Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtricks View Post
If you'd go to torchlights official forums instead, you'd find better answers. For example this post from the lead developer himself:
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=30536

He sais that they're IMPROVING the game even more, using feedback from the beta, not just flatting out bugs. Developers who have that kind of commitment are very rare these days. You should all be happy about this if you're a torchlight fan!
i love the part where it list what t1 had and what t2 has, its doubled at least on all of them
chairsgotoschoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #32
bdo7

Wow, more than doubled. Because I know some people won't click through the links and scroll down, here's the list:

Quote:
Torchlight 1 has:

*7 Unique areas (not counting secret areas or Phase Beast areas, or random maps )
*52 Unique monster variants ( this does not count champion variants )
*47 total monster abilities ( this does not count boss abilities - this is for the rank and file )
*9 bosses/boss battles
*About 33 unique wardrobe sets
*About 230 unique weapon models
*About 60 unique player skills ( not counting spells )
*About 330 room layouts for assembling levels ( these are subrandomized as well )
*About 730 item affixes
*About 3080 items ( although this includes the goofy 'replicated' elite items that we used to stretch out the content - so a more accurate number is probably about 2000 )
*15 music tracks
*About 83 monster models ( not counting bosses or NPCs - there are more models than unique monsters because this includes player pets, summons, variants, and a few other odds and ends )
*1860 room pieces ( the raw props used to build levels )
*1612 animation files
*2778 texture files

------------------------------------------------------------------

Torchlight 2 has:

*44 Unique areas (not counting secret areas or Phase Beast areas, or random maps )
*183 Unique monster variants ( this does not count champion variants, of which there are MANY more than Torchlight 1 )
*148 total monster abilities ( this does not count boss abilities or champion abilities - this is for the rank and file )
*27 bosses/boss battles
*About 85 unique wardrobe sets
*About 395 unique weapon models
*About 120 unique player skills ( not counting spells)
*About 1200 room layouts for assembling levels (these are subrandomized as well)
*About 1344 item affixes
*About 5773 items (no goofy item replication!)
*62 music tracks
*About 300 monster models - not counting bosses or NPCs (There are often visual variants to a single monster type, for spice, or champion variants)
*5665 room pieces (the raw props used to build levels)
*5329 animation files
*5444 texture files

------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of scale, Torchlight 2 is close to 4x the scale of Torchlight 1 as far as assets go, and probably close to that as far as playtime.
So let's do some quick math:

6 times as many unique areas (500% more)
3.5 times as many unique monster variants (250% more)
3 times as many monster abilities (200% more)
3 times as many boss battles (200% more)
2.5 times as many wardrobe sets (150% more)
1.7 times as many weapon models (70% more)
2 times as many player skills (100% more)
3.6 times as many room layouts (260% more)
2.8 times as many items (180% more)
4 times as many music tracks ( 300% more)
3.6 times as many monster models (260% more)

Hot diggity. I'm officially (more) excited about this now.

Last edited by bdo7: 07-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.
bdo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #33
WMSchoenhofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrael87 View Post
A violation of a contract? Is this trolling?
Not trolling at all but maybe I used the wrong words? Its just disappointing when you preorder something and before you pay it says "available july 2012."

I bought it under the impression it would be available by the end of this month. If it had said "estimated to be available july 2012" I would have no room to complain about it. I realize it's not the end of July yet and I'm not all upset, but had it said it was estimated or said the release was in September I would have skipped out on the preorder and purchased something else.

Communication with people that preordered it when it had a different date could have got an email from steam when it got pushed back or some other notice. I mean they already have my cash so there is nothing I can do about it, I just wish there was better customer service that's all
WMSchoenhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
wyzau

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdo7 View Post
Wow, more than doubled. Because I know some people won't click through the links and scroll down, here's the list:

So let's do some quick math:

6 times as many unique areas (500% more)
3.5 times as many unique monster variants (250% more)
3 times as many monster abilities (200% more)
3 times as many boss battles (200% more)
2.5 times as many wardrobe sets (150% more)
1.7 times as many weapon models (70% more)
2 times as many player skills (100% more)
3.6 times as many room layouts (260% more)
2.8 times as many items (180% more)
4 times as many music tracks ( 300% more)
3.6 times as many monster models (260% more)

Hot diggity. I'm officially (more) excited about this now.
I would also find a comparison between Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 very interesting. Not because i hate Diablo 3 (in fact i enjoyed one walkthrough, but never motivated me enough to try the next difficulty level), just because i'm curious.
wyzau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMSchoenhofer View Post
Not trolling at all but maybe I used the wrong words? Its just disappointing when you preorder something and before you pay it says "available july 2012."

I bought it under the impression it would be available by the end of this month. If it had said "estimated to be available july 2012" I would have no room to complain about it. I realize it's not the end of July yet and I'm not all upset, but had it said it was estimated or said the release was in September I would have skipped out on the preorder and purchased something else.

Communication with people that preordered it when it had a different date could have got an email from steam when it got pushed back or some other notice. I mean they already have my cash so there is nothing I can do about it, I just wish there was better customer service that's all
they cant push something back that was never set in the first place, they only said hopefully for these summer months but did say in the summer. it does suck for people that dont know their whole story but they said the only reason its up for pre-order is because all the fans kept asking them to put up a pre-order
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #36
Khirsah01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairsgotoschoo View Post
they cant push something back that was never set in the first place, they only said hopefully for these summer months but did say in the summer. it does suck for people that dont know their whole story but they said the only reason its up for pre-order is because all the fans kept asking them to put up a pre-order
I had done a pre-order while my Steam had been saying (and still says) Summer 2012. I mainly did the pre-order to get the bundle of Torchlight 1 while waiting for 2 to be released. I had wanted to play it after my boyfriend showed it to me. Now that I've played it, I'm hooked! I'm mainly looking forward to T2 for the Co-op to be honest, finally get to play with him instead of "at the same time".

I'm glad that there's some proof of actual work going on and that there was beta testing. If there had been no whisper at all of it or no testing, then I'd be worried. Even though, yes, extremely long wait times like this do make people worried. Then again, there was almost 6 years between Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (NDS) Although the company that made those games has always been small, but does great work.

On the flipside... *whispers* Duke Nukem *runs for the hills*
Khirsah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khirsah01 View Post
I had done a pre-order while my Steam had been saying (and still says) Summer 2012. I mainly did the pre-order to get the bundle of Torchlight 1 while waiting for 2 to be released. I had wanted to play it after my boyfriend showed it to me. Now that I've played it, I'm hooked! I'm mainly looking forward to T2 for the Co-op to be honest, finally get to play with him instead of "at the same time".

I'm glad that there's some proof of actual work going on and that there was beta testing. If there had been no whisper at all of it or no testing, then I'd be worried. Even though, yes, extremely long wait times like this do make people worried. Then again, there was almost 6 years between Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (NDS) Although the company that made those games has always been small, but does great work.

On the flipside... *whispers* Duke Nukem *runs for the hills*
haha yeah thats why im waiting to pre-order but its less i'm afraid it will be cancled like star wars battlefront 3 but more cause i only have about 20 bucks and what is something awsome goes on sale. and lots of games have been put off for years, half-life 2, tf2... any valve sequal besides left 4 dead 2
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #38
Kazuki

Reminds me of when I Preordered Tl2 back in Sept of last year when it was supposed to come out
Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #39
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki View Post
Reminds me of when I Preordered Tl2 back in Sept of last year when it was supposed to come out
some people said that the only preorders opend in may cause some guy said he wasnt sure if he got it at pax or not
Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #40
AwayToHit

It will be out when its ready
AwayToHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #41
Kuja_Diartua

They are delaying because they know we'll wait - the first time in my memory, when community (mostly) wants the game to be delayed.

As for me - i pre-ordered it few month ago - ill just wake up one morning and the game will be on my account. Like Christmas, lol.
Kuja_Diartua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #42
Nalzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja_Diartua View Post
They are delaying because they know we'll wait - the first time in my memory, when community (mostly) wants the game to be delayed.

As for me - i pre-ordered it few month ago - ill just wake up one morning and the game will be on my account. Like Christmas, lol.
At their rate, it might be Christmas before they finish it. Christmas of 2013 that is.
Nalzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #43
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalzee View Post
At their rate, it might be Christmas before they finish it. Christmas of 2013 that is.
it would be really funny if it came out sept. 26, the last day of summer or sept 22, i cant remember when summer ends
Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #44
JohnnyFronthole

After the beta everybody and their mother was crying about the movement speed being too fast and they wanted it slower, slower, SLOWER!

Maybe Runic misunderstood and thought they were all griping about the development speed instead of the character speed.
JohnnyFronthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #45
redthehat

TBH, I'm over this game already.

I pre ordered this some 3 months ago, and no word from the devs... Was good whilst it was good, but over it already.

That said, this is the last time I will pre order a game without a release date on Steam. What a waste of money...
redthehat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series