Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes

Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #16
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
AllFunk3dUp:

about that bug: You can download an update now that fixes this problem. But if you have a corrupted save already, it won't help you and there is no way we could fix your save file. In this case I'm afraid that you will have to start over again.

about becoming an archer accidentally: Interesting problem that shouldn't happen...

about Hidden Treasure of the Nile quest: Just switch to night. You will find another NPC walking around the village then.
kovi_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #17
killkhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovi_cz View Post
AllFunk3dUp:

about that bug: You can download an update now that fixes this problem. But if you have a corrupted save already, it won't help you and there is no way we could fix your save file. In this case I'm afraid that you will have to start over again.

about becoming an archer accidentally: Interesting problem that shouldn't happen...

about Hidden Treasure of the Nile quest: Just switch to night. You will find another NPC walking around the village then.
Thats nice, a link would be nicer, though!
killkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #18
Lv70 Gengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamento View Post
I don't think you're getting the point.
Numen is a broken piece of software, and people paid money for it. So the vendor/developer is supposed to either fix the product or return the money. And not just express regrets.
Im still waiting to get a refund from Treyarch for Broken OPS and I dont think it will ever happen. YOu obviously don't remember software from maybe 10 years ago when you would go to the store and there would be hundreds of games for win95/98. about 30% of those games worked well at best. Stop giving these guys such a hard time about one bug they told you how to work around until the day it can be fixed. Its 2 dollars and they are an INDIE company. Can you do a better job or create a mod that fixes it? No? then stop complaining or be productive about it. Gothic 3 suffered from a huge amount of bugs until the community fixed it not the devs. You should appreciate the fact that they care enough to fix what they can. If you are that worried about 2 dollars give me your email address and ill paypal you your 2 dollars back.

Love the game by the way. Great way to spend 2 bucks if ya ask me.

Last edited by Lv70 Gengar: 02-01-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Lv70 Gengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #19
arsenicdrone

Quote:
But if you have a corrupted save already, it won't help you and there is no way we could fix your save file. In this case I'm afraid that you will have to start over again.
Argh. Seriously? That's pretty frustrating (basically means I will not be playing the game again). There isn't a way to advance the save file past the following story quest? Say, in a hex editor?
arsenicdrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #20
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
killkhan: You mean a link for the patch? You can update your game automatically through Steam.

arsenicdrone: Who knows... I suppose you can give it a try, but if you need more info, I'm not the one to provide it.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #21
AllFunk3dUp

Quote:
Aaaagh all my blues! ...and I'd grinded my way to the large inventory bag too, nooooooo!

Quote:
Cheers, I keep forgetting about night/day, I'd tried it when trying to get the map pieces from the pirates in the broken quest but obviously it didn't make a difference there.

Well thanks for fixing it anyway, I'll download the patch now, can you confirm the patch fixes all major known show-stopping bugs, I'd hate to start over and hit another... I may come back and severely overwork the profanity filter if I do!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #22
0xDEADC0DE

there's another known bug but it's not a game breaking one the only one was the misarica bug and in minor manner the spider bug, both fixed by the latest patch
0xDEADC0DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #23
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
There is still one unpleasant bug with Minotaur's horns duel. If you decide to fight over these horns with rival hero in the Arena, he/she will never arrive there. It was working in the original release, but somehow got broken in later patch (along with some other things...) and since it would require lots of careful testing we decided not to include it in this patch. So if you don't want to have the horns stuck in your inventory, sell them to the rival hero and everything will be fine.

And as far as game breaking bugs are concerned, there are none we would know about now.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #24
AllFunk3dUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xDEADC0DE View Post
there's another known bug but it's not a game breaking one the only one was the misarica bug and in minor manner the spider bug, both fixed by the latest patch
Cheers bud, yeh I read about the spider saving bug.

Quote:
There is still one unpleasant bug with Minotaur's horns duel. If you decide to fight over these horns with rival hero in the Arena, he/she will never arrive there. It was working in the original release, but somehow got broken in later patch (along with some other things...) and since it would require lots of careful testing we decided not to include it in this patch. So if you don't want to have the horns stuck in your inventory, sell them to the rival hero and everything will be fine.

And as far as game breaking bugs are concerned, there are none we would know about now.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind!

Last edited by AllFunk3dUp: 02-03-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #25
AllFunk3dUp

Ok, this is very disappointing, after installing the 1.4 patch the game now always crashes straight after the initial conversation with your uncle. It also occurs when I interact with a campfire.

It appears to be a problem with autosave so possibly the changes made to fix the spider bug are the culprit.

Its a major crash taking windows with it and requires a hardware restart. When I restart the computer & game there is an autosave at the point when the crash occurs (with a picture of the black screen from the crash)

I'm running XP 32bit, I've tried a full reinstall of the game but the same occurs, interestingly I've booted my machine with a drive running Vista 64bit and the crash does not occur.

Anyway someone started a thread about it here so I've replied in that thread too as the bug in this thread is now fixed.

Last edited by AllFunk3dUp: 02-03-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
sruv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfunk825 View Post
Wow. Just encountered this bug. Can't believe the very first quest in the story line has a game breaking bug in it this long after release. Walk through a door and your game is permanently broken. Brilliant.

This is why you don't buy stuff from companies like this. Enjoy your free money I guess. Just wasted about 6 hours of my life on this. At least it happened in the first quest and not the 20th.

If the fact that a commercial software company was soliciting donations on their website wasn't so freaking funny, it would actually be insulting.
I'm kinda late on this, but hey jfunk, I guess "companies like this" includes Blizzard now. Remember the shield-on-your-templar thing in Diablo 3? Hm hm?

Also I'm currently enjoying Numen a lot. I agree it has a few bugs here and there (so far I only mean those UI bugs, like when your character suddenly stops attacking for some reason and you have to approach the enemy closer and click to attack again), but I want to finish it and know what happens at the end.

Though I get owned hard in arenas now. :-< Where did my awesome damage suddenly go... Apparently everyone in the arenas does 2x as much damage as I do. Whyyyyyy...

Edit: actually, not true. I somehow tend to win tournaments, just training arenas seem too difficult somehow.

Last edited by sruv: 07-27-2012 at 09:26 AM.
sruv is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes