Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
jackyflc

Stuttering in Full Screen

I have been having weird stuttering in game whenever it's playing on full screen, although they were no FPS drop at all.

Here are my PC specs :-
I5 3570k OC 4.2ghz
AMD 7970
8gb DDR3
Win 7 64bit.

I have tried disabling Vsync and also mouse acceleration but nothing seems to help. It is causing the game to become really unplayable.

Anyone?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
whitelion1284

If your frame rate goes above the refresh rate of your monitor there will be oddities. Most commonly experienced as micro stutter. Use an FPS limiter and cap your framerate above 35 but below 60. It makes for a smoother and more enjoyable experience.

Cheers.
whitelion1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
jackyflc

I've tried using DXTORY to limit the FPS to 60. And oddly, the stuttering had gone away. Although I really do not wish to use a third party app everytime I would like to launch the game.

Is there any fix that does not require a third party software?
jackyflc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
whitelion1284

This one is nice and simple. Download and extract it into your Skyrim root directory (program files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Skyrim.) then, open the antilag.cfg file with a text editor and set the following parameter to something like this:

[config]
RenderAheadLimit=0
FPSlimit=36

The FPS limit doesn't matter as long as it's above 32 (there is an oddity that will result in endless load times if it is lower) and below the refresh rate of your monitor. Keep in mind that regular TV runs at less than 24 fps and faster is not necessarily better. A reduced framerate will allow your computer to work less and generate less heat and therefor extend its life expectancy. Not important to the guys that buy new corvettes when they get tired of the paint on the old one but for the rest of us it may be a factor.

Now if you ever decide to use an ENB series to make your game look awesome you will have to open the enbseries.ini and make similar changes or use the injector version. Of course if you go with ENB you will making way more changes and dealing with way more headaches than that so either way it's a complication for another time.

Cheers.

Last edited by whitelion1284: 07-14-2012 at 05:25 AM.
whitelion1284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V