Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
soccastar001

Can't launch Anno 2070

I just bought Anno 2070 for Steam. When I start the game it first asks me if I want to configure my graphics settings. If I pick yes or no it crashes. Then if I launch it from the UPlay window it also crashes, even when I launch it in safe mode. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and disabling my antivirus software (Kaspersky) and I still can't launch the game.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
Strandly

I dunno, update your video card drivers.
Strandly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
ShenaniganNinja

Mine also fails to launch, but it doesn't crash windows. It gives me an error saying make sure you aren't already running a game that uses Ubisoft Launcher. I have no other Ubisoft games installed on my computer.
ShenaniganNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
css123

If it gives an error on that it's already running up just have to stop it though the processes menu under task manager. That happened to me as well. I had a similar issue where it would crash upon starting and a quick reinstall fixed it for me. Hope I could help.
css123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
Stelly

I had a similar problem caused by crossfire.
Disable crossfire in CCC or install cap12.7. This game sucks with either CF and SLI. They added all kinds of useless junk to the game and forgot to make sure the core of the engine was good.
Stelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
Amelor

Try to enable Windows XP compatibility mode at uplay.exe and anno.exe, it works for me
Amelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
rojimboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccastar001 View Post
I just bought Anno 2070 for Steam. When I start the game it first asks me if I want to configure my graphics settings. If I pick yes or no it crashes. Then if I launch it from the UPlay window it also crashes, even when I launch it in safe mode. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and disabling my antivirus software (Kaspersky) and I still can't launch the game.
Something similar was happening to me last week, when I started playing Anno again. I had several tweaks (3D sound, SMAA, ini tweaks, and graphics driver tweaks) but the culprit ended up being Nvidia driver settings. I wish I had known before installing and downloading the game twice.

I must have upgraded the drivers at least twice since I last played Anno, during which time Nvidia must have modified the Anno 2070 profile.

As soon as I changed the Nvidia driver profile to default, I no longer got a CTD after launching the game. This was either through Nvidia CP, or more specifically if you do custom tweaks through Nvidia Inspector. You could extrapolate this to ati driver settings too perhaps.
rojimboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series