Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pat & Mat

Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
radioman970

Mill Creek put out Paddington Bear, a series even more for kids than this. I'll get around to emailing them about this one. Who knows...?

I bought this game...and joined the group in hopes of another episode. I have Windows 7/64 and it played fine.

Doesn't look like a whole lot of game here. Of course, it's not selling for a whole lot either so it's worth the selling price. I played a little of the tire repair portion. I wish I hadn't looked at the video of that on youtube, gave too much gameplay away. Still, it's a nice casual puzzle game. Not bad graphically, catchy tunes (sounds like Sesame Street, lol).. I like it! Very excited to discover this series and game. Thank you steam! Also makes me want to play Sam & Max, which I've had for ages but barely put a dent in the first episode.
radioman970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
radioman970

I emailed Mill Creek about this series:

support@millcreekent.com

Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:07 PM
Hi.

I was wondering if this is the right email address to make show suggestions for a Mill Creek DVD release.

The show I'd like to suggest is a Czech program that started in 1976 and ended in 2004 called "Pat & Mat" (or Kuťáci, A je to!, Pat a Mat). These are similar to Wallace & Gromit or Paddington Bear. Stop motion. There were 78 very short episodes (I believe about 8 minutes each at first, then 12 mins later in the series). The show has gotten at least a R2 DVD release and is much loved by many. Some of the episodes were actually shown here as well, I believe, but I don't remember ever seeing it. In 2008 a game was released worldwide and was offered on the gaming platform called steam today as the "Deal of the Day".

wikipedia entry of the show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_%26_Mat

Just wanted to suggest that one. I'd sure buy the complete series if it appeared in stores over here. Would LOVE you guys to release this like you've done other children's shows. It's very clever and funny. Up there with Wallace and Gromit.

Thank you for your time,
Old 07-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
simhay

Radioman - have you seen Trumpton/Camberwick Green? An old UK favourite which I was happy to introduce to my nephews.

Thanks for the tip on Paddington - I've been looking for these, and not the modern animated ones. If you hear they're re-releasing the Magic Roundabout (UK) I'd love to know about it. The original was French, and the UK release featured a narrator who (according to various articles) had no idea what was going on just ad-libbing half the time. Like, insane man.
simhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #19
potaco

Quote:
About the Game
"Pat & Mat" is a puzzle/adventure game featuring everyone's favorite goofy handymen from the legendary stop-motion TV series of the same name. All of the game's settings and characters are brought to life in full 3D (rendered in real-time), while maintaining the dreamy look of stop-motion movies. In the game, you will control both Pat & Mat in order to complete various tasks using their cooperation and teamwork.

Key features:
  • Worldwide Brand - Pat and Mat are well-known in many countries all over the world. The game doesn’t just “use” the name, it really simulates the popular TV series on your PC.
  • Instantly-recognizable characters - The game features 3D reconstructions of both puppets, just as you remember them!
  • The humor you love - Players will enjoy the non-stop antics, funny animations, and silly situations that Pat & Mat are best known for.
  • Not your average problem solving - Use your brain to help Pat & Mat solve all sorts of challenges, like building a crazy contraption called "The Incredible Machine"... just to inflate a tire!
  • Huge amount of mini-games and micro-games - The large variety of games will have you doing everything from figuring out how to inflate a tire to playing miniature golf.
  • Broad appeal - This is a game for all ages, from children to parents (and even grandparents)! Casual players will love the memorable humor and easy-to-use controls, while more serious gamers will enjoy the unique challenges and puzzles.
Feel free to deposit the check directly into my Steam wallet. Thanks.
potaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #20
madmarten

i feel very strongly about this game's store description
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
radioman970

@ patoco. Sold! I'll take 2. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by simhay View Post
Radioman - have you seen Trumpton/Camberwick Green? An old UK favourite which I was happy to introduce to my nephews.

Thanks for the tip on Paddington - I've been looking for these, and not the modern animated ones. If you hear they're re-releasing the Magic Roundabout (UK) I'd love to know about it. The original was French, and the UK release featured a narrator who (according to various articles) had no idea what was going on just ad-libbing half the time. Like, insane man.
I just youtubed camberwick. I'll bet I saw that as a child. Something called Chigley is also mentioned with those 2. And there are many on youtube. I'll be looking for these series, thanks for bringing them up.

You're welcome. I bought my nieces a DVD of some old Curious George stop motions I enjoyed so much as a child and got reminded about stuff like Paddington. Sure does take you back to a different time. I feel bad for kids of today.

I noticed Magic Roundabout on youtube. And "other places"...
Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
rocketsurgeon66

Not sure I got any clarity about the game itself, just that it's short and has minigames. "Fortunately", Valve solved the issue for me - I tried buying it for the hell of it, but my purchase was declined "for my protection". I was prepared for it to not be the next Crysis, but not that Valve would feel the need to protect me from it. :-P
rocketsurgeon66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pat & Mat