Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Filmmaker

Old 07-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Megask8man

Please make Source Film Maker for Mac!

I applied for the source film maker beta, and got the invitation to download it. But when I clicked the install button it said it wasn't for my platform (I have a Mac.) So Valve, please, do us mac users a favor and make source film maker for mac too. Because if your like me, I use my mac for video editing and Source Film Maker would be a very helpful tool. Make it happen Valve, please?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Seph64

It may or may not happen, my suggestion is to have a Bootcamp partition created and use Windows if they do not.
Seph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
yoshibirdofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megask8man View Post
I applied for the source film maker beta, and got the invitation to download it. But when I clicked the install button it said it wasn't for my platform (I have a Mac.) So Valve, please, do us mac users a favor and make source film maker for mac too. Because if your like me, I use my mac for video editing and Source Film Maker would be a very helpful tool. Make it happen Valve, please?
AGREED!!!!!!!!
yoshibirdofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Megask8man

I do have parallels desktop, which is where you can run Windows on a mac, but I want to make it simple and download it on my mac. If they don't come out with Source Film Maker for Mac, parallels is my only option.
Megask8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Amy Rose

Quote:
The Mac users that got the beta keys won't be using them unless they use windows alternatives, i.e. bootcamp, parallels, PC. So yeah, unless you got one of those, your keys will be of no use until a Mac update comes out months after the program goes official
Amy Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Dark Lyra

I'm probably assuming that like all the other betas existing, they're mostly Windows-exclusive.
Since SFM, when filming, runs on the Source engine, once it officially releases, I think it'll be Windows+Mac compatible.
Dark Lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
hungry carrot

i agree, i have a pc, but i use my mac for all my music editing and tf2 sessions, this would be a good move for valve, seeing as how alot of producers and film junkies use mac's
hungry carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
DirkDunkirke

Not really much to add that hasn't already been covered by others here.

I'll just add a "Hear! Hear!" to the cries of "please bring the Source Film Maker to the Mac". I know I could run it through boot camp, but I don't particularly want to partition my hard drive for the sake of a few game-related apps.
DirkDunkirke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
yoshibirdofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDunkirke View Post
Not really much to add that hasn't already been covered by others here.

I'll just add a "Hear! Hear!" to the cries of "please bring the Source Film Maker to the Mac". I know I could run it through boot camp, but I don't particularly want to partition my hard drive for the sake of a few game-related apps.
Honestly though, what's preventing Valve from making a Mac version? Mac users usually tend to be very creative individuals, and this is very creative software. sigh.
yoshibirdofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
Amy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshibirdofan View Post
Honestly though, what's preventing Valve from making a Mac version? Mac users usually tend to be very creative individuals, and this is very creative software. sigh.
Because TF2 was created and programed on Microsoft Excel 2007, and Mac is the centre of the arts universe
Amy Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
Hatake Kakashi

Quote:

You spelled hipsters wrong.
Hatake Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
blueglove92

PLEASE!!! I need SFM For MAC!!!
blueglove92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
StabMasterJozzz

Quote:
I do have parallels desktop, which is where you can run Windows on a mac, but I want to make it simple and download it on my mac. If they don't come out with Source Film Maker for Mac, parallels is my only option.
Use Bootcamp, parrallels is terrible.

Quote:
Mac users usually tend to be very creative individuals, and this is very creative software. sigh.
haha oh my
StabMasterJozzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
Bitl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Rose View Post
Because TF2 was created and programed on Microsoft Excel 2007, and Mac is the centre of the arts universe
Excuse me, I thought games were programmed in Visual Studio, not Excel.
Bitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #15
Seph64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitl View Post
Excuse me, I thought games were programmed in Visual Studio, not Excel.
Someone's joke detector is not working.
Seph64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source Filmmaker