's been like this for a day now.

It was working fine before I got the Steam version (been playing since beta) - I had copied over my beta files to the Steam directory + a verify cache (which ended up redownloading 80% of it anyway). I'd really love to keep playing this game, but it won't let me.
I am having the exact same issue.
emwearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
kimasamune

Deleting local content and redownloading the entire game fixed it. So I assume it had to do with copying the Beta files over, even if they were verified, they still broke it. I'd guess that it would be possible to fix this by only deleting one or a few specific files that were causing the issue, but I just redownloaded from scratch.
kimasamune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
XTwos

If you used old files from the non-Steam version (copied to Steam folder instead of re-downloading whole game) and the game doesn't launch, you can search for all files that are older than the date of your Steam install. Delete those files and then verify integrity of game cache on Steam. It should fix it by downloading the missing files instead of using old ones (was 500mb for me).
XTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #11
michaelar

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTwos View Post
If you used old files from the non-Steam version (copied to Steam folder instead of re-downloading whole game) and the game doesn't launch, you can search for all files that are older than the date of your Steam install. Delete those files and then verify integrity of game cache on Steam. It should fix it by downloading the missing files instead of using old ones (was 500mb for me).
Give this man a medal -- this is exactly the right fix. Thanks very much!
michaelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
blackybd

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTwos View Post
Thanks!
blackybd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Jabenin

So does this mean I have to download the whole game again!?!?
Jabenin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tribes: Ascend