Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World of Battles: Morningstar

Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
Fenorith

If you all really think this pay to win...lmao.

Stop being jerks and share what you are smoking. Must be something good indeed.

(But then again if I sucked at this game I would probably use this excuse as well.)
Fenorith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
psycho-johnny

pay to win? cmon guys. rising thru the ranks, without paying, makes it all the worthwhile. In hindsight, players that cant pay for all those nice gear, will have to make up for it by building upon their skill. the payer players will have an early advantage, but then they may or may not develop much skills than the ones who play than pay.
psycho-johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
Fenorith

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-johnny View Post
pay to win? cmon guys. rising thru the ranks, without paying, makes it all the worthwhile. In hindsight, players that cant pay for all those nice gear, will have to make up for it by building upon their skill. the payer players will have an early advantage, but then they may or may not develop much skills than the ones who play than pay.
Yes indeed.

I have stomped players that had several gem units with my regular old free units. It is about using the correct unit at the correct time.

And now with the gem prices so cheap you can spend what 10 dollars and get the 3 month paid account. Three months of play for ONLY 10 dollars. With the three months under your belt you will have enough gem/gold to buy another three months easy.

If 10 dollars is that make or break for you then I would suggest more work and less gaming
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #19
psycho-johnny

Nice. tempted to pay to get gems, but i wanna see how things will work out once i get rolling.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #20
Fenorith

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-johnny View Post
Nice. tempted to pay to get gems, but i wanna see how things will work out once i get rolling.
I bought the 3 months when it was still full price and very happy I did. My way of supporting a game I like. And the communication is incredible from this company. THEY CARE!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
psycho-johnny

Me too. Im quite surprised myself that there are a few people (by my count) that are from the company here on these forums. Companies that care for the players and not the profits, can go a long way in the industry.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:54 AM   #22
ghost_hung

guys suggesting playing more to reach higher levels...

dou you realise how frustrating it is to always play against team of p2w players? like 2 of us against 3 giants and so on...

but still, i think for a "f2p" game its kind of a fun
ghost_hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #23
SoleControl

this game is not pay to win...it's think to win :-)
SoleControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
LordChaos2010

at first i kinda thought it was pay to win.

Tbh it all comes down to teamplay and tactics more than anything else.

there is an issue with matchmaking that i think still needs alot of work.

but overall its a dam good game
LordChaos2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
deathcapt

Match Making

After playing roughly 10 hours of game play, I find that the match making is terrible, and it's really just roulette. To the people saying "get to level 45": that! Are you seriously proposing I drop upwards of 50 - 60 hours into a game before I can enjoy it, or even be competitive? This is why no one plays the game, because why in the hell would I grind for literally an entire work week, just so I can "play" the game. If a game isn't fun or fair after 10 hours of game play, then it's broken. If the game starts at level 45, let me start my character at level 45 with 800 gems a day of income.
deathcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
LordChaos2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcapt View Post
After playing roughly 10 hours of game play, I find that the match making is terrible, and it's really just roulette. To the people saying "get to level 45": that! Are you seriously proposing I drop upwards of 50 - 60 hours into a game before I can enjoy it, or even be competitive? This is why no one plays the game, because why in the hell would I grind for literally an entire work week, just so I can "play" the game. If a game isn't fun or fair after 10 hours of game play, then it's broken. If the game starts at level 45, let me start my character at level 45 with 800 gems a day of income.
i dont know what game u playing but there are loads of people always online playing.

Yeah we all know matchmaking isnt the best 5 out of 10 times but u can have alot of fun and being competitive from lvl 5 to 45 only thing is find a teammate and play with him.
LordChaos2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
Fenorith

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcapt View Post
You can be competitive at level 6. You will get grouped with some really crappy players that is why it is important to make friends and play with them.
I have over 100 hours played and loved every moment of it.
The no one plays the game comment had me laughing hard. Do you turn your computer on when looking for matches? lmao

Last edited by Fenorith: 06-07-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #28
jumperbane

NOT pay to win

I am sick of people claiming this game is pay to win.

Its pay to speed up the process of gearing up, nothing more.

You can and I HAVE obtain gems simply from playing, its just a slow process but you can gear out all your units in top gear simply from playing and achieve any army you like.

Just like any other rpg its levels and time played that improves your choices, sure there are issues with units/skills/matchmaking/bless but so does every competitive rpg.

but its DEFINATELY NOT PAY to WIN!

its pay to speed up the process only.

My 2 cents.
jumperbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > World of Battles: Morningstar