Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mirror's Edge

Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
andrewroxors

Question So the entire game is played from a first person perspective?

I was watching a video and the girl was ziplining down, flipping, grabbing ledges and other cool stuff. To do that, do I just need to press the jump key and have the hero take care of the rest, or do I need to press a grab button, etc.

Also I saw some slow-motion gameplay kind of like in Max Payne. Is there a button for that too or does it happen only during certain points of the game?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
stevethepocket

Grabs are supposed to be automatic; wallrunning/jumping is a key combo; and slow-mo is a key but it's only available in certain situations like a quick-time event.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
Fangride

Many are key combos, while others are generally automatic. Yes it is purely in first person though.
Fangride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
ozgeek

And it is better to be played with a 360 controller. you can precisely control balance over ziplines and jumps.
ozgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
DoctorZeus

It's a running game from first person perspective, yes. While it's a turn off in most games, and Mirror's Edge has a lot of rough edges, jumping itself is not. The timing for jumps is rather late, and even if you don't get it perfectly, Faith will still grab a ledge (though it will eat your momentum). Some areas will require advanced techniques like wall-running, but again, not too hard to wrestle with.

There are a few areas where a jump is unusually technical, and that's where you use the slo-mo button. After running a certain distance, you are awarded one slow motion (Activated with R) to be able to time things better. If you are ever in a situation where you have to perform a wall-run into turning around and jumping onto a narrow platform or pipe, the slow effect will help you land it much easier.
DoctorZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
Sliph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
And it is better to be played with a 360 controller. you can precisely control balance over ziplines and jumps.
I found it much easier using keyboard mouse myself I felt I had more accuracy.
Sliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
dark_skeleton

Quote:
I totally disagree with that. Playing with keyboard and mouse is much better than using a controller (I've got both sets)
dark_skeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
andrewroxors

Quote:
I bought the game and have to disagree. Keyboard + mouse combo just feels more natural to me. Tried it with the 360 controller and found myself stumbling quite a bit.

But I am a PC gamer and only use the controller for stuff like DeathSpank.
andrewroxors is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mirror's Edge