Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prototype series

Old 07-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Abaddon

Angry Prototype 2 low FPS and texture problems

The original Prototype runs great on my computer, but Prototype 2 is having some serious framerate issues.
Sometimes it will be 40+ fps but will drop down to ~20 fps. Cutscenes are fine, main menu is fine, it's the actual game that won't run properly. I can run almost every game at 100+ fps with the only exclusion being Rage. Please Help!!!

One more issue so far is low resolution textures in certain parts of the game. I am running the game maxed out with v-sync disabled and AA disabled but that shouldn't effect the textures

Also if it helps I have an ATI/AMD card (my rig isn't the problem)

Ratical Entertainment has shut-down and won't release any patches, so waiting for an update is not an option
Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Cyrielx2

Do you / are you running any form of forced AA through control panel (forgot the name for ATI cards, like Nvidia control panel) ?

If so, try disabling those. If not, i'd keep an eye out. It's been released for a few hours so problems aplenty but little solutions yet.
Cyrielx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
DarkChaosViper

Seek refund as I am also getting terrible frames.
DarkChaosViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Banzure

Yes, seek a refund, game has been out for a few hours and there's bugs, clearly this game sucks and everyone should return it, they will never be able to correct any of the issues.
/sarcasm end
Banzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Leon Belmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
The original Prototype runs great on my computer, but Prototype 2 is having some serious framerate issues.
Sometimes it will be 40+ fps but will drop down to ~20 fps. Cutscenes are fine, main menu is fine, it's the actual game that won't run properly. I can run almost every game at 100+ fps with the only exclusion being Rage. Please Help!!!

One more issue so far is low resolution textures in certain parts of the game. I am running the game maxed out with v-sync disabled and AA disabled but that shouldn't effect the textures

Also if it helps I have an ATI/AMD card (my rig isn't the problem)

Ratical Entertainment has shut-down and won't release any patches, so waiting for an update is not an option
The Developer Team has shut down, but the support team hasn't, so I think that they will support the game for any bug/issues... I hope so!
Leon Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Belmont View Post
The Developer Team has shut down, but the support team hasn't, so I think that they will support the game for any bug/issues... I hope so!
But the original game had little to no support anyway. They had 3 years to fix the black borders and they still haven't. They had 3 months to make sure the PC version was ok, there is NO excuse for releasing something so unfinished.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
SoRusty_

Banned
post specs, saying you have a good pc means nothing
SoRusty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrielx2 View Post
Do you / are you running any form of forced AA through control panel (forgot the name for ATI cards, like Nvidia control panel) ?

If so, try disabling those. If not, i'd keep an eye out. It's been released for a few hours so problems aplenty but little solutions yet.
I assume you're talking about Catalyst. I don't have any forced AA or anything like that.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoRusty_ View Post
post specs, saying you have a good pc means nothing
Ati Radeon 5770
Intel Core i7
8 Gigs of Ram
Directx 11
5.1 speakers
8 cores

anything else? Also I know my graphics card is a little outdated but it handles crysis on high/maximum and Metro 2033 on high. The only game it's got problems with is Rage.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
redaffinity

You need at least a gtx 460 to max everything out. Try lowering the graphics a bit
redaffinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
prizim

seek a refund? you should quit pc gaming immediately. you are a console gamer.
prizim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
kornetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaffinity View Post
You need at least a gtx 460 to max everything out. Try lowering the graphics a bit
Really?
@1080p?

My friday possibly won't suck afterall?
kornetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
redaffinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornetto View Post
Really?
@1080p?

My friday possibly won't suck afterall?
Ha, dont get your hopes up. There's quite a few people who are having trouble with a mission in game. Seems to be a broken game. Highly doubt the devs will release a patch since radical games went under before the pc version was released.
redaffinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
JagaTelesin

Quote:
Ha, dont get your hopes up. There's quite a few people who are having trouble with a mission in game. Seems to be a broken game. Highly doubt the devs will release a patch since radical games went under before the pc version was released.
I think they have a day or two to come up with a response to the community before copies of Prototype 2 start getting returned en-masse to Steam. The main mission is completely bugged.
JagaTelesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
kornetto

Quote:
Sigh...

At least I don't have to worry about performance, guess thats already something...
kornetto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prototype series