Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The

Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Krontimus

Unhappy Why Does The Sims 3 Freeze/Unfreeze Constantly?

About every 6 seconds or so the game freezes for about 5 seconds although it is frozen some animations still occur such as the Sims 3 logo spinning above my Sims head however time is stopped and I cannot move the cursor I am playing on the lowest possible graphics quality although my computer specs far surpass the reccomended requirements the strange thing is this started happening today and never really happened before then my specs are
Processor: Intel core i5 approximately 2.3 GHz
RAM: 4 Gigs A Ram
Additional: Latest Video Card Drivers
Etc...
So I am really confused for example I am able to play Diablo 3 maxed out graphics with no problems can anyone help me?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
turistas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krontimus View Post
About every 6 seconds or so the game freezes for about 5 seconds although it is frozen some animations still occur such as the Sims 3 logo spinning above my Sims head however time is stopped and I cannot move the cursor I am playing on the lowest possible graphics quality although my computer specs far surpass the reccomended requirements the strange thing is this started happening today and never really happened before then my specs are
Etc...
So I am really confused for example I am able to play Diablo 3 maxed out graphics with no problems can anyone help me?
you got a lot of eps? i got them all and i only have a little lag when going into home view..
i honestly have no idea.. specially if u have a pc like that .. (using intel i5 too)

..you using mods? might be outdated .. but seriously.. on lowest settings.. something not right.
turistas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Krontimus

I know it's strange I have no mods or anything like that?
Krontimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Kagnesti

Krontimus i have had this happen before and could not figure out how to fix it. i only own sims 3 hardcopy not on steam and no packs for it. the way i fixed it was to While in game, press Control+Shift+C on your keyboard to bring up the code console then type in resetsim * that is how i fixed it. some sim may be stuck and unable to do their action so the game tends to hang alot when this occurs due to the fact it is attempting to fix it but is unable to.

While in game, press Control+Shift+C on your keyboard to bring up the code console then type in resetsim *

try that and see if it works. you must include the space and the * as the * mark indicates every single sim in the town.

my spcs:
i5 3570k processor
8gb ram g.skill ripjaws x
gtx 670 SLI mode
Win. 7

Last edited by Kagnesti: 07-07-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: my PC specs.
Kagnesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
spyrochaete

Kagnesti's suggestion should work. This error is caused by a computer-controlled Sim getting stuck somewhere in town. It's super obnoxious.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
ShockLobster

Lame as it is, what Kagnesti said is the thing that works for me. Then you're in the clear for another 15 to 30mins until some Sim or another bogs the game.

Google up 'NRAAS overwatch' and 'NRAAS story progression'. Those are also two good mods that help clean up EA's sloppy background npc Sim activity management.
ShockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
Chowder7116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krontimus View Post
Etc...
What Graphics card do you have?The problem with my comp was overheating.I fixed that and my fps soared up to 60 fps.
Chowder7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
bunnyCrucru

Fixing this is kind of like voodoo. In addition to the above suggestions:

I find my game starts to freeze every few seconds once the neighborhood has been running several days with several saves. Often I can fix the problem by using "Save as..." to save the neighborhood to a new file. The fresh saves seems to help it out a bit, though I'd hesitate to guess why.
bunnyCrucru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
lordcrekit

I found the answer on some forum somewhere. It's because EA can't be bothered to write working pathing, so sims get stuck on objects that don't exist and freeze up the game. I have to reset my town constantly and I haven't even used story progression or anything.
lordcrekit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
mbs357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagnesti View Post
Krontimus i have had this happen before and could not figure out how to fix it. i only own sims 3 hardcopy not on steam and no packs for it. the way i fixed it was to While in game, press Control+Shift+C on your keyboard to bring up the code console then type in resetsim * that is how i fixed it. some sim may be stuck and unable to do their action so the game tends to hang alot when this occurs due to the fact it is attempting to fix it but is unable to.

While in game, press Control+Shift+C on your keyboard to bring up the code console then type in resetsim *

try that and see if it works. you must include the space and the * as the * mark indicates every single sim in the town.

my spcs:
i5 3570k processor
8gb ram g.skill ripjaws x
gtx 670 SLI mode
Win. 7
You are a hero of the modern era.
mbs357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The