Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Filmmaker

Old 07-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
pwfd

I also have the issue with black player models.

A couple improvements I think would be nice to have:
- Backpack hack to allow access to all items in the game
- Automatically lock weapons to player models (it's better to unlock them if needed than going out there and locking them everytime, imo at least, it could also be an option when recording)
pwfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #32
ProwerPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwfd View Post
I also have the issue with black player models.

A couple improvements I think would be nice to have:
- Backpack hack to allow access to all items in the game
- Automatically lock weapons to player models (it's better to unlock them if needed than going out there and locking them everytime, imo at least, it could also be an option when recording)
I think I heard someone say that SFM is working on an older version of TF2 at the moment, so I'm not sure if items could be compatible.
ProwerPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
zhrooms

Now I got the stupid bug where the filmmaker doesn't start..

I double click the Source Filmmaker, the splash screen appears, then the application itself appears, but it's all white and doesn't change, if I press the screen in any way it will instantly show up as "Not Responding"

The thing is that it worked fine yesterday, completed the tutorial, restarted the computer worked like a charm, and suddenly today it didn't start at all, the application just didn't start after the splash screen, I reinstalled Source Filmmaker, and instead of not showing up, the white screen appeared.

I've tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers 4 times (4 different drivers), removed and installed Adobe Flash, disabled NOD32 AntiVirus, shut off Fraps/MSI Afterburner, disabled my Soundcard/Microphone, reinstalled the Source Filmmaker

Nothing works, still that stupid White screen, and what jaratees me off is that IT WORKED PERFECTLY YESTERDAY

It needs to get fixed A S A P, because I can't do about it, I shouldn't have to reinstall my OS, like if it would even work..

Picture of the filmmaker after splash screen:
http://i.imgur.com/7GxP6.jpg
(If I press anything it instantly goes from "Source Filmmaker" to "Source Filmmaker (Not Responding)"
zhrooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #34
Cpt. Mad Megane

The Scout HWM model doesn't have any bodygroups. So you can't remove the default cap and headset. There is no "Set Body" option upon right-clicking him in the Animation Set Editor. Changing the value in the ElementViewer does nothing.
Cpt. Mad Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #35
Lozenger

I have the same black playermodel issue as others, though doesn't particularly bother me as the model still appears properly once recorded in the shot, not sure if others get that too?

My problem is a minor one, in that I imported a few .mdls such as L4D2 survivors and zombies to the model folders, but when attempting to view them, they just don't appear at all, or properly in-game, just the bones when holding down alt.
Occasionally get a crash to desktop when browsing though the .mdls I imported too. My fault though on that one I expect!
Lozenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #36
Calabi

Is this going to have tablet support(wacom tablet)? I prefer to use this sort of software with a pen.
Calabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #37
Cpt. Mad Megane

I don't know whether it is a bug or not, but "Report Bug" and "Contact Us" in the Help drop down menu do nothing. No windows opening, and my browser doesn't open any sites either that would be appropriate for those options.

That said, I wish there was some sort of feedback that the reports here are read. :/
Cpt. Mad Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
Nacimota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mad Megane View Post
Recording always adds a new camera. However, upon deleting takes by right-clicking on shots and using Clean Up -> Managing Takes, those cameras continue to exist, cluttering up the selection.
Yep, this is annoying me too. You can remove the extra cameras by adding an animation set to them and then removing the animation set, but that seems like a kind of arbitrary and roudabout solution to a problem that really shouldn't be there in the first place (by which, I mean, deleting a take should also delete the associated camera).

Quote:
Having something to adjust the volume of SFM aside form just a mute button would be nice. Right now, all sound coming from it is awfully loud for me.
That would be nice. If you're on Windows Vista or higher you can use the Windows sound mixer to set per-application volume levels.

Quote:
Trying to delete an animation set for a camera will only tell you that it's not possible, but won't state why. I apologize in advance if that is being covered in a later part of the instructional videos.
You can't delete the animation set for the current camera (doesn't matter if you have the work camera selected or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ornafulsamee View Post
Add a walking animation (omg PLEASE STEAM GIVE US THIS ANIMATION)
Pretty sure movement animations already exist on the player models.

Quote:
I don't know whether it is a bug or not, but "Report Bug" and "Contact Us" in the Help drop down menu do nothing. No windows opening, and my browser doesn't open any sites either that would be appropriate for those options.
They're basically email links. They should open up your email client and create a new message addressed to sfmbugs@valvesoftware.com and sfmteam@valvesoftware.com, respectively. If you don't have an email client set up, they probably do nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabi View Post
Is this going to have tablet support(wacom tablet)? I prefer to use this sort of software with a pen.
Why? And I ask that as a tablet user (I have an Intuos 4 large); I don't really see how tablet support significantly improves the experience since there isn't really anything that requires extremely fine cursor precision (as far as I am aware, anyway).
Nacimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #39
CodeBrain

I sent emails but I am just posting what I said here to see if others have solutions/having the same issue as me.

Quote:
When attempting to place a particle system animation set, the particle system does not appear in front of any camera, like when adding a model. Instead, according to the element viewer, it is spawning at 0,0,0. It does this for any particle system, only in one instance has a particle system appeared in front of my work camera, and I didn't like how it looked so I removed it.

Steps to reproduce (on my machine):

1. Add a particle system
2. Select particle system
3. The particle system is no where to be found, and the element viewer lists the particle system at position 0,0,0. However when going to that position the particle system is not there.

I tried looking all over the map I was using, and could not find it anywhere. The only thing I think that could fix it is if you could edit the position of it via the element viewer, but this doesn't seem to do anything. Probably has to do with what Bay said when he was discussing the element viewer.

Expected results: Particle system selectable and moveable in front of the currently select camera, like when adding a model
Observed results: Particle systems spawns at 0,0,0 and cannot be moved due to it being outside the world

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Graphics/Video Card: ATI Radeon 5850 HD
Source Filmmaker Version: 0.9.5.2 (beta)
Quote:
When attempting to select the rockettrails particle system, DMXConvert.exe crashes with the following log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dmxconvert.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4fea3d21
Fault Module Name: dmxconvert.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fea3d21
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000645d2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

While Source Filmmaker does not crash, the combo box showing the list of particles under the system is empty and unselectable. Selecting a different particle system does not produce this error. Validating cache files does not fix this error.

Expected results: Being able to edit the rockettrails particle system like any other particle system
Observed results: dmxconvert.exe crashes, and provides the log I posted above

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Graphics/Video Card: ATI Radeon 5850 HD
Source Filmmaker Version: 0.9.5.2 (beta)
CodeBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #40
Calabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacimota View Post
Why? And I ask that as a tablet user (I have an Intuos 4 large); I don't really see how tablet support significantly improves the experience since there isn't really anything that requires extremely fine cursor precision (as far as I am aware, anyway).
I dont know, because I dont like having to keep moving my tablet around. I like to use it for most programs.
Calabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #41
BlackoutIsHere

pl_badwater crash

If I get the cart to the final checkpoint on pl_badwater the SFM freezes and crashes.
BlackoutIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #42
Assbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhrooms View Post
Now I got the stupid bug where the filmmaker doesn't start..

I double click the Source Filmmaker, the splash screen appears, then the application itself appears, but it's all white and doesn't change, if I press the screen in any way it will instantly show up as "Not Responding"

The thing is that it worked fine yesterday, completed the tutorial, restarted the computer worked like a charm, and suddenly today it didn't start at all, the application just didn't start after the splash screen, I reinstalled Source Filmmaker, and instead of not showing up, the white screen appeared.

I've tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers 4 times (4 different drivers), removed and installed Adobe Flash, disabled NOD32 AntiVirus, shut off Fraps/MSI Afterburner, disabled my Soundcard/Microphone, reinstalled the Source Filmmaker

Nothing works, still that stupid White screen, and what jaratees me off is that IT WORKED PERFECTLY YESTERDAY

It needs to get fixed A S A P, because I can't do about it, I shouldn't have to reinstall my OS, like if it would even work..

Picture of the filmmaker after splash screen:
http://i.imgur.com/7GxP6.jpg
(If I press anything it instantly goes from "Source Filmmaker" to "Source Filmmaker (Not Responding)"
I'm having the same exact problem. Anyone know anything about this?
Assbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #43
BlackoutIsHere

Dispensers can't be upgraded

Like the title says: Dispensers can't be upgraded

Last edited by BlackoutIsHere: 07-07-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typo
BlackoutIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #44
spencecool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutIsHere View Post
Like the OP title says: Dispensers can't be upgraded
I saw someone post something like "Blahblahblah game runs on the old beta" So I think you can't upgrade Dispensers, but if level 2 or 3 models exist, why not model swap?

Last edited by spencecool: 07-07-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: quote makes no sense
spencecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #45
robink93

http://f2.braxupload.se/ndaoeh.screenshot.png

I guess this is a bug? Pretty much stuck here.

Went back a page, i'll see if it works.
Yep, cool.

Last edited by robink93: 07-08-2012 at 06:24 AM.
robink93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Filmmaker

Tags
beta , bug report , feedback , filmmaker , source