Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online

Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Ooiman

How to get DC Universe when "unavailable" in your county

HOW TO GET DC UNIVERSE ONLINE WHEN IT IS "UNAVAILABLE" IN YOUR COUNTRY.

So most of you who are visiting this part of the forum, probably already play the game or you are at least able to download it. But in case you aren't, and you live in a country in which the game is unavailable, here's a guide on how you get it.

Living in Europe is a chainsaw to the human dump hole if you're using Steam. Well, sometimes, with generally higher prices on games and stuff that is restricted and so on.

I've wanted to try out DC Universe Online for some time, but where I live the game is not available in the Steam store. I could buy it retail if I found it, but what's the point of that if it's a F2P game?

Well, here's how I managed to trick the system.

What you simply need to is to get a web link to a game on Steam that shows the price of the game (it could be any game, as far as I can tell). This worked in my regular web browser while NOT logged in. Steam will not recognize your location, as it would transfer you to the site version available in your region.

From this point, navigate yourself to DC Universe Online. It will display and you will be able to click the "Play Game" button. The website will ask you if you have Steam or wish to get it (as it should do). Choosing the "I have Steam" option, will open Steam and start the download.

The game will then, as figured, download. And after it's completed, you can play it. Steam will not react and say "This game is unavailable". I managed to launch the game, and play it.

If this is a known fact to Steam and/or the game's publisher, they haven't taken any actions to fix it - yet.

And as long as nobody knows or cares, there are no stopping you from playing. After all, why would they call it "Free to play" if it wasn't free for all?

Note: I don't know if this works for any game, like those you need to pay for.

Last edited by Ooiman: 07-19-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
TimL

steam://install/24200 ???

Usually works for F2P games that arent available in your country (and demos etc). Get the app id from the storepage and use a steam://install/??? link. Thats how I got most demos that didnt work here when they first came out.
TimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
Ooiman

Huh. Well, I guess that's an easier way. My bad.
Ooiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
vu733gt

Its easier, but thanks to your topic ive found solution, thank you both
vu733gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Howler54 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
steam://install/24200 ???

Usually works for F2P games that arent available in your country (and demos etc). Get the app id from the storepage and use a steam://install/??? link. Thats how I got most demos that didnt work here when they first came out.
Hmm ok.

Is this allowed though? Don't want to get my account banned, but I'd like to play it.
Howler54 II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
Erza27

is this game available in south east asian countries?
Erza27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
iloveBacooon

Guess installing a proxy server and do as if you are in the available countries also works?
iloveBacooon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DC Universe Online