Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nation Red

Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
SnowBrigade

DiezelPower
Post Version 1.99 Changelog

Hello everyone,

Just in case you missed the changelog on Steam news, here is a more detailed list of changes/additions and fixes in version 1.98.

Valve was kind enough to quickly update the game to 1.99 last night to fix a bug in Auto Perk mode, otherwise this version is identical to 1.98.

Another addition starting from this version is that new achievements can be 'reset' if you want to try for them again

To do this, pull down the console using the ~ or ` keys, and type: clear 'achievementname' and press enter. So for this version, you can type:

clear wipeout, clear collateral, clear fifteenm and clear thirtym to reset those individual achievements.
  • - Added a new Barricade map: Prison (playable in Single Player, Local Coop and On-line Coop). Many players have asked for a map without NPCs to protect. The Prison map has no NPCs plus four fence corridors on the left and right side of the map from which zombies are escaping. Each escape route is initially handled by 3 concrete barriers and a sentry gun.

• - Added difficulty setting in Free Play and Barricade game menu. You can now select Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard and Severe settings before starting a game. You can then still fine-tune by using TAB during the first minute of gameplay.

• - Counterblow no longer affects bosses in multiplayer games

New Steam achievements:

• Fifteen Minutes In Jail: Survive for 15 minutes on the Prison barricade map

• Thirty Minutes In Jail: Survive for 30 minutes on the Prison barricade map

• Red 101: Collect 100 Nation Red achievements

• Collateral: In a Free Play or Barricade game, choose Friendly Fire and use the M107 sniper rifle to kill 50 suicide bombers

• Wipeout: In Free Play or Survival, kill 100 zombies within the first 30 seconds of the game (hint: use the new difficulty settings)

Strategic Mode:

• - Hitting a key jumps straight to perks beginning with that letter; i.e. hitting 'P' will jump to 'Pneumatic Destroyer'. This makes picking perks much quicker and easier.

• - Increased scroll speed to navigate the perk list

Weapons:

• - Improved crosshair accuracy. Projectiles will target the center of the crosshairs more accurately.

• - Reduced reload times of the Uzi, Dual Uzi and Mp5 weapons by 30%

• - Overhauled the flamethrower weapon: improved line of fire and reduced reload time by 30%. You'll be able to use it to selectively kill instead of just aiming in a wide arc/area.

Local Coop:

• - Added console option for player #1 using the mouse+keyboard and players #2, 3 and 4 using a gamepad. Pull down the console with '~' or '`' keys and type: localcoopusekb <enter>. The game will remember this setting for future games

Gamepad/Controller:

• Added being able to join games using gamepad A and X buttons

Menu:

• - Number of bodies option: updated so when set to zero (0), all bodies fade out immediately, no bodies linger on screen. Use this for a clean battlefield without bodies being confused with live zombies.

• - Added an option to disable comms/radial menu (useful for gamepad users who accidentally press down the thumbstick)

• - Initial number of zombies on map scales according to difficulty setting. Use high settings for Fastest 100 and 1000 kills leaderboards. You should be able to hit 100 kills in less than 30 secs. when playing on Severe or in Survival Mode.

• - Shared XP setting now remembered correctly when setting up a game lobby

• - Several small bugfixes
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Endy73

Thank you for your efforts.
Endy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Tymon

You're so awesome snow! I'm loving the new map! also, the game is a lot more smoother and flame thrower can burn normal zombie zeds into a crisp quite nicely!

"Added difficulty setting in Free Play and Barricade game menu. You can now select Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard and Severe settings before starting a game" - Any chance we can have very easy and severe in co-op mode? (Although I'm more interested in Severe )
Tymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Lord_Arschbacke

Glad to see that this game is still getting content. Too bad that its still not available for Mac. (Will it ever be?)
Lord_Arschbacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
daflipp

Thanks for the update. Great to see that the game still receives updates.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
bobby2431

Hello, can you play the game (now/at the moment)?? It shows me there is a problem with steam??
bobby2431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Scorcher24

Works fine for me
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Uckfay Ooyay

Banned
i've been playing your game for almost two years now and i think it's a shame you had to give in to all the whining cry-babies and nerf the snare into a state of near uselessness.
i still don't understand why you can't just automatically give the perk to the killer. i don't know how many times i've saved another players bacon from a distance while they are going toe-to-toe with a boss and would have otherwise gone down but instead get the all the drops and usually it's a single ghost with a pistol in the middle of a hard game...

on another note, i think medics should heal 100% and other classes 50%. you can't get two steps after being revived on that new map, on a hard game without going down again. it would be nice to have some sort of fighting chance, maybe 2 or 3 seconds of temporary invulnerability at least...

also the game flat-out locked up on me today, a very, very rare occurrence...
Uckfay Ooyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #9
mustymustaine

I was playing Nation Red with friends today, the room was full but during the game, I noticed some ''player joined lobby'' messages like the picture below, not sure if it's normal.

http://imgur.com/ibL1F
mustymustaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustymustaine View Post
I was playing Nation Red with friends today, the room was full but during the game, I noticed some ''player joined lobby'' messages like the picture below, not sure if it's normal.

http://imgur.com/ibL1F
Yep, that is normal, well at least you can know if someone is joining in your game or leaving it.
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
mustymustaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Yep, that is normal, well at least you can know if someone is joining in your game or leaving it.
The problem is the room was full (also set as 'friends only'), it shouldn't appear on the browser list isn't it?
mustymustaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
Quick

Oh wait, just noticed you had full game. hmm, that's interesting.
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
SnowBrigade

DiezelPower
Hello mustymustaine,

It's just Steam glitching, and you are seeing a P2P join message meant for another lobby. The game isn't on the browser list or anything, and those people aren't actually in the game.

All Nation Red lobbies have a maximum of 4 people, which is all handled by Steam itself (i.e. the lobbies are handled on the Steam servers).

Unfortunately sometimes the Steam lobby system has some glitches, such as not being able to re-join a friends' game, or not being able to see a friends' game etc.

L4D2 also has these same issues sometimes (google for them)

People assume it's the game and ask me to fix them but actually all of the lobbies are handled by Steam itself; I cannot change anything there.

But luckily they are usually just glitches
SnowBrigade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nation Red