Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
TheFirestorm214

VAC Banned me.

So it says that Iím banned from ďsome secure servers because of a cheating infractionĒ Well then I guess playing averagely like I always do, not to bad not to good just average, can get me banned. obviously being sarcastic, but hey I get to be after what the hell just happen to me because I really donít know what the hell happen to me. I donít even know where to start because there is no start, just an end I guess. Well basically what happen was I got on to steam late at midnight on a Friday and I had just notice I gotten the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta, so I was excited to play it why not downloaded it then played it was fun but then it was getting late and I had gotten off of it, that was it. I woke up and I found that I was banned from what I had said in the beginning in this text, thatís itÖ

The only thing I know I could of got banned was cheating on a Valve Anti-Cheat game, but I had never cheated not even and trainer for a VAC game not an absolute thing that was put into any VAC game(excluding skins) so how could of this of happen? Am I missing something that could have been triggered? Which I could have not think in any way that could happen, the only new program that was put into my computer was Xpadder, anything else could not be, because Iíve had for monthís now nothing could have done anything to set the ban, and yes I know that the bans are delayed but Iím pretty sure nothing could have happen of what Iím trying to think of. The only VAC gameís that I have played in the last two weeks is Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source and last Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta thatís it. Anyways Iíve contacted steam support and I guess I will have to wait some more and some more oh the fun! I think VAC needs a checkup, itís awfully sick.
PS. sorry for writing to much I'm bored, as you can see.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
TeKraken

VAC detects cheat software automatically. So it must have picked up something.

Have a read of this:

A list of what is allowed VAC game modifications.

Added:
Support will be able to check your ban but they wont divulge any info about it.

Last edited by TeKraken: 07-09-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Added
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
TheDarkMessiah

Nice thread!

VAC bans are delayed ones, you probably cheated in the late June or something in one of the following games: TF2, CS:S, CS:GO. Or maybe someone stole your account credentials and cheated with it. But that's bloody unlikely.

Sorry, but people are lying, and I see no reason to trust you...

You did right thing about creating a ticket in Steam Support, they can confirm is your VAC ban is deserved or not.

If you cheated, there is no point to lie now, since your ban will not be reversed.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
Tito Shivan

Contact support, they'll verify if your ban is correct. They won't disclose info about what got you banned.

As VAC works on a delayed basis, there is no way to know what and when triggered your ban. However, as VAC works on detection of known cheats, i have a hard time believing the ban came from thin air.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
Nekomancer

CS:GO has it's own ban "range" which only affects CS:GO, so we have cheats on at least two games.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #6
Karr-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomancer View Post
CS:GO has it's own ban "range" which only affects CS:GO, so we have cheats on at least two games.
or maybe an attempt to disable VAC?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #7
polka

Quote:
Cheating in one of the following Source games will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list:
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Day of Defeat: Source
Team Fortress 2
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
taken from here
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...-6869#vacgames

so according to that, a ban in any source game on that list will give you a csgo vac ban.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
spartan0078

Wow, this is the most properly punctuated post about a VAC ban I've ever read lol .

You cheated somewhere, VAC bans are delayed, they don't happen instantly. If you DIDN'T cheat (which I doubt), contact support and if It is a false positive they will help you.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #9
Nekomancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka View Post
taken from here
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...-6869#vacgames

so according to that, a ban in any source game on that list will give you a csgo vac ban.
That is kinda surprising, since they started doing single game bans starting with Left 4 Dead. Well, thanks for correcting me.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #10
cylon

Is this ACTUALLY a VAC ban or is it a message you have had somewhere else? On your account profile does it say "Ban(s) on Record|?" if it does, click it and it will tell you which games you are banned from.

VAC is usually more specific than "some servers".
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion