Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Flying Ace

Exclamation Torchlight CRASH when fighting ordrak

this is very frustrating I've gotten ordrak down to almost no health several times and the game crashes run time error

it crashes because he spawns way way way to many dragonkins I mean way to many the game engine it self cannot handle it and it crashes even if my computer can run the game perfectly anywhere else on max

i7 quad core
6gigs of ram
9400gt 1gb
windows xp 64bit pro

edit: tried reducing the game graphics to lowest possible settings (to rule out proformence being an issue) to see if that's it and no it still crashes, so it has nothing to do with my ability to run the game because I run it at max with no problems. this crash happens every time I've tried fighting him

Last edited by Flying Ace: 07-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
chairsgotoschoo

try verifying game cache and defragmenting the files, the game engine can handle it but certain files may be missing or corrupt or it has a lot of clusters

edit: on a note that has nothing to do with anything, whats up with the 9400, that will bottleneck your computer a lot
chairsgotoschoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Flying Ace

verified successfully, same with defragmenting still have issues
and Yeah I know I need to update my graphics soon but for games like this it's fine..
Flying Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
verified successfully, same with defragmenting still have issues
and Yeah I know I need to update my graphics soon but for games like this it's fine..
make sure the game is up to date and if its still crashing try re downloading it, i dont see why the engine couldn't handle it
Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Flying Ace

I just downloaded it recently actually and had no problems before this
I've checked runics support forums and it seems quite a few people get the visual C++ runtime error but it triggers on different parts of the game for different people, didn't see anyone post a fix

edit heres the ogre log
I usually run at 1280x1024 with no issues all settings on highest

Quote:

21:59:56: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.
21:59:56: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.
22:00:59: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.
22:00:59: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.

Last edited by Flying Ace: 07-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
chairsgotoschoo

have you tried re installing c++
Old 07-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
Flying Ace

Yes I have, and just emailed support but dont know how active they are with the first game and supporting it

funny thing is I can continue to play the game doing other things and dungeons (dungeon scrolls etc) I just cant beat Odrak it always happens when he has around the same amount of health, almost dead - is he trying to summon enemies that I dont have the game models and other files for?

Last edited by Flying Ace: 07-23-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Yes I have, and just emailed support but dont know how active they are with the first game and supporting it

funny thing is I can continue to play the game doing other things and dungeons (dungeon scrolls etc) I just cant beat Odrak it always happens when he has around the same amount of health, almost dead - is he trying to summon enemies that I dont have the game models and other files for?
maybe its driver problems, some old games crash if you have new drivers or things like opengl and physx, find out what this game uses and try to bring them back to a older date, or maybe this game just doesnt like your pc I've had that problem withs games
Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #9
Webbstre

If I remember correctly, Steam has some outdated pre-install things for Torchlight that cause problems for some people. It's been so long I can't remember what it is (DirectX? Some kind of .NET framework?). I doubt it's that there are too many dragonkin though, as Ordrak kills them all to absorb their power for one of his attacks multiple times through the battle. I'd suggest sending a report of your bug with your dxdiag and ogre.log files to customerservice@runicgames.com
Webbstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Flying Ace

Okay, I've done that and I will wait for a response thanks for the help guys

and I have not actually solved the problem but I have found a work around
I enabled the console and used the "Killall" command on Odrak to get past the fight
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #11
Webbstre

If you don't get a response within a week send me a PM and I'll poke someone for you.

...also that killall command will label your character as a cheater.
Webbstre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series