Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons of Dredmor

Old 07-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
krallice

Why can't I use an item on the Shrine of Eyeballs?

I have a sidequest:

"Summon Lord Dredmore's 40th brigade, The Mangler of Ooze by using Zoochase, The Tropical Sneeze on the Eyeball Shrine, and Defeat It!"

So... I picked up Zoochase, The Tropical Sneeze, but I can't use it on an eyeball shrine I found. I've tried clicking the shrine in every way with the item to no luck. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
injected11

Is the shrine on the same floor that your received the quest? Quest items only work on shrines from the floor where the quest was given. You can check which floor the quest was given on by checking your quest log (Q by default).
injected11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #3
ibitato

im having the same issue, and yes i am on the same lvl quest was given
ibitato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
ibitato

look what i found :

Borodin said: ↑
There's a quest to drop X item on an eyeball shrine. Twice I've gotten it, on different levels, and can't drop the item on it. Clicking on the lower tile of the shrine with the item does nothing, and dropping it on the upper tile simply drops the item on the ground.
Did you go into the Pocket Dimension or Wizardlands between getting the item and finding the shrine? That somehow/sometimes 'resets' the metadata on the item and makes the game think it's not the quest item the shrine is looking for. I think this is a known bug.
ibitato is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons of Dredmor