Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #16
DanniV8

I checked the dev forums and noticed a text there in the installation guide: "The "d3d9.dll" from ENB/Icenhancer doesn't work with Ingame Overlay like Xfire or MSI Afterburner. Close them before starting the game."

I was using Evga Precision X to monitor my GPU temps real time on my keyboard and that was the problem. Tried closing the program and now the game runs super smooth! Too bad I can't monitor my FPS. I used HW Monitor to follow the GPU Temps and for some reason the cards are running cooler with this mod enabled. I haven't tried installing the shaders as well.. I'm about to try them out right now.
DanniV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #17
specta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanniV8 View Post
I checked the dev forums and noticed a text there in the installation guide: "The "d3d9.dll" from ENB/Icenhancer doesn't work with Ingame Overlay like Xfire or MSI Afterburner. Close them before starting the game."

I was using Evga Precision X to monitor my GPU temps real time on my keyboard and that was the problem. Tried closing the program and now the game runs super smooth! Too bad I can't monitor my FPS. I used HW Monitor to follow the GPU Temps and for some reason the cards are running cooler with this mod enabled. I haven't tried installing the shaders as well.. I'm about to try them out right now.
I think he made some tweaks to help with the gpu temps ,
specta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #18
satyrionfinal

Can i use this while using Ati Tray tools to OC and overvolt my GPU?
satyrionfinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
xruiner89

Game just won't start or crashes on start now. Tried the ICE shaders, the ICE back-up shaders and also my own and still not working. Everything in the 1.0.7.0 - Main files copied and overwritten to my GTAIV folder. What am i doing wrong.
xruiner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
NahuelPower1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by xruiner89 View Post
Game just won't start or crashes on start now. Tried the ICE shaders, the ICE back-up shaders and also my own and still not working. Everything in the 1.0.7.0 - Main files copied and overwritten to my GTAIV folder. What am i doing wrong.
I got the same problem... Haven't found a solution yet.
NahuelPower1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
specta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xruiner89 View Post
Not sure why your getting this , try to verify your game cache and try again,And some times it can take up to a minute for the game to start from the black screen .Make sure your going in to the folder thats the patch for 7 , ignore the other folders.

Try this link if you still cant get it to work

http://icenhancer.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=help
specta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
NahuelPower1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanniV8 View Post

Solved my problem thx
NahuelPower1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
ShePearl

Pretty much everything is a watered down version on 1.0.7.0 (STEAM) when it comes to ENB series.

As for the ICEnhancer, I like 1.25 the most. The game looks really, really nice with everything maxed at 2560x1600.
1.25 is more matte bright, fairly realistic look with all the enb effects. 1.35 is more grungy, slight yellow tint and film grain, 2.0n is very bright and can look good, however much of the experience is just a feeling of overbrightness, the latest 2.1 is extremely cartoony, no DoF but with a nice timecycle and lens effects, better on performance too. I don't know what's going on with the author but his older releases looked so much better, IMO. I think the guy focused on performance for 2.1

For multi-GPU/SLI users, nVIDIA's original SLI compatibility bits is "0x03400405". However, new SLI bits "0x42500045" improves SLI scaling nicely.
ShePearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series