Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fray

Old 07-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #16
benzidrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkByke View Post
I understood the meaning behind your post.... but unfortunately everyone who posts on Steam forums are 12 year olds, they won't get it. They just want to complain without knowing the value in hard work and development.
Maybe we understood the meaning and disagreed with that meaning.

I place zero value on their hard work and development, all they have a achieved at this point is a rip off. I absolutely do not care about their feelings and baffled as to why I would. Game development is a business not pre-school hopscotch.
benzidrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
SoleControl

To OP:
What exactly was the point of this thread? To "talk sense" to the common 'rabble'?

I never understand these sort of threads that are seemingly soapbox self righteousness and I'm only responding to it because I thought the thread and your long-winded post was actually going to comment on the gameplay.
You know, have an actual point and some constructive words to be shared.

Instead it was just an attention-seeking waste of 1 minute.

Thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my life. (+1 to write this)
SoleControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
jimrad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleControl View Post
To OP:
What exactly was the point of this thread? To "talk sense" to the common 'rabble'?

I never understand these sort of threads that are seemingly soapbox self righteousness and I'm only responding to it because I thought the thread and your long-winded post was actually going to comment on the gameplay.

I stopped reading after he stated he didnt own the game. When in the same shoes, I may listen. Pampering bad developers is just a waste of time. Good developers get my money, bad ones need to just go away.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
jnecros

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrune View Post
nor have I played the game.
lol? I did not read your post by the way, just that one line there
jnecros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #20
MJBrune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleControl View Post
To OP:

I didn't make this thread to say you shouldn't complain but to say that if you complain it should have some sort of feedback in the complaint. "game sucks, don't buy" and etc comments are ridiculous and provide no helpful data to the developers or potential customers. The general reaction to this game has been without details to why it's bad.

Also if you had read my post I stated up at the top the fact that I had not played the game. Also I don't see how I wasted your time because you were compelled to reply. This is the exact self-entitlement I was trying to combat in the first place. I owe you time because you were browsing the forums and: 1. decided to read my entire post (poorly with your terrible comprehension skills.) then 2. decided on your own free will to leave a comment.

Now I am not saying that not receiving a refund for a game you hardly played (under 10 minutes of play) nor am I saying that this game is okay to sell at what seems to be the state it is in.

What I am saying is that these people are hard working people and that they are not criminals and you people aren't the internet police.

Stop screaming to have them arrested just because they have made a mistake. It's not a hard mistake to make, testing is such a HUGE part of software development that it costs tons of money to do any sort of substantial testing. If steam won't allow you a refund then the best thing to do is to give proper feedback to the developers in hopes it will turn into a game you would be happy to pay for.

If that doesn't interest you then drop the entire thing and cut your losses. I know ten dollars is, in my opinion, a lot of money. It's an entire video game or perhaps 2-4 during sales times. Screaming in the forums that the developers are criminals because steam has qualified your playtime of the game under the limit to get a refund is between you and steam.

Also again yelling in the forum won't help you. Try calmly talking to support, perhaps try for steam wallet money or credit or etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad1 View Post
I stopped reading after he stated he didnt own the game. When in the same shoes, I may listen. Pampering bad developers is just a waste of time. Good developers get my money, bad ones need to just go away.
I am not pampering a bad developer. I am simply saying they aren't criminals. I am not saying you should support them but I am also pointing out that half the things you are blaming them for is not their fault.

Last edited by MJBrune: 07-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.
MJBrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:45 AM   #21
benzidrine

No one has stated they were criminals that I have seen yet you seem really hung up on arguing against something no one is saying. I genuinely think you have some issue with this idea of people being accused of crime that goes beyond any game or developer, why is this?
benzidrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
Tapewormz

George W Bush "It's got a lot of numbers in it."
Tapewormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
jimrad1

Oh brother..........a developers apologist in action here.

1/2 not their fault? Actually 100% their fault. They programmed it, and poorly I might add. They released it without testing, and no ones heard from them since. I think the fault is well earned. Whether its criminal or not, depends what they knew when it was released. If they knowingly released it with game stopping bugs then its fraud.

Im a programmer as well, and if I submitted work like this to my boss? I wouldnt have a job today. No excuse for this. Its sloppy, its lazy, and too quickly released. 100% on them.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #24
greenman42

I'm still trying to figure out the "bag of chips" analogy. If you related it back to digital sales then wouldn't ALL the bags of the same chips be empty as well?
greenman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #25
Nuclearshadow

I think this deserves a perfectly civil response. I do not agree with you OP but I do feel that I understand you. A software product should always be released on a presentable level. Flaws including bugs are fine and should be expected to a minor degree. This game did not provide a reasonable quality of release.

While the developers no doubt aimed for the best quality possible in all aspects of the development including being stable it sadly was not meant to be. But they released the game anyways in such a state. This does not look good for them and it creates worry that if they would release in such a state will they invest the necessary resources to fix it. This isn't a paranoid fear and has been seen before, just look at Stormrise which was made by Creative Assembly which had much more resources at their disposal and yet walked away from a still broken game.

Almost always a games majority of sales and the profits it brings are within a short period of time of release. There is no doubt this game did not sell very well and likely disappointingly so. With the mix of this and the state of the release it is hard to put faith into the developers, while again I am sure they try their best sometimes even one's best leads to failure. This is a fair judgement given by their actions and quality of work.

Sadly there is another reason to pass on the game and that is the game-play itself was also deemed as poor. So even if the release was reasonable this fact would still remain and that alone is warrant enough to skip this title. The developers are likely great people who tried their best but sadly in the end they failed. I hope they take what they learned and try again and succeed next time and the rejection of this game is what will truly help them to do that.
Nuclearshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
number3son

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrune View Post
I am not saying you should support them but I am also pointing out that half the things you are blaming them for is not their fault.
Which parts of the game are not the developer's fault, exactly?
number3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #27
Flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by number3son View Post
Which parts of the game are not the developer's fault, exactly?
Valve not giving out refunds if you've played the game too much is not the developers fault, even though the developer is getting the blame for it, here and elsewhere.

Don't they teach basic reading comprehension at school anymore?
Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fray