Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A Valley Without Wind

Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
bushwhacker2k

"... on the continent."

I've been playing for a bit and I'm starting to get used to using scrolls to construct buildings.

One thing that really makes me hesitate about using them is when I read "Bonus to production when placed on: ", because then the efficient side of me wants to only ever place it on the specific areas.

Now, getting to my question, what does it mean when it says "The first [building] provides 100 skill points to all [profession]s on the continent"?

When I think continent I think a singular, large landmass. There doesn't seem to be a way to move settlements... so does this mean that I can only give bonuses to such skills if they're built on the starting landmass (and thus I can't get specific building bonuses that don't exist on said landmass?)?

Or does it simply not mean anything and I can place it on anything near the starting landmass and still get the bonus and the effect from the building?
Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
tigersfan

Arcen Games, LLC
If you haven't beaten an overlord yet, then everything you know is the first continent. After you beat the overlord on this continent, another continent will appear and none of the buildings you build now will have any effect on that one.
tigersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
bushwhacker2k

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.
bushwhacker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
tigersfan

Arcen Games, LLC
My pleasure. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
tigersfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A Valley Without Wind