Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain

Old 07-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
Evison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinra View Post
Are the happy customers here using a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller to make gameplay better?
The 360 controller is perfect for the game.

Mouse? Not so much. While it has improved since launch, it's not ideal.
Evison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
Sweetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinra View Post
Sadly I'm waiting to get this on PC once the price has dropped to Duke Nukem Forever levels of $4.99. I hear great things about the gameplay for this title, but controls are horrid... along with menu navigation. I'm basing my input from a friend of mine who's played it, plus users reviews onlien which seem to confirm it.

Are the happy customers here using a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller to make gameplay better?
Yes it's great with a 360 controller.

Still surprised how many "serious" PC gamers don't have a 360 pad. I've enjoyed any sort of 3rd person game much better since getting one - especially stuff that's heavily movement based like Batman or Assassin's Creed.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
eddyisatrip

Are there any RPG elements in this game?
eddyisatrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
Hokum

Yeah a controller is just better for 3rd person games, period. As important as a joystick is for flight games.
Hokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
hantsolo

Just picked up the 360 version last week

I just picked up the 360 version last week and began playing it on the weekend. Haven't gotten very far, Chapter 2. Now that I see the pc version is on sale, I'm wondering if I should pick it up now or wait until the next sale.

Does the pc version have the voice recognition/command function, or is it just the 360 version? I've been using it, but it works only about half the time. Took me forever to get it to recognize the F word, and a lot of times in game the AI misunderstands my commands. So basically, I just use it to tell Big Bo that I love him every time the voice command option opens up. It really does creep him out and I swear this one time he just stood there and let me bleed out even when I called to him for help.

I got the game for under $20 and I think it's worth it so far. Now that the game is around $13 during the flash sale, maybe I should pick it up.
hantsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
Grimhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by hantsolo View Post
I just picked up the 360 version last week and began playing it on the weekend. Haven't gotten very far, Chapter 2. Now that I see the pc version is on sale, I'm wondering if I should pick it up now or wait until the next sale.

Does the pc version have the voice recognition/command function, or is it just the 360 version? I've been using it, but it works only about half the time. Took me forever to get it to recognize the F word, and a lot of times in game the AI misunderstands my commands. So basically, I just use it to tell Big Bo that I love him every time the voice command option opens up. It really does creep him out and I swear this one time he just stood there and let me bleed out even when I called to him for help.

I got the game for under $20 and I think it's worth it so far. Now that the game is around $13 during the flash sale, maybe I should pick it up.
Downloaded the PC demo a while ago. Tried to use the voice recognition system. It failed to even pick up the simplest things, and I ended up disabling it entirely and just going with manual controls.
Grimhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
Sakadry

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthsera666 View Post
1. There were a couple long cutscenes, but I didn't mind at all. I thought the story was strong enough that I was interested, and it gave a little bit of a break from the action.

2. I played the entire game with mouse and keyboard, and I had absolutely no problems with the controls.

3. There isn't a whole lot of weapon variety, but I liked the main rifle well enough that it wasn't really an issue. The secondary weapon was basically for special weapons like RPG or sniper rifle.

4. Again, I had no problems with the controls through the game.

5. There was a bit of screen tearing for me in cutscenes, but other than that, the graphics were great.

6. I really enjoyed the story, and honestly, I think it highlights a very real possibility as technology advances.

Overall, I would recommend this game with no problem to anyone who has a question about it. I don't know where you got the above comments, but I disagree with almost all of them.
did you read the thread up until my second post?
Sakadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #23
Evison

Quote:
Does the pc version have the voice recognition/command function, or is it just the 360 version?
The PC version has it too, but it doesn't work very well. The four commands you're given with the voice mode off are usually enough, really.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
hantsolo

Well, I picked up the game during the last minutes of the flash sale. Don't have time now, but will try it out on the weekend.

Like to see how it compares to the console version. Read somewhere else in this forum that the FOV is adjustable. Looking forward to that.

Also picked up the Marshal pack DLC. I never really used Dan's main weapon. Didn't really like it; maybe because I never upgraded it. I spent credits to upgrade team weapons first as their stats are pretty . Dan ends up having to use secondary weapons (sniper rifle, rpg, stinger, etc.) most of the time anyhow. Use pistol and grenades mostly, although the smg similar to Charlie's is pretty handy.

I don't think I would have bought this game for full price, but for under $15 during the last flash sale, I thought it was alright.

As I mentioned earlier, I've just started playing this game on the 360 and find it quite fun and different. When was the last time you played a shooter where you can make your entire team hate your character?
hantsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
Evison

Quote:
Read somewhere else in this forum that the FOV is adjustable. Looking forward to that.
That is indeed true.

Note that it's a vertical FOV setting as opposed to the more typical horizontal. So for example if you want a FOV of what you'd usually set as 90 (and if you're playing in a 16:9 resolution), you will want to set it in this game as 59.

Setting it too high will leave you with a rather overkill fisheye view.

If you want to check for another setting, look here.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #26
muthsera666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakadry View Post
did you read the thread up until my second post?
Yes, and what is your point. I was giving you a point-by-point response to what you cited as your reasons for skipping the game. I thought the game was really good, and I hated to see someone miss out on the game for reasons with which I disagreed. I apologize for whatever discomfort my response caused.
muthsera666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #27
greatvova

Yes! It worth more! Much more!
greatvova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #28
Fragems

Most definitely yes. The story is just amazing and its rare to see a 8-9 hour SP in a shooter. While the first hour was kind of boring and the voice commands(game works better with them turned off using pre-chosen responses) do not work very well I found myself falling in love with the game as i spent more time in it. After spending 9 hours in the campaign I highly recommend it to any 3rd person shooter fans or anyone who enjoys scifi, mecha, or futuristic stories because this game's story is flat out amazing.

I pray this game gets a sequel because this games story has left me with a strong craving for more.
Fragems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
rekkas512

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan8 View Post
If you love to play crappy console ports with awful controls - yes, it's worth it.
If not - save your money for something better.
why does everyone have a problem with controls??
rekkas512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
wula

For me I had a great blast with the game. Game seemed to run at a steady 55-60FPS the whole time with everything on max except AA, using my N560GTX-TI and AMD FX quad core 4.20 GHZ.

I played with a 360 controller and not till after my second time playing in the config I realized you have to manually switch interface to 360 controller layout in the config and not inside the game. So if you love playing with a controller like I do. Then you will have a blast as it controls great.

Voice commands..... they never seemed to work so I just disabled it.

Story I will admit kept me very interested the whole time and in the last half of the game, wanting to know what was going to happen. Sure it was generic at times. But it had a couple good twists I thought.

Gameplay is your typical third person shooter. Except you fight nothing but robots the whole game and as a result makes for more interesting fights then always aiming for the head and calling it a day. ALMOST ALL the boss fights I loved. My favorite was defiantly the Crab Battle one as it had the most interesting movements to it I felt.

Difficulty..... If you never played a shooter..... do easy. If its your first shooter you played in the last 2-3 years then go with normal. But if you are good with shooter games and enjoy a fair challenge. Do hard for your first play through. As it felt most satisfying for myself. There was only 2 sections in the game that I got caught up on with hard. But everything else felt like a fair challenge and nothing was being handed to yea.
wula is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain