Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vindictus

Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
busti38

Exclamation Vindictus error

Recently, Vindictus updated for some reason, and now I can't play.
I can get to the main menu, but when I click start game, it loads for a while, and then the game crash with the message saying "exception access violation" error.
Anyone else experiencing this????
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
kamisama

same problem here
kamisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
kamisama

Quote:
Originally Posted by busti38 View Post
Recently, Vindictus updated for some reason, and now I can't play.
I can get to the main menu, but when I click start game, it loads for a while, and then the game crash with the message saying "exception access violation" error.
Anyone else experiencing this????
WHile you can't start it using steam, you can go the back door route:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Vindictus\en-US
and start the Vindictus.exe file (3rd from bottom for me)
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
Matt Treck

This is caused by the Steam in-game overlay, you can either disable it in Steam's settings or just launch the game using it's .exe file as the poster above says.
Matt Treck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
kamisama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Treck View Post
This is caused by the Steam in-game overlay, you can either disable it in Steam's settings or just launch the game using it's .exe file as the poster above says.
It would seem that in not true. I have disabled the in-game over lay, however the issue still remains.

My only guess that remains is that it has something to do with how i installed using steam at the same time i removed the install that i did off the regular Vindictus site.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Khirsah01

My guess is something with the Kai update, or something in that timeframe killed Steam Support with the game.

Before the Kai update, I had already been using Vindictus.exe to launch the game. In case of account theft or a server attack on Nexon's side, I didn't want to tether a Nexon account to Steam. My workaround was to add Vindictus.exe as a Non Steam program and use a shortcut to launch and still get Steam Overlay.

Now after the Kai update, the Desktop Icon from Steam as a Non Steam Shortcut is always blank and doesn't work, and the Steam Overlay is dead. I also always have to reset my server to West for every login in game, it saved my preferred server before.
Khirsah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
psycho-johnny

weird... i never gotten that problem before...
psycho-johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Zyava

The exception access violation error means that the software on your system tried to access a protected memory address. In other words, you've either had a program runnning that was already using that same exact memory address that Vindictus tried to use or, just the opposite, you had Vindictus running and a different software tried to access that memory address that Vindictus was already using. Since memory addresses are protected, only one application can use the same particular address at a time.

Next time, try to list the full name of the error; we're missing the exception address itself as well as the module that was used.
Zyava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
ashapiro350

Ummmm... what?

I got a message that said this:

*Exception Code: EXCPTION_SYS_ERROR
*Exception Address: 0x760eb9bc
*Exception Module: KERNALBASE

This has been happining sience I downloaded the game on steam. It runs until I complete a dungeon or until I play for 30 min. but does not freeze up in the middle of a dungeon. It just locks up and kicks me out and I have tried everything includeing turning off the Overlay. Can anyone explain this?
ashapiro350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
JustRed

Im on EU version so no steam, but you could try this...

Locate Vindictus/en-US/currentinfo.txt and backup and move the file. I'd just say delete but I dunno how the steam version works..

none-steam that forces the game to update itself, which has fixed various weird issues in the past for me and others...again, I dunno if this will help (or just break) the steam version.

Can't hurt to try though
JustRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
InstantRamen

I've been having the same issue. When I try to run vindictus from my steam folder I keep getting "Error checking patch!" message. I've already done "verify integrity of game cache" like 6 times. Each time it tells me there are 6 files it needs to download. Steam downloads them and I still can't run it. Anyone else having this problem or solved it?
InstantRamen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vindictus