Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
IceSage

Gamepad doesn't even work - (Sonic4-Episode2)

First off, no, it's not my gamepad. I just fiddled around with other games using my gamepad and it works just fine, including Sonic Generations.

However, when I go to play Sonic 4: Episode 2 (Something I put off getting until the last moment of the summer sale, because I knew SOMETHING ridiculous like this would happen) the gamepad doesn't work.

I go to CONFIGURE and try to re-assign some buttons or something. But... nope, that doesn't even work either. I can't even re-assign anything on the gamepad, as if it's not even plugged in.

I go to play the game, nothing works.

So... what's the issue? Is there some trick I need to do? I remember in order to get things working correctly for Sonic Generations, I fiddled with some program that created a .DLL file... Would I need to do the same thing with this as well?

This is... just dumb.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I copied the .DLL file from Sonic Generations to Sonic 4: Episode 2's folder. Now I can play the game with my Gamepad. Apparently Sega never fixed this or they just assume everyone's using XBOX controllers.)

Last edited by IceSage: 07-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
GwJumpman

Which .DLL file is it?
GwJumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
IceSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwJumpman View Post
Which .DLL file is it?
It's one that was created from a program that I'm REQUIRED to download because there's no other way for these games to even recognize I have a controller unless it's an XBOX one.

x360ce is the name of the program I use.
IceSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic the Hedgehog 4